Preview Preview/Changes - Round 4 v West Coast at Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous to drop Jordon and keep Sparrow IMO, that’s not selection based on merit.

Not surprising to see another tall in to replace Brown.

Looks like Melk will be gifted another week of sub

I like Jordon and thought he had a good game last week - only thing I can think of as a reason for him being dropped is his disposal. Went at 66% last week, which isn't horribly bad, but it's definitely not good. Rivers has been through a similar thing previously where he was repeatedly sent back to Casey to work on his disposal, so I wonder if it's something similar?

My wonderful post-Tom McDonald life didn't even last a week, predictably.

Jordon incredibly stiff

Jesus. JJ stiff. Won't make a difference either way, but he deserved to keep his spot. Hopefully he's sub.

TMac is a big meh. All we can hope for is he finds some form. Maybe that means Petty goes back to cover Allen. May on Darling, Petty on Allen. It's gonna be about matchups in regards to Petty going forward or back.

If it was me I’d have sent Melksham back to Casey to
get a full game into him . Just knew when coach blew smoke up T-Macs arse he’d be brought in .

TMac actually has a pretty good record against West Coast, scoring 5, 3, 0, 2, 4 in his last five games against them. Jordon really unlucky though - I read that he's put off contract talks till the end of the season, and this probably isn't going to make him any more likely to re-sign.

Incidentally, I just noticed that we have the best winning percentage of any team in the league at Optus stadium, including Freo and WC. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tmac probably going to kick 4 against the WAFL Eagles too.

Brown back in next week JVR dropped after he only kicks 1, "He needs to work on some things still" ... can absolutely see it.

Best our forward line has looked since 2021 because we went smaller and mobile. So what do we do to further improve that?

Bring Tmac in.
Brown was in our forwardline for 2 and a half quarters in fairness.

Best our forward line has looked since 2021 because we went smaller and mobile. So what do we do to further improve that?

Bring Tmac in.

Someone needed to fill Ben Brown's 1 goal and nothing else then subbed off role from last week. #goodylogic

Going with the logic that Brown doing nothing brought JVR into the game. :rainbow:
Game was fun last week but thats not how we want it looking like. Need more opposition intercept marks and ball ups in our forward 50, both of them are far more important than goals.

Game was fun last week but thats not how we want it looking like. Need more opposition intercept marks and ball ups in our forward 50, both of them are far more important than goals.
🧬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back