Preview Preview and Discussion Round 2 Hawthorn v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since Pup got drafted, I suggested his value, early on in the season, would be in attack. Someone quick, tough and hard, who can put up some serious pressure in the fwd line. There's less pressure starting here than in the backline where mistakes are very costly.

I think he could bob up for a couple of goals too.

PS The reason I argued for this is because on paper, you can simply see we need more speed in attack, to pressure defenses. My two cents worth:eek:

Can't believe how quickly everyone jumped on Renouf. Had a good season last year in difficult circumstances, he is still very young in ruckman terms, and he had a bad game. He'll be fine.
Looked much the same as he always has to me, does a reasonable job, bit rough around the edges but fine as long as he plays to his limitations.
The bloke he was playing on - Maric - I think is a pretty valid comparison for Renouf. Really he's just been so-so until now, but I think he was a lot better on the weekend than I've seen him play before.

Tall buggers often take a while to learn how to properly control their amusingly elongated bodies & limbs let alone play sport, isn't that right? ;)

Looked much the same as he always has to me, does a reasonable job, bit rough around the edges but fine as long as he plays to his limitations.
The bloke he was playing on - Maric - I think is a pretty valid comparison for Renouf. Really he's just been so-so until now, but I think he was a lot better on the weekend than I've seen him play before.

Tall buggers often take a while to learn how to properly control their amusingly elongated bodies & limbs let alone play sport, isn't that right? ;)

Haha, but watch out when they come good champ.

Very excited Hawkers, this one is going right down to the wire. Moloney's clearance work has been phenomenal so we'll actually have a shot in the midfield for once.

Look for Mitchell to have a tonne of the ball. He loves playing the Dees.

Thinking Clarko will bring back Hodge, if for no other reason than for some leadership which I thought was lacking last weekend.

If we are a top 4 team then we should bury Melbourne. If we lose, this place will go into meltdown on sunday night.

Where did you read that Sewell is injuried????

I saw it first hand on Sunday at Adelaide airport, his calf was strapped up. And I've just read it today on Sports News First. It says he'll probably be named in the team but will have to see how he's going before the game. Fingers crossed he's good to go.

Last week was extremely disappointing, we had a decent first half but from about the 20 minute mark of the second quarter we kind of fell apart. I'm sure this tape would have been shown to the boys numerous times during the week and they'll be very keen to come out this Sunday and play out 4 quarters. I'm expecting a few changes to our side. I really hope Buddy and Roughy are given more space up forward to lead and I hope we have practiced our skills by hand anf foot as they were rubbish in the second half last week, some of the worst clangers I have seen.

For me, I'm expecting Bruce to be dropped, I believe he may have something to offer but he needs time to find form and earn his spot, we have plenty of youngsters trying to earn a spot.

If we are a top 4 team then we should bury Melbourne. If we lose, this place will go into meltdown on sunday night.
Clarko's already on thin ice. If we lose to Melbourne you'll be able to measure it by the micron.

I'm feeling very positive about this game though, it'd shock me if the Dees were able to finish within 2-3 goals of us at best.
We seem to matchup very well against them and they lack the ability to exert enough pressure on our midfield to make our gameplan fall apart as it did in last week's 2nd half.

We should be fine to win this week along with the two after that, against Geelong I won't be so confident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be interesting to see how we manage Hodgey this week, should he play.

Just saw on Fox Sports News that he's expecting the achilles injury to linger for another five weeks.

It's a tough decision to make. Do we manage him for the next 5 weeks, and take the risk of him not being right all year, or do we rest him for 5 weeks and risk him being unfit when he comes back?

I reckon we'll go with the first option.

Going to be interesting to see how we manage Hodgey this week, should he play.

Just saw on Fox Sports News that he's expecting the achilles injury to linger for another five weeks.

It's a tough decision to make. Do we manage him for the next 5 weeks, and take the risk of him not being right all year, or do we rest him for 5 weeks and risk him being unfit when he comes back?

I reckon we'll go with the first option.

Dangerous ploy thinking you can manage someone like Hodge. Sort of bloke who is almost certain to push himself beyond what he should.

For me, I'm expecting Bruce to be dropped, I believe he may have something to offer but he needs time to find form and earn his spot, we have plenty of youngsters trying to earn a spot.

If he is fit, Cameron Bruce will play against his old team...put money on it! And, for what its worth, I think he will be a lot better than last week.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back