Priest Stabbed Live Stream in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he turn 16 today?
Funny you say that. My husband and I were joking that maybe he had a birthday overnight. If he did, I would argue that that may show greater premeditation and determination to play the system - that he potentially knowingly committed the alleged offence just before he turned 16. If he did have such a birthday I would expect the prosecution to raise that in determining how he is treated by the system.

Hope the police all had their bodycams on in night mode? to help them arrest and prosecute all of the those that committed crimes last night.

And zero leniency for being incited by the knife attack or any other threats to them or their community.

Maybe I missed something but how did so many people turn up so quickly? Was the live stream that popular in the community?
It spread around Twitter/X like wildfire. We saw it just after it was posted and before people turned up to riot, and we do not follow or engage with any accounts that would have been directly streaming that. There are other accounts that will promote and propagate things like that, regardless of whether they are involved with or interested in the subject matter, and with the algorithm posts like that can end up in people’s feeds very quickly.

The Greens will come out and say he cannot be held legally responsible for his actions?
What? I was commenting on the difference between him being labeled as 15 yesterday vs 16 today not to do with him being 16 vs being an adult. At 16 there is more scope for charges and to treat him like an adult, should the prosecution wish to pursue that and the judiciary agree.

The 16yo attacker was actually hospitalised for finger injuries, which doesn't mean his fingers were cut off in retribution as Boikov from within the safety of the Russian Embassy tweeted. They were probably stomped on trying to get the knife off him.

A 16-year-old who police say was known but not "well-known" to them was arrested at the scene after being held down by members of the church, and was also hospitalised for finger injuries.

I assume the flick knife mentioned in the article was the weapon last night.

The teenage boy arrested over last night's stabbing attack inside a Sydney church was on a good behaviour bond after facing court for a knife crime just three months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bishop in this situation was known to be preaching anti-vaxxer and anti-lockdown rhetoric, which have been linked to RW groups. So yes, they are more relevant.
Yeah ok then, he got stabbed by an anti anti-vaxxer then :rolleyes:

#sotolerant

The 16yo attacker was actually hospitalised for finger injuries, which doesn't mean his fingers were cut off in retribution as Boikov from within the safety of the Russian Embassy tweeted. They were probably stomped on trying to get the knife off him.
Clear as mud
The jury is out.

'NSW Police addresses rumours alleged church stabber’s finger severed

By LILY MCCAFFREY
NCA NEWSWIRE
10:55AM APRIL 16, 2024
Police Commissioner Karen Webb confirmed that the alleged offender had been in surgery on Tuesday morning but said it was “really too early to say” what had happened to his finger.

“There’s various stories about the fingers,” Ms Webb said when she addressed the media on Tuesday morning.

“That’s not clear yet whether it’s self-inflicted or through the melee that occurred or some other way, and I understand that it’s possibly a flick knife, but that is to be confirmed as well.”

When asked by a reporter if she knew whether the crowd in their anger had cut off the teenager’s finger or whether his own knife had caused the rumoured injury, Ms Webb said the answer would be determined “through statements from witnesses and victims” but agreed that it was an important point.

Rumours had quickly swirled online about the teenagers hand amid speculation potentially up to four of his fingers had been severed.

Earlier reports claimed at least one of the teenager’s fingers was severed by parishioners after they pulled him off Bishop Emmanuel at the church about 7pm on Monday evening.

However, NCA NewsWire understands that not to be the case.

High level souces have confirmed the 16-year-old was responsible for the injury to just one of his fingers, which occurred during the attack.

Ms Webb said it was also “too early to say” whether the teenager’s finger was injured before or after police arrived on the scene but more details about the reported injury would be released to the public when they became available.

“We will provide more information when it’s available,” she said.'

Yeah ok then, he got stabbed by an anti anti-vaxxer then :rolleyes:

#sotolerant
I did not say that or imply that whatsoever. I was discussing extremism generally and referring to the Bishop himself showing elements of extremism and being an anti-vaxxer. Nor did I say that this justified what happened to him. Again, I was discussing extremism generally in the context of a conversation.

I assume the flick knife mentioned in the article was the weapon last night.

There was another article I linked in this thread that indicated it was a flick knife used in the alleged attack last night so your assumption would most likely be correct.

A 16-year-old who police say was known but not "well-known" to them was arrested at the scene after being held down by members of the church, and was also hospitalised for finger injuries.
Same tweeter who named the jewish man as the perpetrator in the Bondi Junction stabbing massacre.

ETA: The reason I have said "jewish man" is because I am trying to avoid publishing his name, because of how unfair that was. It's just meant to be an identifier so people know who I'm talking about.

There was another article I linked in this thread that indicated it was a flick knife used in the alleged attack last night so your assumption would most likely be correct.

Generally when a charge applies the knife is confiscated and disposed of, he might like flick knives and replaced it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Priest Stabbed Live Stream in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back