Game Day Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the conditions are probably playing a large part to some of our efforts tonight, problem is it isn't an isolated game.
We saw this last week, we saw it at times the week before, it's now 3 weeks straight of some ****ing horrible efforts.
I could excuse tonight if it was only tonight, but it isn't.

I know it's a cliche, but these games can be good for forcing change. Not just through dumping a bunch of players (though we have some options worth trying in the VFL) but just how set-up and how our system works.

It's clear that our 7-run streak was a masterclass of coaching and better-than-average form from some otheriwse average players.

Anyway, that's what I'm going with!
We seem to only get goals one way, on the rebound run. Our delivery to and positioning of forwards is often poor. Even in wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently that's an odd comment because they train in QUEENSLAND don't you know, it's now bordering DARWIN. Apparently.
Shoosh! Say stupid things get called out on it.

It’s not just the two weeks that GC has, they train in hot humid conditions all summer as well.

They are having zero issues with the ball and for us it is soap.

This is probably the biggest home advantage in AFL history.
Nope. Can't say that now. It's irrelevant :drunk:
The games we play them at Metricon are similar but less extreme in conditions, been a few pre-season games against them up in Qld with similar outcomes.

A 20th licence based out of Darwin would be a very dangerous proposition. Would make our fortress look like child's play.

I really hope we have given Cam Guthrie the Rhys Stanley treatment of last week

He’s had a terrible night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back