Autopsy Rd 11 Another Blues fade out, another loss

Who played well against the Swans in Round 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst kicking efficiency in the AFL, therein lies the problem.

We cannot play this game style with this list, yet we won’t change anything. The very definition of stupidity

And again a supposed flag challenger is done by a bunch of first year kids.
In the words of the Sex Pistols… No Future

Who said carlton were a flag challenger. Put their names down in your reply so we can assess your credibility

We just have a habbit of giving up easy goals that completely wipes away all the hard work we have done previously. This is a game we should have won the way we dominated large period during the 1st half yet we conceded it without so much as a whimper in the final term.

A lot of that will come down to them being spent from the first half but there is a distinct lack of heart in that final term effort.

Season is completely dead now, time to get stocker into the middle, give us dow and O'Brien for the next 6 weeks to see if they are delist material and give us a good look at guys like Carroll and Honey, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some things to like, some things to hate.

Really hoped Murphy would come onto the ground full of passion and heart. With it being such a hard game the opportunity was there for a fresh player with his knowledge, experience and ability to really transform the game. Bitterly disappointed that he failed to take the bull by the horns.

I hope that isn't rewarded with an upgrade to the match day 22.

Good game to watch. I had given up on the season a few weeks ago so now watch it quite relaxed. It's sort of fun to watch the game and read the comments in the GameDay thread, the ups and downs are amazing

The selections didn't help this game. Playing all of Pitto, TDK and casboult was always a dumb move. Playing Martin was always a dumb move. Martin was pathetic.

Too many passengers today, owies/Martin/Fogerty/JSOS were all ineffective up fwd, casboult offered nothing (although his man did nothing when he was in the backline), Saad was poor, doc was poor

Walsh was down a little, I'm sure he got a heap of it but wasn't amongst the best on ground. Jones was average. Weitering was only ok.

Cripps was really good, H great first half and terrible 2nd half.

Fogerty must be dropped, either casboult or Pitto needs to be dropped, Gibbons out with a hammy.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

We say it a lot, but that game was lost at the selection table.

He's been a great soldier for a long time, but what does Casboult provide for us now? Absolute waste of a spot in the 22.
Sadly, I have to agree. I've been a huge supporter of the big lug, but the time has come.

I was sucked in by Murphy's one quarter of effort last week. Never again. He had all the cards in his favour today. Sat on the bench for 2 1/2 quaters. should have been fresh and keen to stick it to the MC. Did SFA. Lead off with a hack kick off the ground to set the tone. Never again. Sorry Murph. No 300 games for you.

Last edited:
We should never have appointed David Teague without a proper coach search. I hate when clubs appoint interim coaches without a proper coaching search process. People get seduced by a bit of success as interim coach way too much. Much like his footy career...........good first season, then downhill after

I'll repeat the same comments I made weeks ago, Casboult must have photos of the coaching group

Unfathomable he continues to get selected, especially at the SCG of all places.

Will be good to see Teague actually make real changes now that its too late anyway

What a mess, no excuses anymore.

We are and have been the worst club in the afl for a very long time.
20 years of crap. I have forgotten what it felt like to be be confident of winning a game.

No club takes this long to come good, even bumbers are ahead of us.

It's sad to say but not enjoying football at all anymore.

When there is no intent, you don’t win games. They wanted it more than us. Simple as that!
100% correct it’s not the game plan it’s not the coaches or match committee this game was lost by the players for not having the ruthless desire to win and put everything on the line. To many ppl on here want to blame everyone but the players. The players lost this game by picking and choosing when to really run hard defensively which is a common theme within our midfield

Back