Preview Qualifying Final 1, 2021 - Melbourne Demons vs Brisbane Lions @Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fages also mentioned last night on AFL360 he expects the preliminary finals to be played in Perth. That's what makes most sense to him.

Hope it's not the case (if we do earn the right to host one, if not then I don't care lol).
Just to jump in on this, can confirm Brisbane will be allowed to host a Prelim at the GABBA if they earn it. Same as Port at AO.

The WA/QLD border is scheduled to be fully open in a week and a bit (once we hit 28 days of no community cases, right now we’re at 20) so the winning PF team will be able to fly straight into Perth without quarantining. Also means QLD fans will be allowed to fly over and attend the Grand Final if Brisbane makes it.

Although should note if there’s any community cases of covid in the next 2 weeks, the WA/QLD border won’t change and the game would be relocated.

I'm surprisingly confident about our chances tomorrow night, the disappointment of the last 2 finals exits will spur on our boys, expecting our pressure and intensity to be as good as it has ever been under Fagan.

I think Jarrod Berry will be an important factor, expecting him to drive Petracca/Oliver mad.

I'm sure **** will have a cunning plan in place to negate Lever's intercept marks.

Not expecting Fullarton to do much rucking if any at all against Gawn, not sure what Gawn's TOG % is but the Big O will go head to head all game IMO.

Also expecting Birchall to lift and bite off a few corridor laser like kicks, I think one of the Demons small forwards will be set a job on Richy.

Our 2 younger mid guns in Bailey and McCluggage to play blinders.
TOG
Gawn: Average for the year 89.95%, Team rank 4, Last 5 being 87%(R22), 78, 96, 83, 89
Big O: Average for the year 81.57%, Team rank 13, Last 5 being 90%(R22), 77, 79, 82, 82

Oscar looked pretty buggered by the end last week.
Think he may drop back to around 85/86% which is good enough for a number 1 ruck

If we win tomorrow, does that possibly mean having a couple of weekends rest? Not sure that would be ideal.

If we win tomorrow, does that possibly mean having a couple of weekends rest? Not sure that would be ideal.
With no bye one weekend's rest would be ideal.

We lost the prelim last year because we got completely outplayed . I think the excuse that we had too many weeks off is a lame excuse when you get belted.

Yeh, the Cats did an all time Greg Norman choke, they had the Deees on toast, but went to sleep, even in last minute they could have held on, they just blew it. I hope ur lads can beat the toffy Deees, cant stand their toff snow field fans. I reckon u can do it, heck even my mob beat em, with a bunch of kids, some weeks ago, hold Gawn and Petracca, Oliver, as we did, and your half way home. Also, my mum and nana were huge Fitzroy fans, they loved their Royboys, so i have a sentimental attachment to the Lions, and i think u can do it, because you have served your apprenticeship, made finals but lost in recent seasons, now your battle hardened, this is your big chance, your window, so just bloody go for it. Hope u beat the buggers, my tip is Lions by 19 points, if u can contain Gawn, he is the key, you must hold him. Goodluck Lions!
Plonker !!! The Pies played their Grand Final on Queen's Birthday but since then have reverted to normal Collingwood standards ! No one is taking any advice from anyone associated with Collingwood, especially not from the fans !!

Plonker !!! The Pies played their Grand Final on Queen's Birthday but since then have reverted to normal Collingwood standards ! No one is taking any advice from anyone associated with Collingwood, especially not from the fans !!

Thank you for coming onto our board to fight with a Collingwood fan. Awesome post.

We don't need petty s**t fights on board. Move on.

Actually that is only for the melbourne team. Lions will be able to go outside of the hotel after they have passed their negative covid test on arrival. At least that was what a lions player mentioned to me at my local coffee shop this morning. Could be mistaken

All melbourne teams are in a hard hotel lockdown though.
Makes more sense!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well whatever, pardon me for just trying to be helpful and offer a bit of friendly advice, did i have a poke at the Lions, so why have a poke at my team, if thats ur juvenile attitude, when i was just advising how to beat Melbourne, in a friendly manner, then thats your loss, obviously the fact my mother an nana were Lions fans went over ur head, but whatever, if you that petty and arrogant, then damn it, if the Dees get up then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back