Preview Rd 11 Geelong v Adelaide Sat May 28 145 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see why you form that opinion, because his kicking is off at the moment. However despite his rather unorthodox style, kid kicking is usually pretty good. Would be one of the first in the team I would have taking a set shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...he was lethal around goals....then he broke his leg.

People should cut him some slack IMO...he has ability, he's young and has a huge tank. I'm prepared to back him in...

I think you have to reward Neale. Even just a couple of rotations on the ruck when they're using whoever as their backup (I assume Thilthorpe or Walker). I'd tell him to hang around the corridor a bit looking for intercepts and releasing kicks. Do a bit of running through the corridor to press forward or defend.

Out: Dangerfield, Evans

In: Neale, Dahlhaus

Sub Miers

Last edited:
What i would like to see

In: Stanley, Neale
Out: Evans, Danger

What we will probably see

In: Stanley, Narkle (Shouldn't play again unless forced)
Out: Evans, Stephens (yes i have no faith in our coaching choices)

What i would like to see

In: Stanley, Neale
Out: Evans, Danger

What we will probably see

In: Stanley, Narkle (Shouldn't play again unless forced)
Out: Evans, Stephens (yes i have no faith in our coaching choices)

I’d rest Stanley until the bye. But CS always has different ideas and king Chris must know better then anyone!

I think you have to reward Neale. Even just a couple of rotations on the ruck when they're using whoever as their backup (I assume Thilthorpe or Walker). I'd tell him to hang around the corridor a bit looking for intercepts and releasing kicks. Do a bit of running through the corridor to press forward or defend.

Out: Dangerfield, Stanley

In: Neale, Dahlhaus

Sub Miers
Stanley didn't play - so he can't be an out

Give Stanley another week off or until after the bye - rushing him back in when he's not 100% isn't helpful to him or the team, especially if he's repeatedly off the field receiving treatment

Out: Dangerfield
In: Neale

I wasn't that impressed by Evans on Saturday, but wouldn't be opposed to given him a second consecutive game to see if he's more relaxed & how that impacts his game. If it's another repeat of what we saw against Port, then make the change for our clash with the Bulldogs

As for Miers, not sure we're seeing enough of an impact from him with the role he's currently being asked to play - keep him as a small forward playing at the feet of Hawkins & Cameron where he can be that dangerous small forward we've seen in past years. But for his own confidence, give him a run in the VFL & see if he can kick a few goals - if he has a good week and Evans a not so good week, make the swap for our next match

I remember Gary Buckenara rated Mieirs best small forward in his draft crop, adding however that he's not quick which is correct. He said nothing about his kicking!

Big picture is that Stengle and Close have gone past Mieirs and we need to keep debuting the new draftees, albeit they keep getting injured.

I have a hunch we'll see Neale in the AFL team on Saturday.

What's the story on Knevitt?

Why have multiple people suggested Dahlhaus come in? Love him as a bloke but he’s done. Shouldn’t play again for us as sad as that is. Play a kid over him any day of the week now.
Because he will come in and offer a lot more than Evans. Evans has been terribly disappointing. Dahlhaus BOG in the VFL yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he will come in and offer a lot more than Evans. Evans has been terribly disappointing. Dahlhaus BOG in the VFL yesterday.

Dahlhaus role for the remainder of the year should be a mentor and leader in the VFL, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the AFL 22.

I’m sure there is something in Evans, just have to give him consecutive games.

Guessing with these stats in the SANFL over the weekend, Reilly O'Brien might be coming in to play against us this week...

283439390_10158575866656440_5623030306755217426_n.jpg

Dahlhaus role for the remainder of the year should be a mentor and leader in the VFL, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the AFL 22.

I’m sure there is something in Evans, just have to give him consecutive games.
Prepare yourself for disappointment.

I’m not sure about Stanley as he was brought back in and apparently “fit and ready” then he got injured again vs St Kilda.

Don’t want that to happen again.
Not a medical guru but was clearly hampered from around the same point in time I think it takes pain killing injections to wear off. Striking coincidence.

I remember Gary Buckenara rated Mieirs best small forward in his draft crop, adding however that he's not quick which is correct. He said nothing about his kicking!

Big picture is that Stengle and Close have gone past Mieirs and we need to keep debuting the new draftees, albeit they keep getting injured.

I have a hunch we'll see Neale in the AFL team on Saturday.

What's the story on Knevitt?
Knevitt pinged his calf in the vfl

GEELONG superstar Patrick Dangerfield is set to be out of action until after the mid-season bye following a calf injury against Port Adelaide on Saturday.

The Cats will be conservative with their vice-captain, who is set to complete a conditioning block over the next couple of weeks instead of playing.

Meanwhile, late withdrawals Rhys Stanley and Quinton Narkle will face fitness tests to determine if they will play against Adelaide this weekend.

Sam Menegola (knee) and Jack Henry (foot) are continuing to show improvement as they close in on a return to play, although first-year player Flynn Kroeger suffered a fractured wrist in the VFL clash and will be out of action for several weeks.

Prepare yourself for disappointment.
I can go either way on this. Firstly a big shout out to Dal - whose last qtr in the VFL shows him to be a great character. Gives me a soft spot to reward him even though it will be at expense of Evans and Dempsey (which I will then get angry at!). So i am in a bind. He should stay in VFL as clearly best thing for the club - but his great attitude emotionally says he should get another crack! So the answer Is that I will wait to see what the club does and then just complain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back