Autopsy Rd 10 Comeback aborted - Blues go down by 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want some clarification from someone who perhaps understands the rules... We let 2 goals in from goal line errors - Weits not knocking it through and macreadie missing a handball off the goal line - would either have been penalised for conceding a point?

Think Harrison thought he'd get pinned, Weitering was an amazing stuff up could have marked that.

The pleasing aspect of today's game is that the north supporters around us actually think their on the right track with their list.They are in my opinion in no mans land.Slow midfield,terrible backline and no real stars emerging.Brown is a solid forward,wood is inconsistent,Goldstein is a shadow,Cunnington is a good inside I can go on and on but the whole team is grey.Yes we lost but we are miles in front of them with emerging stars not just good players there is a huge difference.
Hence why they are looking to make big plays on Kelly and Martin. Hard to see them getting both but if they did it would propel them.

Many people have been negative towards him on him here. People were even negative towards the likes of Charlie Curnow in his first few games. Crazy.

It wasn't negativity, it was conjecture. He didn't have a strong pre-season and still had a few question marks over his production. Subsequently he worked really hard at VFL level, has been rewarded and has looked very comfortable at AFL level.

To me that's a perfect result.

RE: Curnow, I certainly thought he was poor in his first few games, which he was. I didn't think he deserved to come straight back in the team just as I felt it was unreasonable that Kerridge got a few easy games at the back end of last year after being injured. Could have gone either way but luckily he's improved his output and had his strongest month of footy to date.

You can have rational discussions about young players without it having some kind of negative slant. At the end of the day we all just want the best for the squad and the way young players are played and developed is a big thing to flesh out, with a lot of angles to consider. I don't see young players playing at VFL level to be an especially bad thing and I like the idea that the current crop are earning their stripes and have a good regard for what it has taken to get them into the AFL team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think we are one tall forward short. Only had Charlie and Levi up forward. I think it's time to add McKay. It's time
Agree with this.
Our backline and midfield are really starting to take shape. So many green shoots today.

Snapped this on the way out. Didn'''t Norf sack this bloke last year?

c2735afe8e147aa81214aad3bae75fa5.jpg

Was a shocking 1st qtr and ultimately cost us the game.

Gotta be happy with the fightback. Kruez was enormous, gibbs very good, docherty very good and cunningham/charlie/williamson very good.

One major issue i had was we were either a goal down or maybe hit the front in the 4th qtr and our setup after a goal was to have not one carlton player in our fwd 50. Was very defenisve and just a stupid setup. Things turned about this time, maybe coincidence.

So many times we could have been out but either made a bad choice of ball movement or made a shocking turnover. My brother supports north and kept making that point, we kept shooing ourselves in the foot when we had them on the ropes.

Lastly, williamsons one handed mark was a ripper and that would have been an awesom goal.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

When we get really defensive and flood ba

That is so frustrating. I see opposition players throw it week after week and always get away with it.
And then those yellow maggots have the gall to ping our players for throwing it

I notice this so much today. I'm not sure if i just miss ours but they threw it a lot today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back