QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

My tips.
Dry track.
Palm Beach comfortably
Surfers comfortably.
Wet deck.
Same as above but closer margins.

Can any team challenge Broadbeach reserves?
With Vultures n Labradors seniors not playing finals will their reserves be bolstered and be a chance?

What about the Colts, are Western Magpies a shoe in?

Ablett,
Broady have massive injuries, apart from the 3 from last week, we also have lost Mcguane and Chadwick to injury . Have got Mcmahon back , 3 Suns academy players come in and 2 up from the reserves. And Palm Beach look very strong with some good players coming in from injury ... so my heart says Broady to win ,, be it by 1 point , but my mind says Palmy to win by some 20 plus points .
Sundays game ,, well Morningside have 2 guns out in Evans and Cameron Reeves , so Im going to tip Surfers by 10 points ,,
So
Some are saying you’ve gone in too top heavy, especially if it’s wet and the ball is on the ground more often

My tips.
Dry track.
Palm Beach comfortably
Surfers comfortably.
Wet deck.
Same as above but closer margins.

Can any team challenge Broadbeach reserves?
With Vultures n Labradors seniors not playing finals will their reserves be bolstered and be a chance?

What about the Colts, are Western Magpies a shoe in?

Ablett,
Broady have massive injuries, apart from the 3 from last week, we also have lost Mcguane and Chadwick to injury . Have got Mcmahon back , 3 Suns academy players come in and 2 up from the reserves. And Palm Beach look very strong with some good players coming in from injury ... so my heart says Broady to win ,, be it by 1 point , but my mind says Palmy to win by some 20 plus points .
Sundays game ,, well Morningside have 2 guns out in Evans and Cameron Reeves , so Im going to tip Surfers by 10 points ,,
So
Some are saying you’ve gone in too top heavy, especially if it’s wet and the ball is on the ground more often

Cats in a big upset at Salk Oval. Undermanned PBC should win but I feel there is a twist coming...

Thanks for stating the obvious but was hoping for an explaination to why you’ve chosen so much height?
Is your logic who wins in the air wins the game?

I’m not selecting the side so couldn’t tell you. Don’t think it’s overly tall though. Could possibly stretch them down back with the inclusion of big Caleb graham.

I wouldn’t go saying we are slow though, still have genuine speed. Quick ball movement and run has been the strength the past 2 years hasn’t it not?

I’m not selecting the side so couldn’t tell you. Don’t think it’s overly tall though. Could possibly stretch them down back with the inclusion of big Caleb graham.

I wouldn’t go saying we are slow though, still have genuine speed. Quick ball movement and run has been the strength the past 2 years hasn’t it not?

Yes, but Surfers beat you at your own game a few weeks ago on your home deck which must be a tad concerning.
It’s your grand final to lose wouldn’t you agree.

Don’t think a grand final is ever anyone’s to lose. Just need 22 players on the day to all contribute for 4 quarters

Great win by palmy in the wet today. Broady couldn’t close that 3/4 goal margin all game. Very scrappy but enjoying to watch in a final

Don’t think a grand final is ever anyone’s to lose. Just need 22 players on the day to all contribute for 4 quarters

Great win by palmy in the wet today. Broady couldn’t close that 3/4 goal margin all game. Very scrappy but enjoying to watch in a final

Dezario,
yes Palmy to good all across the field ,and for the 3rd time this year Broady have given them a 3 to 4 goal at quarter time where we have matched them for the next 3 quarters but not able to peg that lead back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett... where are you ..... After all your asking me , be it I dont rate Surfers ,, so I go and finally tip them to beat the Panthers today ,, and Murphys law,, they loose .... lol.

Ablett... where are you ..... After all your asking me , be it I dont rate Surfers ,, so I go and finally tip them to beat the Panthers today ,, and Murphys law,, they loose .... lol.

Panthers got the sit in the first quarter and whilst Surfers got within 8 points in the final quarter , really they did not look like winning . Panthers had them covered . Great crowd as well ,, about 1200 I reckon , and a big contingent of Surfers supporters made the trip up the M1.

Good game. Surfers lacked the composure in the last to deliver the knockout blow. They were absolutely dominating, but kept pumping it inside 50 to nobody, you can't do that with Beck running around back there - geez he's a good player.

Broady could be in trouble here with all those injuries against a Siders outfit hitting form.

Good game. Surfers lacked the composure in the last to deliver the knockout blow. They were absolutely dominating, but kept pumping it inside 50 to nobody, you can't do that with Beck running around back there - geez he's a good player.

Broady could be in trouble here with all those injuries against a Siders outfit hitting form.

Cats will win

once your senior side goes out, makes it hard for Reserves as training standards drop and you may lose a few players due to eligibilty.

PBC doing well in 3 grades for 2 reasons

1. they have a good list
2. no eligibility rules impact any selection

Notice Broadbeach colts out in straight sets and Mt Gravatt reserves out in straight sets. Thoughts

I watched Broadbeach Colts go around yesterday v Grange, they were very ordinary and never in it after quarter-time.

If that game proved one thing it's that a coach absolutely baking his team at half-time rarely produces the desired result.

Not sure who coaches the Broady Colts, but his half-time spray yesterday was one of the longest, loudest and most aggressive I've ever heard and yet his players barely responded . They were only 4 goals down at the break, maybe some tactical changes and positivity would have produced a better outcome?

Good effort by a young Grange team though, certainly not impossible for them to get over PBC this weekend.

Surprised by the result to be honest, maybe Surfers ran out of gas after a big 4/5 weeks.

Can Morningside take upto Broadbeach, was only a few weeks ago they were convincingly beaten by a team with no bench, would take a big turn around but anything is possible in finals.

they were 13-1 and lost their last 2 going into finals pretty comfortably, then straight sets.

So they finished with 4 straight losses.

PBC the reserves surprise packet, suspect they have a few blokes playing that wouldn't be qualified if their seniors weren't still live - but thats the benefit of a strong list and they have every right to play whoever they like. Some big guns coming back into their 1's naturally pushes blokes down.

Vultures reserves actually beat palmy in the last home and away round so they went into finals with a win.

But agree that if all teams (colts, 2’s and 1’s) play on the same weekend it can significantly strengthen the teams.

I think panthers will play better at suburu oval this weekend than they did last time but believe cats will win by 2-3 goals on the big ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back