Toast Proud of our Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard 80% but I've not bothered to do much fact checking.

Personally I am a bit unsure of the club trying to tell people what political views to have.

Celtic (Scotland) hardcore fans (pro Palestine) vs the board being pro Israel / comes to mind.

You heard wrong. It is very difficult to poll remote communities. Resolve did not even bother. We going out last night what they think though. Go ask those in the cape what they think of Noel Pearson for example.
No voters need to listen to aboriginal people, not the aboriginal elites.

You heard wrong. It is very difficult to poll remote communities. Resolve did not even bother. We going out last night what they think though. Go ask those in the cape what they think of Noel Pearson for example.
No voters need to listen to aboriginal people, not the aboriginal elites.

So they voted/think no , because they wanted a more radical set of incentives ?

Not because they are anti the indigenous 'voice' but want a treaty? Lidia Thorpe styles

So they voted/think no , because they wanted a more radical set of incentives ?

Not because they are anti the indigenous 'voice' but want a treaty? Lidia Thorpe styles
Some but most voters No because the whole proposal was a disaster and the Yes case could never describe how this thing would work.

Some but most voters No because the whole proposal was a disaster and the Yes case could never describe how this thing would work.

Yeah but we were not talking about most voters. We were discussing the aboriginal mentality.

So you agree that the vast majority of them wanted a yes or something more extreme?

To jog your memory you were telling us what aboriginal people wanted

What is particularly sad is the club refers to its “lived experience” as to why you should vote yes. Clearly their “lived experience” is with activists and elites not with everyday aboriginal people. The board is becoming detached from its members and the everyday man. No club can succeed when it does that.

What is particularly sad is the club refers to its “lived experience” as to why you should vote yes. Clearly their “lived experience” is with activists and elites not with everyday aboriginal people. The board is becoming detached from its members and the everyday man. No club can succeed when it does that.

It's not clear at all. Your throwing out your own ideas and claiming that's that's the aboriginal perspective.

Many sources have stated the indigenous wanted a yes vote, or if not something more extreme. (treaty etc.).

However I agree the football club shouldn't be dictating what's fans think or do politically

It's not clear at all. Your throwing out your own ideas and claiming that's that's the aboriginal perspective.

Many sources have stated the indigenous wanted a yes vote, or if not something more extreme. (treaty etc.).

However I agree the football club shouldn't be dictating what's fans think or do politically
watch this. Infact the board needs to watch this. Jacinta price has to have a protective detail of federal police but Linda Burney does not.
RFC must apologise to its members. This can never be allowed to happen again. Stop listening to the aboriginal industry and start listening to aboriginal people.

Incredibly proud of our club for taking a stance on this. A brave decision, but one I feel strongly is the right decision.
As mentioned, our club is richer and better for our proud connection with the Indigenous community, their brothers and sisters.
Well done Richmond for always being a strong, progressive club.

So much to be so proud of:

Reconciliation Australia formally endorses Elevate RAP status to organisations with a demonstrated history of achievement and leadership across all three core RAP areas - respect, relationships and opportunities.

Only nine businesses across Australia have had RAP’s upgraded to Elevate status and Richmond is the first sporting organisation in the country to achieve Elevate status.

Richmond was also the first AFL club to formally get behind the Victorian treaty:
Richmond Football Club and the Korin Gamadji Institute are supporting First Peoples in Victoria on the journey to Treaty.

We’re partnering with the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria – the democratic voice for Traditional Owners and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Victoria – to help spread the word and build support for Treaty.

Treaty is our opportunity to right the wrongs of the past and create a better future together.

So much to be so proud of:

Reconciliation Australia formally endorses Elevate RAP status to organisations with a demonstrated history of achievement and leadership across all three core RAP areas - respect, relationships and opportunities.

Only nine businesses across Australia have had RAP’s upgraded to Elevate status and Richmond is the first sporting organisation in the country to achieve Elevate status.

Richmond was also the first AFL club to formally get behind the Victorian treaty:
Richmond Football Club and the Korin Gamadji Institute are supporting First Peoples in Victoria on the journey to Treaty.

We’re partnering with the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria – the democratic voice for Traditional Owners and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Victoria – to help spread the word and build support for Treaty.

Treaty is our opportunity to right the wrongs of the past and create a better future together.
If the club is serious about aboriginal communities, it will commit to a royal commission into child abuse in aboriginal communities and financial audits of aboriginal corporations just like the coalition has.
RFC is on dangerous ground. It is publicly supporting a broken model of helping aboriginal communities. One which has been overwhelmingly rejected by Australia.

If the club is serious about aboriginal communities, it will commit to a royal commission into child abuse in aboriginal communities and financial audits of aboriginal corporations just like the coalition has.
RFC is on dangerous ground. It is publicly supporting a broken model of helping aboriginal communities. One which has been overwhelmingly rejected by Australia.

Should the Richmond tigers football club do enquires into child abuse in the church. Boy scouts or public schools?

They are not good enough at football for such bollocks

watch this. Infact the board needs to watch this. Jacinta price has to have a protective detail of federal police but Linda Burney does not.
RFC must apologise to its members. This can never be allowed to happen again. Stop listening to the aboriginal industry and start listening to aboriginal people.

Lol sky news

The best polling done of Aboriginal voters showed 70-80% did want Yes.

The idea Aboriginal voters didn't want it is a white person point of view

Any debate who's side consists of individuals such as Rinehart, Clive Palmer, Pauline Hansen, Sam Newman etc etc says it all. Liberals and co successfully politisied this. Yes campaign assume too much of the general population (IE like they'd even look it up)... The No voice pop 'if you don't no vote no'. Disgraceful how effective that was.

this is our brexit / trump moment

Apparently you've been conned by propaganda largely funded by foreign owned entities.

If you're at all interested about our club's commitment, perhaps look at the work of the Korin Gamadji institute. Or at the reasons why our club has been endorsed as Elevate RAP.

I assure you that you'll feel very proud :thumbsu:

“the best polling” you really are an ignoramus. Resolve are a labor polling group and they had it t 59% but warned they cannot effectively poll remote communities Refer to my post above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“the best polling” you really are an ignoramus. Resolve are a labor polling group and they had it t 59% but warned they cannot effectively poll remote communities Refer to my post above.

You really think remote aboriginal people are going to vote for less rights?

Talk us through the thought process

Apparently you've been conned by propaganda largely funded by foreign owned entities.

If you're at all interested about our club's commitment, perhaps look at the work of the Korin Gamadji institute. Or at the reasons why our club has been endorsed as Elevate RAP.

What “foreign owned entities” are you talking about. All of corporate Australia was being this disastrous proposal.
Pride is usually before the fall but wow. Even after the fall you are still proud.

You were quoting “the best polling”. Now you concede you were not. You have conceded you have no understanding and have not thoroughly looked into this.
The NT and QLD results last night show that the No vote was far stronger in aboriginal communities than thought. RFC board were humiliated last night.

What “foreign owned entities” are you talking about. All of corporate Australia was being this disastrous proposal.
Pride is usually before the fall but wow. Even after the fall you are still proud.
I agree that the funding of the think tanks etc that financially backed the no campaign is very opaque.
But yes. I am proud. Very proud of my club. Have a look at the work they're doing and I promise you'll be just as proud as me.

I reckon we stick to footy talk. Not every yes vote was a snowflake, not every no a racist. Not everyone was fully informed on both sides of the fence. We have been down this road before on this board and it got ugly as hell.
go tiges.

I reckon we stick to footy talk. Not every yes vote was a snowflake, not every no a racist. Not everyone was fully informed on both sides of the fence. We have been down this road before on this board and it got ugly as hell.
go tiges.
That is undoubtedly true and I agree, the ugliness that we have all witnessed in recent weeks has no place in a positive thread like this. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our pride at the practical and symbolic steps our club has made.

This post shows all the hubris and arrogance of the No vote. Aboriginal people never wanted this thing and that was born out last night. Club needs to listen to aboriginal people not the aboriginal industry.
The board needs to apologise to its members.

The club made its statement in consultation with the Indigenous Australians that work at the club, and those that have walked Punt Road’s harrowed halls.

Its message was to show its support to them, it wasn’t telling you how to vote.

The club has absolutely nothing to apologize for. Standing up and standing with its players is something it should be proud of. Regardless of the referendum.

Why do football clubs and the AFL need to push things? Love the club to death but this is not why I like football.

Save the politics for later and just let football be football.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The answer to this is because a football club is made up of people. Including indigenous Australians both past and present.

No one wants to work where they don’t feel supported. Regardless of whether that’s in sport in other industries.

The club made its statement in consultation with the Indigenous Australians that work at the club, and those that have walked Punt Road’s harrowed halls.

Its message was to show its support to them, it wasn’t telling you how to vote.

The club has absolutely nothing to apologize for. Standing up and standing with its players is something it should be proud of. Regardless of the referendum.

It's claimed half plus of aboriginals voted no according to the AEC.

If true, well..

" despite the overall no vote, the remote communities almost unanimously voted Yes "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back