Harry: Great! They yours?
Beth: Uh-huh.
Harry: Both of 'em?
Beth: Yes.
Harry: Ah... cool!

Lloyd: You're it.
Harry: You're it.
Lloyd: You're it, quitsies!
Harry: Anti-quitsies, you're it, quitsies, no anti-quitsies, no startsies!
Lloyd: You can't do that!
Harry: Can too!
Lloyd: Cannot, stamp it!
Harry: Can too, double stamp it, no erasies!
Lloyd: Cannot, triple stamp, no erasies, Touch blue make it true.
Harry: No, you can't do that... you can't triple stamp a double stamp, you can't triple stamp a double stamp! Lloyd!
Lloyd: [hands over ears] LA LA LA LA LA LA!

one of my favourite movies of all time, watched it last week after about 4 years, and funniest s**t ever, so stupid but absolutely hilarious!!

My favourite comedy of all time.

Possibly my favourite movie of all time.

I've seen it so many times yet it's still funny.

yep, agreed :thumbsu:

so many funny scenes

cant believe nobody's mentioned the part where Jeff Daniels has 2pairs of gloves when they're freezing their asses off

Ha i still have that on Video. Havent Seen it a long time but.

what about the blind kid?
"Pretty bird. Can you say pretty bird? Pretty bird".

What about the note they leave on their apartment door , it starts of with Dear Gas Man:), and has like a smilely face on it haha ..

Hey wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world???
arughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hahahahahahahha that bit is awesome:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw trailers when it first came out
Annnnnd that was enough
Tbh I don't find Carey funny
Neither do i. But dumb and dumber is a pretty funny movie none the less

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still one of my all time favourites. My younger brother and myself aren't as close as I am with my other siblings, but we used to watch this absolutely flat out. Still quote it to bits whenever we catch up. The most quoted movie between a lot of my mates actually.

Have recently seen a different version to which I grew up with, I'm not sure if it's the directors cut or not but it has extra scenes in it. Was a bit weird watching that, just didn't have the same vibe as none of those scenes were very funny at all.

Still one of my all time favourites. My younger brother and myself aren't as close as I am with my other siblings, but we used to watch this absolutely flat out. Still quote it to bits whenever we catch up. The most quoted movie between a lot of my mates actually.

Have recently seen a different version to which I grew up with, I'm not sure if it's the directors cut or not but it has extra scenes in it. Was a bit weird watching that, just didn't have the same vibe as none of those scenes were very funny at all.
I think it's the "Unrated" version. Adds in some scenes that were removed to make it fit the PG rating. Like you said though, most aren't funny, and from memory it also removes the "Little old lady!" bit for some weird reason and just cuts straight to Lloyd getting home and saying he was robbed. It's definitely the worse version.

Not really a comedy fan but love this movie. The police officer's face when he realises he's drinking urine.

"Tic Tac sir?"

:D

giphy.gif

I was about to post the same thing re directors cut... so much funnier. Like you said, the one they show on TV now has more scenes (not for the better), different vibe.

Lloyd: Ta... ta he...
Harry: The

How can you not love this movie?

Greatest.Movie.Ever

Lloyd: We got no food, no jobs... our PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

Lloyd: Mary... I desperately wanna make love to a school boy.

Lloyd: That's a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?
Lady at bus stop: Austria.
Lloyd: Austria! Well, then. G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!
Lady at bus stop: Let's not.

Harry: Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

Harry: One time, we successfully mated a bulldog with a Shih-Tzu.
Mary: Really? That's strange.
Harry: Yeah, we called it a bullshit.

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

Mary: So you'll pick me up tonight at seven forty-five?
Harry: Well I got a few things to take care of. So how about we make it quarter to eight?

State Trooper: Pullover!
Harry: No, it's a cardigan but thanks for noticing.
Lloyd: Yeah, killer boots man!

Beth: I'm gonna give you my number. Let's see if I can find it...
Harry: Great!
[Notices his left leg is on fire]
Harry: Ha!
Beth: Okay. I know I left it in here somewhere.
Harry: [Stomping his left leg] Look! Why don't you just tell it to me! I have a really good memory!
Beth: Well, the number is 555-...
[Harry repeats it almost silently]
Beth: ... -905 - . Oh wait! That's my aunt's number. That is so weird how your mind just goes blank...
Harry: [Gets impatient, still trying to stomp the fire out] FOR GOD'S SAKE! JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN NUMBER!
Beth: [Looks at Harry appalled] Okay. Look guy! Your gonna get pushy, FORGET about it!
[Beth drives off, and Harry stomps away to the bathroom to put the fire out]

:D Ahh so many memories.

Discuss....

That was great, thanks. Lots of people have a go at this movie, but it made me belly laugh on many occasions
hilarious, and those two just pulled it off brilliantly.

The touring girls, on the bus at the end.....faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiir Dinkum?

Just watched that version for the first time, yeah pretty much everything added just detracts from an already perfect movie. Thankfully I still have the original one on DVD.

I was about to post the same thing re directors cut... so much funnier. Like you said, the one they show on TV now has more scenes (not for the better), different vibe.

Lloyd: Ta... ta he...
Harry: The

Yeah I have it on DVD- you have to watch that version, the one on TV is terrible!!! The scene with the guy coming into the toilet with Carrey in it, is just dumb, goes too far and is not funny in the slightest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back