Preview R11: Changes v Richmond

Predict the free kick count

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coz he doesn’t play for their team and they’d have him in an instant

They forget he was carrying the club on those shoulders during the Walsh tragedy

He was immense
The fact that he cops more flak than Dixon never ceases to amaze me.

Tex drops mark = Lazy, unfit, passed his use by
Dixon drops mark = Competes, Brings the ball to ground

I really hope it's Doedee as Kelly on him worries me. Tommy would do a great job on him too
I'd prefer it the other way around. Lock him down with a hard nosed lock down player, and leave Doedee free to do what he does best.

If Dusty is giving him a bath then we can make the switch later, but for me Bull gets first crack

Surely we're not bringing Hamill back in just to be sub. Doing that would be worse than the decision to drop him in the first place.

Who knows really, but Nicks said this:

"We'll make one change, O'Connor will play in the SANFL - he was our medi-sub last week - and Will Hamill will come in," Senior Coach Matthew Nicks said.

My interpretation of that is that Hamill will play. If he was going to be the sub, Nicks could have said that explicitly.

The answer to that is: NOBODY. Nobody EVER gets Dusty!
Last 2 weeks Brisbane & Giants have played a medium defender that can outmark him and won't be pushed off the ball. Most of his goals forward are from overhead marks so if you can stop that influence you will go along way to reducing his impact. Generally against us he smashes us out of the midfield not forward though

I think Adelaide will be scrutinized by the Umpires even more so this week.

I was meant to be going to the game this week but lockdown and all :(

Think the game being played at the SCG is an advantage for us (as opposed to the G).

I think Adelaide will be scrutinized by the Umpires even more so this week.

I was meant to be going to the game this week but lockdown and all :(

Think the game being played at the SCG is an advantage for us (as opposed to the G).
Only it’s not at the SCG?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have gone in VERY tall with Chol and CCJ coming in. Prestia, Cotchin, Caddy and Bolton also in.

ROC for Hamill our only change. Would hate for Hamill to be sub but it looks that way.

I honestly do not get why you'd recall Hamill, only to have him play as the sub. Mind you, I absolutely do not get any of our decisions involving the sub when Mackay isn't selected for it.

All in all, those are some limp changes.

We beat the top side last week, in a game where we had a consistent team performance across the board, and people are complaining that Hamill comes in as sub? Wow, stretching for things to complain about this week!

Yup, and it's not even a stretch (and you may as well call me out, as I'm the only one complaining after the fact at the point of time... and I've been complaining about this for most of the season).

Playing kids as a sub is just dumb, especially in a rebuild. Either give them a full game in the AFL, or keep them in the SANFL and give them full games there to knock that door down. Sub just achieves nothing, it takes them out of action for a week in the hope they may get 10-20 minutes on the ground.

Last edited:
I honestly do not get why you'd recall Hamill, only to have him play as the sub. Mind you, I absolutely do not get any of our decisions involving the sub when Mackay isn't selected for it.

All in all, those are some limp changes.

not really far off it though. This weekend, my only preferred changes are Mackay and Kelly out for Hamill and Worrell. I can make a case for Kelly remaining though. It's really only selecting Mackay that is mystifying given we're meant to be in a rebuild and he's keeping out Hamill.

Yup, and it's not even a stretch.

Playing kids as a sub is just dumb, especially in a rebuild. Either give them best 22 minutes, or yeet them into the SANFL and give them full games.
Particularly as our kids aren't able to play SANFL beforehand.

Yup, and it's not even a stretch (and you may as well call me out, as I'm the only one complaining after the fact... and I've been complaining about this for most of the season).

Playing kids as a sub is just dumb, especially in a rebuild. Either give them best 22 minutes, or yeet them into the SANFL and give them full games.
It’s a stretch, Hamill isn’t struggling from a lack of game time either.

We beat the top side last week, in a game where we had a consistent team performance across the board, and people are complaining that Hamill comes in as sub? Wow, stretching for things to complain about this week!

it's a selection thread. We're off a spoon and heading towards a bottom 3 finish and you're still anchored in the past when we were supposedly contending. Playing Mackay is a terrible sign as to the mindset and selection philosophy of the current group.

Back