Autopsy Rd 5 Blues go down by 90 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely unacceptable in every single aspect of that game.

No one should be safe from being told they were not up to standard, to give anyone a pass because they "are teenagers" is bullshit.

Going to go back to my holiday and not bother next week.

Tonight hurt but give it 3-4 days and u will be back.

But wow what Insaw today hurt

Can someone please explain Doc's disposal efficiency... I don't get it.

I can,
Doc's playing his guts out!
He is on the last line of Defence.
His sick and tired of watching downhill skiers, putting there hands up for the ball, when he Knows the said downhill skiers, won't put there tips over the edge!!

Never doubt a back men!

They might Not be classy,

But you would be glad to be beside them in the trenches when the. s**t goes down!

Some positives for me tonight ....

Charlie Curnow ...showed heaps tonight , Am now convinced he'll be a gun..

Doc ....should get a lot more midfield minutes on that last Qtr was hard at it...

now i dont like to pot players but...

Mark Murphy that was seriously one of the worst games you have ever played , Am really wondering if it not better to trade you at seasons end so you dont teach these youngsters them bad habits..

Really impressed with Williamson's game. Macreadie tries his guts out. SPS wasn't as clean with the ball and neither was Fisher but they still batted. Polson didn't get a possession for two quarters but I like that he got his own ball in the last.

Jack had another great game, even if he's too team oriented. C. Curnow was fantastic. Real breakout game for him. Pickett is so close to doing something special.

Weitering probably needs a spell down back. But that means Rowe probably stays forward.

Oh, and Cripps... on one leg even.

And a pick pat on the back to Levi who is slowly turning it around.

Murph was middling even before he was injured.

Gibbs didn't turn up for the second half.

Docherty really struggles one on one his first instinct is to punt the ball out of defence.

Simmo struggled.

Ed did very little.

Simon White was passable.

Plowman seemed to be playing on everyone and did his best.

Rowe killed Dixon, so good on him.

Marchbank will be great but he needs to lower his eyes more coming out of defence.

Matty Wright is terribly out of form.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gibbs is weird. Sometimes he goes in with true intent, hard tackling and winning ball, while other times he looks like he doesn't give a crap. Saw both versions at different times tonight.

I don't get the bloke.

I can,
Doc's playing his guts out!
He is on the last line of Defence.
His sick and tired of watching downhill skiers, putting there hands up for the ball, when he Knows the said downhill skiers, won't put there tips over the edge!!

Never doubt a back men!

They might Not be classy,

But you would be glad to be beside them in the trenches when the. s**t goes down!
Seriously though... he went at 87%... that's what I'm confused about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowe had four disposals... and I had been defending him :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His job isn't getting possessions though. He was okay considering how often the ball was down back.

Horrible game but I think there was still some positives. Charlie was the main one. Hopefully a couple more games like this and he'll really start to realise how good he can be. Plowman was good. SOS was good but he really needs to start going back and kicking for goal. It's getting ridiculous and ******* infuriating.

3rd quarter was abysmal. No touches in our forward 50. Pathetic. Our 'leaders' did nothing really, although to be fair I consider Cripps, silvagni, plowman, docherty, weitering (the last 2 weren't great tonight) to be our leaders more than murph or Gibbs.

Just really need our players to start looking for targets instead of just bombing it forward. We also need to drop a tall. Casboult, sos and weitering forward and marchbank, macreadie, rowe, white and plowman back. Drop white and bring in another runner.

By the way, don't beat yourself up over this game, take a deep breath and keep thinking about how bright our future really is even though you may not be able to see it right now.

Sage words indeed, and from a brand new poster no less.

Speaking of which, has anybody seen The Sheik?

The third quarter was one of the most uncompetitive performances by any AFL team ever, they missed so many easy shots too, the score line in the third flattered us. Diabolical.

I love seeing the youth play but 5 1st year players, plus 3 2nd year players, plus 2 injury hampered 3rd year players, all with very little experience is way too much. The good news is they all show promise but there isn't some magical experience point where things click for them. 10 games experience in a competitive side is better than 15 games in a thumping like that.

There are going to be more tough days/nights like tonight coming up. But once these kids get another 40-50 games into them, things will change pretty quickly.

Some of the older players were shown up tonight for their real worth to the team, clearly they are on a limited tenure. I reckon Cripps is carrying an injury, he was grimacing a lot tonight. Gibbs wanted to just do his waving arms routine all night instead of getting his shorts dirty. Simon White annoyed me immensely due to his constant giving up the chase when we were under siege.

The young guys struggled but kept fighting it out even though they were badly outclassed.

Some supporters will be all bitter & twisted over a loss of this proportion but you have to expect the occasional blowout whilst the players grow & develop. Whilst it hurts to get smacked in that manner, its what you learn from the result that is of real importance IMO.

The green shoots weren't as obvious tonite but if they are hurting after that loss, then we will be okay in the future.

By the way, don't beat yourself up over this game, take a deep breath and keep thinking about how bright our future really is even though you may not be able to see it right now.
Gibbs waving arm routine... Dislocated thumb played on and had 6 tackles and 5 clearances. Pretty tough pretty impressive for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back