Preview Rd 13 2020 22/08 Richmond v Essendon. Dreamtime in Dawin TIO Stadium 7:40pm - Regression Analysis, International Relations and the Human Condition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant believe we are discussing who plays on Stewart , Bellchambers , Stringer FMD
Stewart a GWS reject that only gets games when McKernan/Danniher are not playing and is just a meh player who has only managed 4 Games at less than a goal a game.

Bellchambers is a Ruckman that will most likely Ruck 60% of the time who is 108kgs and 31 years old averaging 0.2 goals a game this year and will struggle in the humidity and heat and will most likely be on the bench alot

Draper looks the goods but still new and very much like our Chol when foward but Chol is a good kick

Stringer will be puffed out by 3/4 time and useless up in Darwin

We have fast running players that will be putting so much pressure on these duds that im expecting atleast 4 goals from holding the ball free kicks in our foward line and the ball to ly out of their foward line with no pressure

Tigers 47 points

Lynch , Jack , Chol going to have a party with the backline they have
(200cm)Lynch/Francis(192cm)
(195cm)Jack/Hurley(195cm)
(200cm)Chol / Gleeson (192cm)

Jack will take Hurley 30-35mtrs out and Lynch/Chol will be Hi 5 ing
I love how you feel brother!! That was amzing and exactly the way I feel about those bombers so called stars!! What a *en joke of club they are.. absolute arrogant pigs that haven’t won a final in 4 generations it feels!! And they have the nerve to judge our culture?? Suck a dick u tullamarine pea hearted drug cheats..

I’m worried too but Im always worried.
Fact is, we play them 10 times and we win 8.

would be just like the bummers to have tonight be one of the 2....
This week has been a perfect storm. Not sure if it’s a perfect storm for Richmond where we’re so pissed off we go out there and remind everyone why we’ve won 2 premierships in 3 years or a perfect storm for Essendon where we go into our shells and they spank us.

Either is very possible.

we aren’t losing to this basket case of a team trust me... bombers are the biggest joke of the afl... they have to put up puppet coaches for * sake... they are an embarrassment. We are going spank them
My only worry is the Dewey conditions so we will only win by like 19 points or some s**t but would’ve been 60 in normal conditions.

Bumbers squad is significantly stronger than last week I think they’ll give a good account of themselves tonight this’ll be no walk in the park.

Looking at last nights game it was dewy at night making it tough for marking forwards. Reckon it may be tough going for Jack and Tom so we’ll need to be smarter than last week in forward entries.
Listened to Rohan Connolly’s podcast Footyology
He gave em a pasting, a pretender club and Board 6-7 blokes that wouldnt get a game on any ither list and shouldnt be playing Afl, the coaches.
Real public dressing down.

They’ll be wanting to show something for the fans I think

I'm trying to sucker in the Druggo fans at work to bet slabs on the game so I can go into work Monday and collect 3 slabs.
They all think they will get flogged though.
So I've told them we haven't won a final since 2019 and they seem to be buying that.

Hope Lynch kills a bloke within the rules tonight. Come on big fella
Druggo fans seem split on who is going to bring Tom Lynch to justice for the murder of Sam Collins.

Bellchambers to get into lynch 😍

Bellchambers is still soaking the stains out of his shorts from the time Stack got up in his grill.

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to Rohan Connolly’s podcast Footyology
He gave em a pasting, a pretender club and Board 6-7 blokes that wouldnt get a game on any ither list and shouldnt be playing Afl, the coaches.
Real public dressing down.

They’ll be wanting to show something for the fans I think
Yep that and the fact that we are struggling to nail our scoring opportunities. It’ll probably result in a low scoring contest and keep them in the game

Druggo fans seem split on who is going to bring Tom Lynch to justice for the murder of Sam Collins.

Bellchambers to get into lynch 😍

Bellchambers is still soaking the stains out of his shorts from the time Stack got up in his grill.

:D
Fans been listening too much ti David Schwarz - still think we’re are playing in the 80’s with players sniping and evening up.

Morning all.

Are you well? Are you coping? Much has changed since our last chat, and even for an aging Richmond fan, this season has been perplexing (not quite as perplexing as the Geischen era, but let’s not go there). No crowds, no excitement, we’re all struggling to adapt to ever-changing rules, and the football’s been rubbish as well. Nevertheless, Richmond seem on track to play finals again, and, assuming they get all players back, ready to kick into gear again at the business end of the season. But with five possible fiascos remaining in this preternatural year, the attitudes of Tiger fans keep veering between dreaming about fluffy kittens and the Black Death.

In the absence of any chance of actually attending a game, I’ve been watching games on various electro-interweb devices which my children have kindly set up for me,
images

while simultaneously trying to explain Australian Rules to my Irish cousin Seamus O’Wallaby. And to be honest, I’m not making a lot of progress in converting him into a fan - his main impression being that the game reminds him of a large group of nervous children trying beekeeping for the first time. I can’t keep showing him Dusty’s inside-50 cross-kick forever, so I am desperately yearning for something resembling a highlight from our next match.

This week, we play Essendon. I like Essendon. Sure, the players come across as a right bunch of preening swells, and I mean that in a most complimentary manner, indeed I do, they have a great history despite doing their best to trash it beyond redemption over the last 20 years, while their fans at least turn up and can clap along in time to the club song (insert your own joke here). They are having an indifferent season to date, but so far at least they’ve had no urine samples dissolving the beaker, they are still technically in the running to become finals cannon fodder, and this game has all the hallmarks of a classic Richmond trap game. i.e. – we should win, but somehow don’t. Also known as ‘The glory years 1992-2016’.

Anyway – on to this week’s game! As a modern expert commentator, I have invented several new statistical measures with which to analyse the game.

Free Kick Stageability: - Richmond probably have the edge here, with Riewoldt working back to some form last week, and Dylan Grimes continuing his AA level of the past few years, but they will probably have to contend with every Essendon player hurling himself to the ground when they detect the presence of Tom Lynch in the same timezone.

Crumb Creation: A more accurate description for ‘Oh god, our big log of a forward has dropped another sitter’. Essendon have a clear advantage in this category, as their forward line seems to consist of blindfolded chainsaw jugglers, whose sole aim seems to be to give commentators a chance to shout Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti’s name, which fills in the (brief) time until the ball has re-entered the opposition forward half.
giphy.gif

Essendon forward 50 entry

But at least if Joe Daniher makes a surprise return, Oleg won’t have the most laughable moustache on the field.

Zone Acreage Covered: You know those times when your half-back-flanker is standing alone 30 metres out from the defensive goal with the opposition giving him more room than Aunty Wallaby when she's had a few Creme-De-Menthes – he’s not lost, he’s actually guarding space. The fact that ‘space’ has never yet kicked a goal in Australian Rules history is an irrelevance in these modern analytical times . Stats show that letting an opposition player win an uncontested possession followed by a shot on goal is probably a benefit for your team – if that opposition player is Jason Castagna.

Short, Back and Sides: The number of times a team maintains possession, by kicking the ball 15.0000001 metres in every direction except their goal. Very demoralising and frustrating for the opposition, the opposition fans, the neutral fans, their own fans, their own mothers, Lost Amazonian Tribesmen, and all sentient beings in the known universe. Advantage – who gives a f***. We’ll probably win that. Broad-Grimes-Astbury-Grimes-Broad-Grimes……………………..
CreamyElaborateBubblefish-size_restricted.gif

Intangibles: No one knows what these are, or what they are for, or even what intangible means, but they’re generally good, and a special quality possessed by those players who
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody can remember them doing anything constructive at all on the football field
  • Seem to have wandered onto the ground by mistake while looking for a bus stop
  • Get picked nearly every week
Since intangibles are impossible to identify, impossible to quantify, and also known as ‘commentators bollocks’, Essendon will probably dominate in this category.

So it should be a close game with lots of thrills, goals, drama ball-ups, and it’s in Darwin! – and why not? Unfortunately, Richmond do not have a glittering record up there (don’t look it up) – let’s just say, last time we ventured that far North, Centre-half Forward Jay Schulz kicked 3 goals. The fact that he was playing for Port Adelaide at the time, and they won by 3 goals sums up one of the more depressing episodes during the early Hardwick years. So that should give the Bombers some hope of causing an upset – they last beat Richmond anywhere in 2014, and Richmond were handicapped that day by having to play Ty Vickery because – well, to be honest I’m still not actually sure (anyone?).

Anyway, Richmond will probably win – but on the scoreboard only. Essendon will earn the praise as moral victors and be described as having ‘an exciting future’, Tom Lynch and Jack Riewoldt will be ritually executed on the media scaffold, and Damien Hardwick will be grilled as to why his team ‘Keeps kicking the ball towards the goals’. If we lose...well, in the words of Sun Tzu - 'Bugger me, I didn't see that coming'.

Ran out of time the other day to compliment you on a ripper preview, Wallaby - great job mate. :thumbsu:

Cant believe we are discussing who plays on Stewart , Bellchambers , Stringer FMD
Stewart a GWS reject that only gets games when McKernan/Danniher are not playing and is just a meh player who has only managed 4 Games at less than a goal a game.

Bellchambers is a Ruckman that will most likely Ruck 60% of the time who is 108kgs and 31 years old averaging 0.2 goals a game this year and will struggle in the humidity and heat and will most likely be on the bench alot

Draper looks the goods but still new and very much like our Chol when foward but Chol is a good kick

Stringer will be puffed out by 3/4 time and useless up in Darwin

We have fast running players that will be putting so much pressure on these duds that im expecting atleast 4 goals from holding the ball free kicks in our foward line and the ball to ly out of their foward line with no pressure

Tigers 47 points

Lynch , Jack , Chol going to have a party with the backline they have
(200cm)Lynch/Francis(192cm)
(195cm)Jack/Hurley(195cm)
(200cm)Chol / Gleeson (192cm)

Jack will take Hurley 30-35mtrs out and Lynch/Chol will be Hi 5 ing
agree with what you said but ridley is 195cm too and has been having a nice year in defence

Nobody ‘put me on the selection committee’ you nuff, this is an online afl forum where people come to discuss their opinions. Dont cry because ive said stack is out form and deserves to be dropped because thats the truth, learning a new role or not most would rather broad in the side.
You also said he'd do nothing this match. He's been good and your man Marcov has cost us a goal.
The only nuffie around here is You but hey don't take my word for it, read your own posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back