Toast Proud of our Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But they are supported by the club.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also, by "supported" you are assuming the the indigenous players voted Yes. What if they wanted to vote no?? Does this mean that the club is not supporting them?

Again, the statement and the club stance was done in consultation with the indigenous Australians at the club both past and present.

This was a significant moment in indigenous Australian affairs; the club not showing support to its indigenous Australians in this instance is tantamount to not supporting them at all. Support cannot be conditional when you’re dealing with real people.

It’s why clubs and the AFL outwardly showed support to the gay marriage plebiscite; it’s why American sports teams supported games being postponed or standard messaging on helmets etc. during Black Lives Matter.

I wish this thread never existed. You can look at all my posts on this thread and I was proven 100% correct. RFC divided its membership by entering into politics. We deserve an apology and this can never occur again. Again the board were humiliated last night.
Yes we've heard your voice. You're ashamed of the practical work and achievements of our club and think our efforts divisive. You're allowed to have that opinion. You're also allowed to try and shut down the voices of those of us who feel deeply proud of our club. Knock yourself out. But I don't think you'll achieve that, because this is a positive, joyous and triumphant thread.

Again, the statement and the club stance was done in consultation with the indigenous Australians at the club both past and present.

This was a significant moment in indigenous Australian affairs; the club not showing support to its indigenous Australians in this instance is tantamount to not supporting them at all. Support cannot be conditional when you’re dealing with real people.

It’s why clubs and the AFL outwardly showed support to the gay marriage plebiscite; it’s why American sports teams supported games being postponed or standard messaging on helmets etc. during Black Lives Matter.
So ALL the indigenous players/staff voted Yes? If not then they aren't supported are they??? And that is why the RFC make a mistake... Thank God we can move on now anyway.

Yes we've heard your voice. You're ashamed of the practical work and achievements of our club and think our efforts divisive. You're allowed to have that opinion. You're also allowed to try and shut down the voices of those of us who feel deeply proud of our club. Knock yourself out. But I don't think you'll achieve that, because this is a positive, joyous and triumphant thread.
And we have heard yours. You have conceded here how ill informed you are. To conflate my view on the club taking political positions with the good practical work they have done in aboriginal communities shows how mean spirited and weak your arguments are. Fortunately everyone here can see what you are doing.

Speaking of feeling very proud of our club. Can I share that I was at AFLW Dreamtime Gathering at THE LUME on Wednesday evening. Before the event there was a workshop with students from the Koran Gamadji institute around social and emotional wellbeing. What an impressive and inspiring group of young people they are.
For information on the KGI and its work and achievements check out their web site.

Why do football clubs and the AFL need to push things? Love the club to death but this is not why I like football.

Save the politics for later and just let football be football.

It's because they need to tow the Government line otherwise they don't get funding etc. It's all about money and virtue signalling.

This post shows all the hubris and arrogance of the No vote. Aboriginal people never wanted this thing and that was born out last night. Club needs to listen to aboriginal people not the aboriginal industry.
The board needs to apologise to its members.
Don't you mean the arrogance of the yes vote?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol sky news

The best polling done of Aboriginal voters showed 70-80% did want Yes.

The idea Aboriginal voters didn't want it is a white person point of view

Any debate who's side consists of individuals such as Rinehart, Clive Palmer, Pauline Hansen, Sam Newman etc etc says it all. Liberals and co successfully politisied this. Yes campaign assume too much of the general population (IE like they'd even look it up)... The No voice pop 'if you don't no vote no'. Disgraceful how effective that was.

this is our brexit / trump moment
A clueless statement of epic proportions

Get this politics s**t out of here please
Great advice.

The Richmond Football Club doesn't just talk the talk, it walks the walk.
Despite the vote and all the nasty politics, we can and should proudly walk together.

Maybe we can share the practical ideas and ways that we intend listen going forward.

Before this thread closes, I just want to point out how utterly brain dead some posters are if they think the club didn't consult its indigenous talent before committing itself one way or another, and perhaps this position was also what they wanted.

Indigenous players and staff have given and still contribute much to this club. Why would we want to piss them off?

Before this thread closes, I just want to point out how utterly brain dead some posters are if they think the club didn't consult its indigenous talent before committing itself one way or another, and perhaps this position was also what they wanted.

Indigenous players and staff have given and still contribute much to this club. Why would we want to piss them off?
Likewise you would be brain-dead if you assumed all were consulted

And there you have it! but the Activists/ Government & Media said that 80% of indiginous people wanted it. LOL what a load of horse s**t FFS even NT voted no.
Of course that's only one person's experience. The point for me is that the whole thing was a shambles particularly from the yes side. Ill thought out with absolutely no clarity as to what exactly the voice would be. Just a campaign of racism/bigotry and vague woke messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back