Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fibre to the premise is three times more expensive than to the node, so it is quite remarkable how even with that fact, the Libs have managed to still spend more on this amateur network than Labor would've. It's actually quite impressive.

Wait till you see our wonderful Submarines, or Fighters that don’t work in the rain.

Wait till you see our wonderful Submarines, or Fighters that don’t work in the rain.

Politicians shouldn't be allowed to touch anything. The only thing that they do well is steal our money or give it away on idiotic projects.

We go through life with fixed and rigid thinking.
Sometimes fortune shines upon us and we experience an epiphany.
“A lightbulb moment.”
“When the penny drops.”
Where our previous rigid thinking falls away, and we can see an issue from another and completely different perspective.
I had the good fortune to experience such a moment this morning.

It truly is a wonderful sensation.

He said other companies that have switched have lost access for weeks as well. It's so ridiculously bad.
My job was to provision these changeovers for people. Our sales guys would talk small businesses into signing up on the NBN with us, and the sheer amount of complaints we received from service dropouts or delays in installation or some other reason that messed up their changeover was one of the main reasons I actually quit that job a couple of years ago. I felt so bad for these poor SMB's that were coming over thinking it was a better service and even some of the sales guys left because of it too.

The amount of complaints and blame put on us was seriously stressful and none of our own doing.

Since when is the internet in the states worse than here.

I must have lived, worked and travelled around a completely different country.

I worked in the artic circle in some remote locations and their internet was better than a lot of the older suburbs in Perth.

The subs aren’t the bad deal they’re portrayed to be, that cost is for their entire lifetime of repairs too, not just what it costs to build.
Should have built them ourselves, though.

Yeah, lot of scaremongering with subs over here, I'm more iffy on the RAAF purchases though, as it's more maybe looking at say Iran and a hodgepodge instance than actually making decisions on what might suit us in the skies for our location.

I mean, we're a vast country in comparison, and some of our aircraft is interesting to say the least.

Yeah, lot of scaremongering with subs over here, I'm more iffy on the RAAF purchases though, as it's more maybe looking at say Iran and a hodgepodge instance than actually making decisions on what might suit us in the skies for our location.

I mean, we're a vast country in comparison, and some of our aircraft is interesting to say the least.

The fighter project is huge lemon that we've spent so much on that we can't back out. Those French subs make the Collins class look like a success story. To be fair we buy most of our defence crap from the US as a kind of arrangement like a mafia protection racket where if we don't buy their refuse they won't look after us if we piss off the Chinese with our bumbling diplomacy.

Since when is the internet in the states worse than here.

I must have lived, worked and travelled around a completely different country.

I worked in the artic circle in some remote locations and their internet was better than a lot of the older suburbs in Perth.

The States are Big.
It has good areas and bad areas.
Do you suggest they all have fiber to the house? What "technology" do you suggest they are using.
Parts of Winsconsin for example only just got fiber, they had metered satellite until recently.

Last edited:
Usman killed it
Such an incredible knockout mate. Wow. Feel bad for Jorge too, 50 fights and never won a title. Could be his last shot at it too.

Did you see Weidman?

The States are Big.
It has good areas and bad areas.
Do you suggest they all have fiber to the house? What "technology" do you suggest they are using.
Parts of Winsconsin for example only just got fiber, they had metered satellite until recently.
They've laid a looooootttttt of cable through north America. Huge amount of MANs driven through companies like cable television.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he’s tough to didn’t think that would be the result. Props to usman though building to be one of top fighters ever.

Nah missed it but saw the replay insane!!
It was one of those knockouts you seen in the movies. Spit flying out, guy absolutely went to sleep lol.

Yeah Weidman's injury was one of the worst breaks I've seen.

It was one of those knockouts you seen in the movies. Spit flying out, guy absolutely went to sleep lol.

Yeah Weidman's injury was one of the worst breaks I've seen.
I watched the replay knowing something happened, but not what happened.

The "snap" sound took me by surprise. That was sickening. I saw Ben Askren post on Twitter that out of 3 leg snaps in the UFC, Weidman has been involved in 2 of them. Nasty.

Anyone know of a bike app that you can use to plan a journey on bike trails in advance and then follow turn by turn instructions?

I'm just going back and forth on the Djerring Trail trying to go a bit further each time but it would be good to mix it up a bit.

Only thing is there are so many trails and connections on to different trails and I don't want to have to keep looking at my phone to check where I am / where I am going.
Hey Roddy
Found these on YouTube

If you watch the second video from 50mins onward it will show you the ride from Yarraman Station to Carrum, or you could cross the rail bridge and ride along the Eastlink trail towards Ringwood.

There are heaps of videos of bike trails in Melbourne, so worth a look

Storm are just a machine. Bellyache sets such a high standard and anyone that doesn’t meet it gets held accountable. Could use some of that at the saints
Anyone that doesn’t meet his standards gets shown the door , no ifs no buts

I’ll ask here because it’s probably more relevant here:
Who is the best James Bond and why is it Sean Connery?

I’ll ask here because it’s probably more relevant here:
Who is the best James Bond and why is it Sean Connery?

Because the only one who came close is a midget body builder. The rest were dapper fancy boi's more like John Steed than James Bond.

Then there was George Lazenby.

Anyone that doesn’t meet his standards gets shown the door , no ifs no buts
My new boss played under 16's in the Storm team and reckons hes every bit as hard as he looks - any instance of figjam in the players is smacked ouot of them. Its all about process and systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back