Shield Queensland vs South Australia, Ian Healy Oval, 23-26 March, 11 AM AEDT

Will Queensland have a spot in the final after this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Queensland Squad: Xavier Bartlett, Joe Burns, Brendan Doggett, Usman Khawaja, Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Matthew Renshaw, Billy Stanlake, Bryce Street, Jack Wildermuth

South Australia Squad: Wes Agar, Alex Carey, David Grant, Travis Head, Henry Hunt, Sam Kerber, Jake Lehmann, Joe Medew-Ewen, Harry Nielsen, Liam Scott, Jake Weatherald, Nick Winter, Daniel Worrrall

Possible sides:

Qld:

Bryce Street
Joe Burns
Marnus Labuschagne
Usman Khawaja (c)
Matthew Renshaw
Jimmy Peirson (+)
Jack Wildermuth
Michael Neser
Xavier Bartlett
Matthew Kuhnemann
Brendan Doggett

SA:

Henry Hunt
Jake Weatherald
Liam Scott
Travis Head (c)
Alex Carey (+)
Harry Nielsen
Jake Lehmann
Nick Winter
Daniel Worrall
David Grant
Joe Medew-Ewen

Play abandoned again, due to a wet outfield. Obviously still doesn't drain that well toml
Don't think many suburban grounds around the country would be able to deal with the amount of rain we have had in the past 4 days to be fair, only stopped raining in the early hours of this morning.

Are Queensland better off just batting the 100 overs for the bonus points and then trying to get as many bowling bonus points as possible and taking the draw or are they better off creating some sort of manufactured chase (through declarations/forfeited innings) to go for the 6 points for the win?

I assume SA would be up for a manufactured chase given they've got nothing to lose for a chance at getting off the 0 wins for the season.

Are Queensland better off just batting the 100 overs for the bonus points and then trying to get as many bowling bonus points as possible and taking the draw or are they better off creating some sort of manufactured chase (through declarations/forfeited innings) to go for the 6 points for the win?

I assume SA would be up for a manufactured chase given they've got nothing to lose for a chance at getting off the 0 wins for the season.
If I were Queensland I'd be chasing bonus points. A draw where they roll SA and get 320 on the board gets them 4 points ahead of NSW.

Inspection at 2pm. What a joke, was part of the Ian Healy Oval redevelopments just turning it in to a lake?

Inspection at 2pm. What a joke, was part of the Ian Healy Oval redevelopments just turning it in to a lake?
It has had 200mls of rain over the last 3 days. That is a hell of a lot.

No play again today.

If they somehow get on tomorrow I'd bowl first if I were Queensland. More chance of getting 10 wickets than 300 runs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And... abandoned without a ball being bowled.

Scheduling Shield games in Qld in March probably not the best idea. Although possibly our best result up there for decades
They didn't really have any other choice

And... abandoned without a ball being bowled.

Scheduling Shield games in Qld in March probably not the best idea. Although possibly our best result up there for decades
Brisbane actually averages more rainfall in Jan and Feb than it does in March.

Back