Game Day Rd 17 Nmfc v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to straighten right up and no mucking around with the OP today.

Simply put, two words describe this Game,

‘Must win’

Actually three,

‘We must win’

Roos by 15 points
nMo39.jpg

North by 200 points:
http://springfieldfiles.com/sounds/frink/gambletron.mp3

Time to straighten right up and no mucking around with the OP today.

Simply put, two words describe this Game,

‘Must win’

Actually three,

‘We must win’

Roos by 15 points
Oh you beat someone from posting before they went for a walk..well done :)

In before win BTW.

No GD GIF today. I'll take your lead with the serious business.

If Ben Brown doesn't get up, I'll be as nervous as when Ben Jacobs gets ruled out of a game.

Expecting a loss if it happens, expecting a close win if it doesn't.
Don't worry too much about that. A lot of times we are Ben Brown centric. It may change our dynamic and make us less predictable and may work in our favour. But we are naturally stronger and more flexible with him in the side.

Don't worry too much about that. A lot of times we are Ben Brown centric. It may change our dynamic and make us less predictable and may work in our favour. But we are naturally stronger and more flexible with him in the side.

While I don't like the Ben centric playstyle, its only by Brads insistence to not have a second tall in the forward line as a result of Wood and Waite being out.

I cringe at the thought of Brown being a late out with Larkey in as he struggles to make impact and he gets slammed down to the 2's for another year after working on his craft. Just doesn't seem fair on him.

We're less predictable if we rotate Maj forward alongside Brown when the game is going our way. Otherwise I can't see many blokes standing up to kick a bag like Ben can if he's out.

Swans built their whole game plan around beating him last time. This time we just need to end their season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I don't like the Ben centric playstyle, its only by Brads insistence to not have a second tall in the forward line as a result of Wood and Waite being out.

I cringe at the thought of Brown being a late out with Larkey in as he struggles to make impact and he gets slammed down to the 2's for another year after working on his craft. Just doesn't seem fair on him.

We're less predictable if we rotate Maj forward alongside Brown when the game is going our way. Otherwise I can't see many blokes standing up to kick a bag like Ben can if he's out.
We won't need anyone to. We just need multiples and this can be created by less predictability and work rate.

I only want to see Larkey in the side if we aren't in a position to make finals.

But reallyt hope he (Brown) plays...don't get me wrong.

We won't need anyone to. We just need multiples and this can be created by less predictability and work rate.

I only want to see Larkey in the side if we aren't in a position to make finals.

Problem is we're not playing them or they're out injured. Our variety of entry into F50 has gone back to 2017 season tier.

Throughout the season it didn't really seem clear where we were even going its only a few rounds ago finals became a possibility. I definitely want the same, don't play him if we're in finals. But it's really ominous that Brown is having elbow problems and I didn't see Larkey at all at the VFL game, even as a spectator. Even last week the emergency boys were there, Zurhaar, Walker and Morgs were all at the game.

Not sure where the goals come from if he misses .... Our smalls arent exactly prolific and Jack ain't a key forward

What if Larkey comes in and has a ripping first game?

If he at least makes a contest and brings to ground. It’s the smalls forwards that I am worried about

What if Larkey comes in and has a ripping first game?

If he at least makes a contest and brings to ground. It’s the smalls forwards that I am worried about

While thats possible, I find it unlikely if he's the replacement for Brown. Brown gets manhandled by 3 defenders every game and manages to kick goals only because of how elite his hands are and how freakishly long his arms are. Larkey has inexperience, a smaller body and smaller physical features and hasn't had as much time on multiple man marking contests at AFL level.

Its a recipe for disaster.
BUT, if he was the secondary forward alongside Brown, that opens his game up alot more and might get him more 1 on 1 contests, which he's good at.

So teams above us lose opening an opportunity for us. What could go wrong?
Playing Sydney is what could go wrong on this week.

But I have more confidence in playing a team in the 8 than I do in the bottom 6. We pull our finger out when we play the better sides.

Only worry is I think we're cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back