Rating Noble and Rendell in Trade Week '11

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to think rationally about it all right now. All the blood in my head has been drawn to my raging old boy for Crouch. We have not had access to an elite youngster like Crouch for years.

I don't rate Johnston or Lynch highly, but I think given a chance, they could work out well and we didn't overpay for either.

I know now Armstrong has gone to Sydney he will bite us on the arse, but we'll probably just have to accept that Sydney always seem to get the best out of their players acquired through trade.

Loved the tap work I've seen for Jenkins, that was safely a win.

Not sure how I feel about Brown, some excellent assets but a lot of rough edges. Kind of a quirky player.

I think I'll be annoyed for years about Gunston, but the club has done quite well to compensate.

Will extrapolate my thoughts further in the coming weeks.

Not too much really. Was only quick interview. Just talked about his junior teams, school footy and saying how he'll do yr12 in Victoria but play SANFL when he can

He actually said he was a young year 12 and doing it currently. He'll be finished with school this year.

Not too much really. Was only quick interview. Just talked about his junior teams, school footy and saying how he'll do yr12 in Victoria but play SANFL when he can

Cheers for that! My other question is whether he seemed excited about joining the MIGHTY ADELAIDE CROWS?!!

Way too early to tell for you guys.

Lots of talent coming in but no known AFL performers. If they all live up to their potential you will be stars if none of them make it you could come out looking like Crazy Vossy.

The truth will probably be somewhere in between.

Pretty much agree with this.

We know we aint gonna win a flag in the next two seasons, so traded accordingly. Adding Crouch, who will be AFL ready in 2013 is a big indication we are planning for the future.

Sando says will will spike next year, meaning make finals. But the real success/failure behind the club's planning is in 2014 and beyond.

Cheers for that! My other question is whether he seemed excited about joining the MIGHTY ADELAIDE CROWS?!!

One thing I took from that interview is that Danger is 100% committed to our club for the long haul.

He was one of the reasons Crouch was keen on coming over. Crouch sat with him and Sando at the Geelong Prelim and Danger talked up our club and how things are going.

Also Crouch sounds like a bit of a man child.

Think they have done really well all be it very speculative but in particular the Johnston was a great get and hope can be player all thought was going to be .
Would have liked a crumbing quick forward but wait to see what they do about that.
Now we kept Tippett hope taught how to be a proper Forward .
Think Crows might be looking at picking up Lions Brock McCauley in PSD to add to rucks. Also agree with previous poster if discard Cook -- Sellar and Symes they will show me very serious about the future

He is finishing year 12 this year. He moves permanetly to Adelaide after his exams which finish on the 19th of November.

TBH I'm probably the least keen on the Johnston trade, real bust potential but we didn't give up too much to get him so meh. Hope he proves me wrong and becomes a good player for our club but I have a feeling that we might have trouble getting him out of the medical room, just a hunch.

On the surface it's a pretty impressive trade week in my eyes, but can't really be judged for a few years.

A-

It is impossible to properly judge now but I like the fact that we are building a group of blokes around the same age. I am very very happy the club went all out to recruit elite talent rather than pick up recycled 26 year olds who's best was behind them. I look forward to hearing the truth about what really happened with Kurt.

B+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've done very well this week.

Very rarely have we ever been in the situation to pick up a player of Crouch's reputation and promise so for that alone I'm wrapped but also getting Brown and Johnston is a bonus.

Can't comment on Lynch Jenkins as I know very little about them.

Considering it's touted as a crap draft, there's no way we would have picked up players like this with the picks we used IMO (Crouch and Brown and Johnston in particular).

I rate them as a straight A for their weeks work.

Pretty sure it's November. I heard the TWR interview and he said he'd be moving here after then and playing SANFL next year. He sounded pretty pumped to have the opportunity to develop at an AFL club for a year before the rest of his draft class.

AFC.com said:
Crouch will complete his Year 12 studies and exams at St Patrick’s College before moving to Adelaide on a full-time basis in late-November.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/125204/default.aspx

As for an overall grade. I'd day a high credit/low distinction. I think the only area they lost out on was the Gunston deal, so IMO that would bring it down to anywhere between 80 and 85% out of 100.

He was one of the reasons Crouch was keen on coming over. Crouch sat with him and Sando at the Geelong Prelim and Danger talked up our club and how things are going.

Almost gives the impression this MD deal was done weeks ago if he was sitting with Sando & Danger at the Prelim ??

Anybody listening to 5AA, that was me correcting them earlier regarding what happened with the Gunston pick, I could tell they were struggling to work out what happened with it exactly. Won myself a $50 Trims voucher too, nice new pair of jeans I think.:)

Feel as if there's a Rivers joke here somewhere;)

My preference was for Tippett to stay unless we got an outrageously good deal, so he doesn't come into my rating.

Given the starting point of players leaving and nominating the clubs of their choice, we have theoretically done very very well.

We won't really know fo sure for a year or so, depending on how Lynch and Johnson measure up

The snaffling of Couch and Brown was inspirational!! :thumbsu:

Has to be somewhere between a B+ to an A-, IMO.

Spot on with the A-/B+ I believe the club did very well, the only disappointing point was the Gunston deal.

It is impossible to properly judge now but I like the fact that we are building a group of blokes around the same age. I am very very happy the club went all out to recruit elite talent rather than pick up recycled 26 year olds who's best was behind them. I look forward to hearing the truth about what really happened with Kurt.

B+
We have heard the truth about Kurt. Was never on the trade table, loves it in Adelaide and at the AFC, and we back ourselves to keep him beyond next season. I think that should be the last we hear of it until after next season, but I know that's wishful thinking.:(

i thought we did very well given the circumstances. we had 3 guys who wanted away, and we replaced them all with almost like for like replacements. im not fussed about draft picks (especially if we manage to snared a slider with out first pick). would have liked to get a bit more for gunston but johnston will hopefully do well. overall im happy and dont feel we could have done much better.

Lynch and Johnstone have made little impact since they were drafted. I hope they are better performers than Watts and Meesen. Fingers crossed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back