Not-a-cluey Ratten to GWS as an assistant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

PINNACLE HEALTH

All Australian
Feb 17, 2007
bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not starting a rumour , just something that came to mind that may happen.

Silvagni is heavily invovled at GWS whom is mates with Ratten & now that Chocco Williams has departed to Richmond GWS are on the hunt for an assistant/developer.

It might be a good fit?

Silvagni is heavily invovled at GWS whom is mates with Ratten & now that Chocco Williams has departed to Richmond GWS are on the hunt for an assistant/developer.

It might be a good fit?

Well they'll need to get someone to do the match day coaching, who else is on the market?

If I was Ratten, this is absolutely what I'd do. The GWS senior coaching position will be the most coveted when Sheeds is finished, which you would suggest is the end of next year. Proper resources, great kids, they're all signed up, solid playing-assistant system that they've set up, and the AFL at your back all the time.

Port is a mammoth task.

I'm not starting a rumour...but let me create and circulate information that is not based on fact. :rolleyes:

I'm not starting a rumour, but I'm just asking if this is a possibility and not presenting it as a fact in any way, shape, or form.

Don't see any problem with the OP's work here.

It might be a good fit?

mal-what.gif

Such a move has been discussed a bit in talk-back & I like the idea as it will allow Rat's to get out of the spotlight for a year or 2 & keeps his hand in the game.

Taking over Port would mean pressure is on from day dot & that might not be what he needs right now.

If I was Ratten, this is absolutely what I'd do. The GWS senior coaching position will be the most coveted when Sheeds is finished, which you would suggest is the end of next year. Proper resources, great kids, they're all signed up, solid playing-assistant system that they've set up, and the AFL at your back all the time.

Despite only being their second year, Bluey has copped a fair bit of heat this year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be a good fit?
He will get a gig somewhere.

I guess an option may be to come West, if Burns leaves WCE, then it may be an opportunity for him to get out of the spotlight in Melbourne. Did him and Woosha work together at Carlton?

It might be a good fit?

Cheerleading assistant maybe.

I'm not entirely certain why any team would want him. He's good at press conferences after being sacked, but what else? I'm sure GWS and Port will pretend to be interested though.
I actually would of thought the opposite. The baord screwed him over with the help of the media. He's done a better job than a number of coaches still in a job and a better job than a couple of assistants who got picked up after being sacked last season in Craig and Harvey.

Would be a very handy pick up for any club and I'm willing to bet that more than GWS will be talking to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back