Preview R16: Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

PRE-GAME INFORMATION

If anyone is coming to the game,
You are welcome to join the supporters at the Bayswater Hotel at 11AM on Sunday for food, drinks, raffles and auctions. Then we will take the train into Subiaco as a massive supporter group for the game.

The usual prizes available, including banner passes, signed guernseys and balls. All the kids will get a prize.
There will be an auction for a signed framed Cassisi training guernsey as well.

Any extra info, please private message me

Bayswater Hotel is located opposite Bayswater train station, on Railway Parade

CARN POWER!

IMG_4911.JPG

We're gonna die on Sunday, Please west coast have mercy!
View attachment 389602
Oh dear... Looks like you've conceded b4 we've even flown out. Soft as ya like. Have some faith in the boys.

We go over, have a tight contest and finally win a close game.

Last edited:

Oh dear... Looks like you've conceded b4 we've even flown out. Soft as ya like. Have some faith in the boys.

We go over, have a tight contest and finally win a close game.

Yeah this is a crunch game for us and it is time to stand up and make a statement but how often have we said that before only to be disappointed?

We are in the eight but thus far have not shown that we are going to make our mark if we play finals. As supporters we have to remain positive and the players have to take the view that everyone will write us off and we have nothing to lose by standing up for our Club.

Stand up and make a statement time fellas. GO PORT

We should be able to win this but it's a real coin toss on form. Home ground advantage to West Coast I fear. Hopefully Chokito & friends can rev up the boys enough for a stirring victory!

Line ball may be correct. The bookmakers have this game very close (WCE 1.80 v PAFC 2.05). Perhaps they know something we don't?

PRE-GAME INFORMATION

If anyone is coming to the game,
You are welcome to join the supporters at the Bayswater Hotel at 11AM on Sunday for food, drinks, raffles and auctions. Then we will take the train into Subiaco as a massive supporter group for the game.

The usual prizes available, including banner passes, signed guernseys and balls. All the kids will get a prize.
There will be an auction for a signed framed Cassisi training guernsey as well.

Any extra info, please private message me

Bayswater Hotel is located opposite Bayswater train station, on Railway Parade

CARN POWER!

View attachment 389600

I'll see you there. Camping at Dwellingup this weekend (farken cold) and driving back Sunday for the game.

Just for once I would like to go to a winning game at Subi.

We should be able to win this but it's a real coin toss on form. Home ground advantage to West Coast I fear. Hopefully Chokito & friends can rev up the boys enough for a stirring victory!
Maybe Chokito can tell them 'they are all just salty'?

Seemed to work revving everyone uupo around here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I will be away with probably no access to a telly so this will be only the third game ever in the AFL I won't be watching as it happens.
I think we'll win. The catastrophic melts in the selections threads also gives me great hope. Last week was pure contentment and look what happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another just win game after the previous weeks loss.

I dont care how its done. A low scoring scrap or a high scoring goal fest.

Finish in front on the scoreboard. The only stat that matters.

Last edited:
No expectation for Port to win.
Port by 60 points.

Westhoff to kick goal of the year by tripping over the ball in the goal square. Doing a forward somersault and the ball rolling onto his shin then through the goals.

Be careful to what your wishing for....

After losing the last 3 to them all at home, it'd be funny if we went over to Perth and beat them.

In fact, the home team has not won a Port Adelaide-West Coast match since 2013
Prediction: if we lose to the Eagles, we'll belt North next week. If we beat the Eagles, we'll lose to North.

Getting pretty excited about this game, hoping to see Hartlett continue his very good form from last week. I know he usually lifts against Richmond but I have a good feeling about Hamish.

Listening to Matty White's presser it really is a great story. He basically said that every game could be his last, and he loves every game he plays. He has been a fantastic player for us, and I'm backing him in to be important for us for the remainder of this year.

I think it will take a lot of work for our attack to improve, which means simply changing personnel isn't likely to fix much for more than a game or two. The good news is that we have apparently been working on it for some weeks now, while still maintaining a strong game in other areas. Does that mean we will turn the corner this week? Maybe, maybe not.

If we can recapture the god mode form we've had in the past for even 5 minutes a game we could be an amazing side. I'm not sure we will see that this year, but if we are patient we might see this side become very special.

Prediction: if we lose to the Eagles, we'll belt North next week. If we beat the Eagles, we'll lose to North.

If we lose to North this year, we need to pack up and go home.

Listening to Matty White's presser it really is a great story. He basically said that every game could be his last, and he loves every game he plays. He has been a fantastic player for us, and I'm backing him in to be important for us for the remainder of this year.

He's got a great attitude, I can see why Ken really likes him.

Not really. We went 4-8 at home last year compared to 6-4 on the road. This year we are 4-3 on the road and 4-3 at home. We have no significant home ground advantage to speak of and generally play pretty well on the road (presumably because the pressure is off).

It honestly feels like we are the only team to not get home ground advantage from the umps (which is what home ground advantage really is). Perhaps it is a reflection of the nature of the crowds and them being too quiet if we aren't winning?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's because we've been playing like ******* balls at home.
No one wants to cheer when we are playing bullshit football. And why should they?
Win your own fans over with the a style and intent on the footy that shows we actually give a *.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back