Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think hence why he said "i will continue to say this everytime he doesn't play in the middle"

That being said I think I saw him at a centre bounce at one point, or maybe it was just at a re-ball up after a centre bounce. Got a clearance and put it forward. Should be back in the midfield next year.
Yep he came off the back square and won a clearance after three ball had bounced around a bit. I thought he showed last night what he could be as a half back. It was a very polished performance. Just needs to have the confidence to pick longer targets with his kicking sometimes - I think that will come

Did anyone else notice something about our first goal by Fisher? He didn’t take control of the ball, he guided it on to his foot with one hand and snapped in one motion. Just thought I’d comment as I thought that was pretty cool.

He did a handball like that against Collingwood as well. Brilliant.

We certainly had a few calls and non-calls go our way..

Just had a look at that final free kick to Taylor. Still have no idea how that got paid. I hope Taylor gets fined for that staging.

He did a handball like that against Collingwood as well. Brilliant.
Yep noticed that too.

He is just so damn fast. Of mind and body.

Anyone else takes possession of the ball in those situations and is tackled.

This sort of thing opens the game up for us.

Even his little tap on to muphy in the freo win last year.

Clever player. Full of tricks. Point of difference for us.

How many F50 entries have we had for such a shitty scoring rate?

We're at +70 for I50's this year vs our opponents, but are -76 for R50's, and -9 for Goals (but +26 for behinds!).

The good news is we're getting in there. A lot. More than enough to win most games we play. But the connection between the mids and the forwards just isnt happening, it's being intercepted and coming out way to easy, and we're scoring too many behinds and not enough goals.
You're right that the good news is we are getting it in there. We are not helped by our delivery inside 50 and also the conditions at night up in QLD not being conducive for playing a big forward line.

Does anyone know if they have put The Lizard back together again yet?

Poor bloke got broken in half last night. Belted by Cripps. Belted by Setters.....and then Levi fell on him and pounded him into the turf.

After the 4th hit or so The Lizard was in so much pain all he could do was laugh a wry laugh.

Poor bloke got broken in half last night. Belted by Cripps. Belted by Setters.....and then Levi fell on him and pounded him into the turf.

After the 4th hit or so The Lizard was in so much pain all he could do was laugh a wry laugh.

He (Blakey) deserved everything he got. He tried to low blow Setters and came up worse. Loved our attack on him from there on......perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s getting better by the week, his body looks sound again confidence restored, taking the game on again and his kicking is friggin beautiful... another talented kid we have missed...
Hell yeah, the more games he plays as well, the more confidence he will get in his body and the better he will get. He has been missed over the last couple of years in defence.

Hell yeah, the more games he plays as well, the more confidence he will get in his body and the better he will get. He has been missed over the last couple of years in defence.
Thought we might loose him with the injury there for a while which would’ve been a bloody shame considering how great he looked up until then, massive bonus...

FWIW - since returning in round 12 Harry McKay has taken 15 Marks inside 50 and kicked total of 7 goals 10. Any chance big Sav could earn his money?

He'll be right. Wiry kid but would have been very sore after all those hits last night.

Just saw the build up to Cotts goal, and I forgot we took it the length of the ground after Blakey kicked it out on the full.
Pretty good to have that much composure for us to take the footy around the boundary line to set up our inside 50.

Back