No Jezza
No Stanley

No hope??!! Not anymore.

Add Neale
Add Bruhn
Add Conway
Add Bowes.

This is the new breed.

Lots of opportunity and chances here. The result will be what it is... I just want to see chances taken when then arrive.
Be competitive and play like it means something. Show flashes of the skill and ability that got them this far. Sure, If Neale kicks 7 then great but id be happy with 2 and a team first competitive presentation all day long.

Bowes will want to show the GC what he's really made of.
Conway will be ready - but even if he only goes 3/4 im fine with it. Its bigger picture for him IMO.
And Bruhn will just go like he normally does.

Dont be cute in the sweat fest - no need to push the low % options when the ball is that slippery.
Win the position game and make it hard to defend repeat F50 entries. Lower the eyes as we'll be different look. Neale, OH, Rohan all lead and mark well. :Use it.

Gold Coast are no joke - and when they get their tails up will run over us. They've done it before to us and are a better side now.
They are off a 5 day break and rotating players for it - but it doesnt really weaken them. They will come as we are still the hunted.

Lets get the new breed and net gen of Cats on show and a win up in the sweat box of Darwin.

GO Catters

We need big games from our remaining veterans.

Blicavs was good in the ruck last week. As a mobile ruck rather than a not so mobile midfielder, it might give us more of an edge. A Conway/Blicavs partnership, where Blitz still plugs into mid/wing a bit (but not primarily) is something I'm keen for us to explore.

Cam Guthrie was great at half back in his return against the Blues. Since then, despite being decent for raw clearance numbers he hasn't had too much influence in midfield. We either need him to find his best footy in midfield or consider using him as a classy rebounding half back.

A Rohan cameo of some lively moments on transition and a few goals, with us lacking our key forwards, wouldn't go astray.

Last of the veteran group is Stewart. He's had his moments in his two return games, but a return to the outstanding intercepting defender he was before his injury would be a big boost. Zuthrie and Holmes are in dynamite form so if Stewart can join them we can withstand a lot of pressure from their midfield and slingshot it the other way.

We're going to rely on our kids and prime aged players a lot in this one but 4 seriously good games from the veterans above will act as the foundation for them to build around.

2) Some trademark Shannon Neale OTT goal celebrations.
Absolutely frothing at the mouth to see the big lanky beanstalk brigade running around out there tonight.

Expecting Shannon Neale to give the hostile Darwin crowd a few of these.

oxsUjP6.gif

Absolutely frothing at the mouth to see the big lanky beanstalk brigade running around out there tonight.

oxsUjP6.gif
WTF is it with that w***er Cox Gif ? 👎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hopeful but not Confident, the midfield has me worried 😟
Says it all about where we're situated that the midfield has to be a genuine concern against basically all comers this season. If we can break even in there, we're a chance against absolutely everyone.

Easier said than done, though.

Not at all confident
Ball will be like handling soap

Apparently the ball will be fine - bigger issue is dealing with sweaty palms

Hopefully they've packed sufficient number of wrist bands

Says it all about where we're situated that the midfield has to be a genuine concern against basically all comers this season. If we can break even in there, we're a chance against absolutely everyone.

Easier said than done, though.
Witts is a massive out for them.
Hopefully Toby can handle Moyle and give our guys first opportunity - that would be a welcome change ;)

Other than Danger, this has to be our prime midfield - Bruhn, Bowes, Clarke, Blitz, Guthrie, Parfitt, Atkins, Mullin, Conway.
I expect a good showing from them tonight!

Like to see them have Mullin in at the center bounces, big body, good pace, worth a try I reckon.

Last edited:
No rain, game time around 30, feels like 34, humidity increase to around 70. Glad it's them and not me.
But within that, a pro Club such as ours must have taken the conditions into account, I do know they've increased the medical contingent. Quite a few cats supporters around up there too.

Even with wholesale changes I expect a win, we're just that bit classier. Go Cats.

oxsUjP6.gif

Ironically, wouldn't be surprised if we have more Cats supporters there than Suns fans in Darwin. The Open Training run proved that, there was heaps of Cats fans there.

Geelong have a big following outside of Victoria, had a huge contingent in SA for Gather Round that it felt like our Home Game vs Doggies and Gabba was packed with Cats fans even in the torrential rain to the point that the last quarter id say we even it up and had just as many Cats fans as Lions fans up in QLD in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back