Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

feel for you guys, i know there's usually loads of east west banter round these parts but what's happened to you lot this summer is above and beyond at the moment! Hope you find a silver lining somewhere in it :muscle:
It happens, every year there is a club that cops poor injury luck during the preseason…just happens to be our turn I guess!!

feel for you guys, i know there's usually loads of east west banter round these parts but what's happened to you lot this summer is above and beyond at the moment! Hope you find a silver lining somewhere in it :muscle:

Quite a few of us on here wanted to go into a rebuild and stop deluding ourselves we're any chance of a flag. The silver lining may be that this forces our hand.

Mark Readings & Karl Langdon spoke on 6pr about Keitel & said he's finished his allotted training at WCE & Freo want to try him out
for coupla weeks.
Langdon cryptically said WCE might be interested in a Freo train on Sandover medallist, which I assume is Bailey Rogers.
Interested in others' thoughts about our short term needs with our injury list...forwards or midfield?
Personally, I would be going Rogers, but interested in people's views.
Edit; it's not really that cryptic, it's just Karl doing Karl stuff

Given the mid injuries we'd be nuts not to be looking at Rogers

Hello! Here for SC reasons. Will Brady Hough get a game? I know he's lanky and raw, but he does have two functioning legs.
Two legs, sounds like a walk up start.

Seriously, I hole we rotate a few kids through, with enough experience around them of course, this season give the injuries. See it as an opportunity.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Readings & Karl Langdon spoke on 6pr about
Langdon cryptically said WCE might be interested in a Freo train on Sandover medallist, which I assume is Bailey Rogers.
Interested in others' thoughts about our short term needs with our injury list...forwards or midfield?

Rogers.....Rogers......

IT's happening..............

Would be a very smart move IMO. Would not mind seeing the two best WAFL mids running around in the 2nd half of the year.

Rogers (26yrs) could be additional cover for Shuey who I am afraid could be playing his last season.

Darling MUST be put on the inactive list. End of season when mandates are lifted add a 2nd rounder and trade him out and get an upgrade into the 1st round and be done with it.

Rogers.....Rogers......

Would be a very smart move IMO. Would not mind seeing the two best WAFL mids running around in the 2nd half of the year.

Rogers (26yrs) could be additional cover for Shuey who I am afraid could be playing his last season.

Darling MUST be put on the inactive list. End of season when mandates are lifted add a 2nd rounder and trade him out and get an upgrade into the 1st round and be done with it.

If mandates are lifted then we break bread with Darling and get him back to the club.

But for now, definitely inactive list (and add Sheed to the LTI list) which gives us 3 remaining spots (after Dixon addition). Strnadica (for medium term ruck coverage) plus 2 mids. For now, we are OK forward and backline (injuries and retirements have still hit those areas, but I doubt any SSP players would get games in those positions). We probably need 1 ready-to-go mid and could then take 1 project player (would need to be somewhat ready for AFL though considering our current issues).

Rogers.....Rogers......

I'm more worried that we are going to see Shuey not playing his last season. Zero confidence his body holds up to a game now.

giphy_s.gif
giphy_s.gif
giphy_s.gif
giphy_s.gif
giphy_s.gif

Mark Readings & Karl Langdon spoke on 6pr about Keitel & said he's finished his allotted training at WCE & Freo want to try him out
for coupla weeks.
Wasn't Schlensog the Freo train on we were interested in?

So on this Dixon thing, it feels like the clubs priorities are out of whack. Yes, Allen and Darling are unavailable, but we've had big issues with out midfield since the premiership, lost 3 midfielders on Friday, have a few more who rotate through there either out or under fitness clouds, yet the first move is to get another big man in.

Is Williams injured? Can we not rotate a tall back forward? Can we not adjust our forward structure so it doesn't need 4 talls there?

what is going on this pre season for you guys, did you piss in the injury god's cereal or something?
Can't catch a lucky break with those damn gods!
Probably sped up the rebuild and the reality that we weren't going to be a contender at the pointy end.
But as a footy tragic, we live in hope? Offers some kind of distraction/entertainment from the real world at least...

Let's focus on what we have in the Midfield.

Kelly,. Reddon Sam P Sexton, Gaff, West That's it. Will have to throw in J Jones I think might have too. One more injury to a mid we are in emergency evacuation phase. Forfoit games as we won't have enough players.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
Rioli, Trew, Edwards? Duggan? It's all looking patched up and desperate.
Can we make a silk purse from a sows ear?
Can we win a game?

So on this Dixon thing, it feels like the clubs priorities are out of whack. Yes, Allen and Darling are unavailable, but we've had big issues with out midfield since the premiership, lost 3 midfielders on Friday, have a few more who rotate through there either out or under fitness clouds, yet the first move is to get another big man in.

Is Williams injured? Can we not rotate a tall back forward? Can we not adjust our forward structure so it doesn't need 4 talls there?

We’ve been trialing a number of mids plus a couple of talls for our two or three available spots.

Dixon is the one that has most clearly stood out, so he’s the first one to get signed. It doesn’t mean we’re not also going to sign up some midfield help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back