Toast Proud of our Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesky sport getting involved in politics, that would never happen anywhere else...

We’re just not mature enough as a board to handle it. Send it to the MB. Let’s just keep it to the TAN and the footy

You really think remote aboriginal people are going to vote for less rights?

Talk us through the thought process
I don't know mate ..what I do know is a close friend of mine in the last year moved up to Karumba in the gulf of Carpentaria to run the pub ...she was going to vote yes but as is her nature she talked extensively with the local Aboriginal community up there to get a sense of the community feeling on it ...she changed her vote to no after being overwhelming told by them that they were going to vote no ...make of that what you will

Few people have read the report. It is painfully repetitive and vague. In summary each state and territory will have 2x voice representatives. So ACT will have the same weighting as QLD or NSW despite representing a fraction of the people. There does not need to be elections but members can be decided by Aboriginal lore or customs. That is exactly how ATSIC became such a corrupt disaster. Determining who these representatives will be will create toxic divisions amongst Aboriginal people. Particularly when there is no process.
I could go on forever but it will be a small unrepresentative elite opining on any and every issue while our hearts break over what occurs in Aboriginal communities. The only arguments for the voice seems to be that we need to do something to address inequality and this will help. Yet it will do the opposite.
How the club can support a process where there is no democracy, no accountability and complete gerrymandering begs real questions about their competence. It is already creating huge divisions in aboriginal communities.
It makes far more sense for the club to recommend voting Labor for all Tassie members to try kill off the stadium and the 19th team. Beyond that the club must keep its thoughts to itself
same old TOP END JOBS give to each give and do nothing useful for the minority. filling pockets - how many times can they swing it and we pay for it.

You can see the breakdown on the AEC website. Fair to say there are a lot of aboriginal voices RFC are not listening to. The whole club should be embarrassed that it has become political.
What’s more you cannot say you support treaty to “listen to aboriginal voices” to then have the whole program sponsored by a brewer and fast food chain. 74% of aboriginal people are obese. Processed food and alcohol are destroying aboriginal communities yet we take their money and say how much we do for aboriginal communities.
Australians have had enough of this hypocrisy. If the club were serious they would refuse these sponsorships. It is time for the board to be accountable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This dinosaur belongs in the Tiger Sanctuary with Alex Rance's, the Dodo birds and Oleg Markovs thread. All these virtue signallers lathering themselves up with stats and quotes. Well here's one for you. I early voted with my ex who's Indigenous and she voted no. Her whole family was something like 21 No and 3 yes. The 3 yes were all because they were expecting yes to lead to a future million dollar payout in reparations.

At a birthday party yesterday 3 Indigenous all voted No. I love how virtue signallers never seem to actually have any Indigenous relatives or friends yet they'll gladly lecture everyone how they support the Indigenous people yet they wouldn't dare have those people set foot on their premises.

"Hide the silverware dear we're having those people over for morning tea. Make sure all the valuables and alcohols out of sight. Now kids be sure to smile in all the photos so I can put them up on social media...... An hour later: sorry we have to wrap this soiree up unfortunately we have other engagements. We'll have to do this another time.... Ok they're gone someone take that ghastly flag and dot painting down. Be sure to was your hands now.....'

Nice try. Go look at Tingha say in NSW. All aboriginal town basically 288 no 45 yes. Endless examples like this.
For some reason it's very important for "No!" voters to believe that they haven't voted against what the vast majority of indigenous people wanted. I gather it's some sort of "I'm not racist. Some of my best friends are Aboriginal" thing.
Own the decision you made. Please don't come into a a positive thread like this trying to justify yourself with bullshit. I don't think anyone's really interested in the discredited excuses you've been fed by conservative propagandists.

This dinosaur belongs in the Tiger Sanctuary with Alex Rance's, the Dodo birds and Oleg Markovs thread. All these virtue signallers lathering themselves up with stats and quotes. Well here's one for you. I early voted with my ex who's Indigenous and she voted no. Her whole family was something like 21 No and 3 yes. The 3 yes were all because they were expecting yes to lead to a future million dollar payout in reparations.

At a birthday party yesterday 3 Indigenous all voted No. I love how virtue signallers never seem to actually have any Indigenous relatives or friends yet they'll gladly lecture everyone how they support the Indigenous people yet they wouldn't dare have those people set foot on their premises.

"Hide the silverware dear we're having those people over for morning tea. Make sure all the valuables and alcohols out of sight. Now kids be sure to smile in all the photos so I can put them up on social media...... An hour later: sorry we have to wrap this soiree up unfortunately we have other engagements. We'll have to do this another time.... Ok they're gone someone take that ghastly flag and dot painting down. Be sure to was your hands now.....'
Again, here's someone, who feels the need to make stuff up to justify their hateful opinions.
Let's try and keep this thread positive and not let it be derailed by bigotry born of ignorance and fear, and in your case, delusional thinking.

For some reason it's very important for "No!" voters to believe that they haven't voted against what the vast majority of indigenous people wanted. I gather it's some sort of "I'm not racist. Some of my best friends are Aboriginal" thing.
Own the decision you made. Please don't come into a a positive thread like this trying to justify yourself with bullshit. I don't think anyone's really interested in the discredited excuses you've been fed by conservative propagandists.
😂

If you don't know...vote no and say naught!

Again, here's someone, who feels the need to make stuff up to justify their hateful opinions.
Let's try and keep this thread positive and not let it be derailed by bigotry born of ignorance and fear, and in your case, delusional thinking.

You're a dead set fu@k wit. I guess I must've delusionally hallucinated being in a 12 year relationship with a girl who's spray tan never washed off and had to reassure 1000 times I didn't have any issue with her @#$&* nose as she calls it.
I wish the humbugging was all in my imagination too. I need a new car....

You're a dead set fu@k wit. I guess I must've delusionally hallucinated being in a 12 year relationship with a girl who's spray tan never washed off and had to reassure 1000 times I didn't have any issue with her @#$&* nose as she calls it.
Whilst your vile personal insults strengthen you position immeasurably, your "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are Aboriginal" line is something I've heard many times before. It doesn't carry much credibility, no matter how uncouthly you articulate it.

Do you have anything positive to add to this thread? Something you're proud of about our club's position on the Voice, or the many other achievements in its engagement with Aboriginal people and communities? Because I'm sure if you look, you, like me, will find much to be proud of.

I wish the humbugging was all in my imagination too. I need a new car....
Have some class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back