Preview Rd 8 Geelong v Melbourne Sat May 4th 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This word " Managed " I don't understand.. as the 2 players who are Managed are listed as Emergencies... Wouldn't you not list them at all to give them a rest/Managed

I think Managed is giving them.a week off

This word " Managed " I don't understand.. as the 2 players who are Managed are listed as Emergencies... Wouldn't you not list them at all to give them a rest/Managed

Usually is, and if comes in, will be as a sub. Main point is, no VFL if VFL was on

Last edited:
Is this where at go with the apparent pre-season chat of Stewart in the midfield?
Yep, either that or something else we haven't seen much or at all.

#guthintheguts will happen, but that only balances out Danger's absence in terms of minutes in there.

Expecting one of Holmes or Stewart to spend a bit more time in there, along with Blitz.

All I can say to you Hello Kitty is that I have nothing but the greatest respect for your current and former nick-names, in fact just between you and me Kitty-Kitty I'm in 'awe of you' and that's without me getting down on my knees !!!..... and PS kudos to your great Aunt as Kitty is an awesome name, so good I should have married one!..... GO PUSSY CATS

Why thank you 😻
Your words are music to my pussycat ears :blush:

Tom - Bouquet with Mouse.gif
Just between us, I'll share a secret, I've had a huge crush on a Gazza (No 5) :hearteyecat:

PS Hardie deserves a game ... be leading our club bnf if the VFL this year

They'll continue to choose Clark ahead of him.

If needed they can be unmanaged

Early changes

In: Stewart, Rohan & Clark
Out: Dangerfield (inj), Parfitt & O'Connor (both managed)
Pretty conservative with the changes. I was hoping to see Neale and/or Hardie get a chance. Not surprised to see O'Connor 'managed' as he didn't look right against Carlton - was spinning his wheels. I'd like to see Rohan get a full game but I bet he is the sub.
The worry for me is the Melbourne's midfield and Gawn, who is a quantum level above Pittonett who dominated for Carlton. However we are still winning even though we lose the midfield battle.

Switch Danger for Clark and we'd be pushing a full power team.

Maybe Dempsey gets a run as sub with Rohan to start... Possibily Ollie Henry for Rohan though.

I'm assuming we won't be wanting Clark to be sub once again so soon and need the extra mid with Danger/Parf/MOC out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MOC out, i can finally rest.

Also not sure what Mannagh did to get in the Chris Scott bad books, we didnt draft him to sit in the VFL.

We won't make 4 changes they said. Parfitt won't miss because Dangerfield Is out.

Sensible changes except for Stanley still being in the side

By naming them as emergencies they are in a position to play Saturday night if called upon - when Tuohy was managed in Rnd 3 he was named as an emergency, but when managed for Rnd 6 he was totally left off the team sheet

But if not needed in the seniors & with our VFL match on Sunday, it may be a case that neither Parfitt of O'Connor play in that and hence are managed this week

The thought process could well be that if required as a late call up, then either of Parfitt or O'Connor would provide a better option than of say Knevitt or Hardie. It likely comes down to balance, and that with us having a pretty healthy list that managed can mean not specifically a situation where a player needs a week off but also about rotating players through the team which can help keep the squad fresh

So it should well be the case that both Parfitt & O'Connor feel perfectly fine & under different circumstances would be playing this week, but when looking at player availability, it's there turn to potentially freshen up if that opportunity presents

Pretty conservative with the changes. I was hoping to see Neale and/or Hardie get a chance. Not surprised to see O'Connor 'managed' as he didn't look right against Carlton - was spinning his wheels. I'd like to see Rohan get a full game but I bet he is the sub.
The worry for me is the Melbourne's midfield and Gawn, who is a quantum level above Pittonett who dominated for Carlton. However we are still winning even though we lose the midfield battle.

I'm thinking Dempsey as sub and Rohan a full game

Switch Danger for Clark and we'd be pushing a full power team.

Maybe Dempsey gets a run as sub with Rohan to start.

I'm assuming we won't be wanting Clark to be sub once again so soon and need the extra mid with Danger/Parf/MOC out.

Sounds right. But that's a fair bit of tampering with last weeks side and Dempsey's momentum.
I'm liking Rohan's height to take on part of MOC's role, can see him rolling them with defensive pressure in our F50 too.

MOC out, i can finally rest.

Also not sure what Mannagh did to get in the Chris Scott bad books, we didnt draft him to sit in the VFL.

Don't worry, Merrick will return next week

It's not necessarily a case that Mannagh has done anything wrong or is in the bad books, but rather there's not a spot for him in the side at the moment - looking at our CHF line, I don't see how he replaces either Miers or Close, cause he def don't replace Stengle as our small forward

And not sure we can say he wasn't drafted to play VFL - he'll get his chances, but he was likely also drafted to be depth, which would mean a bit of VFL

Dempsey sub to manage his minutes and give us a burst wing player in the second half against tired legs surely makes sense? He dominated quarter 1 against Carlton. He could be even better with a late match assault. And then fresh for next week.

I'm thinking Dempsey as sub and Rohan a full game
Makes sense except i think when they manage Dempsey it will be a proper management. Which i reckon could be next week if they bring back parf and MOC given 2 6 day breaks now.

My guess is Rohan as sub and then he goes into full game week after with Dempsey managed maybe alongside Henry or someone else for Port?

By naming them as emergencies they are in a position to play Saturday night if called upon - when Tuohy was managed in Rnd 3 he was named as an emergency, but when managed for Rnd 6 he was totally left off the team sheet

But if not needed in the seniors & with our VFL match on Sunday, it may be a case that neither Parfitt of O'Connor play in that and hence are managed this week

The thought process could well be that if required as a late call up, then either of Parfitt or O'Connor would provide a better option than of say Knevitt or Hardie. It likely comes down to balance, and that with us having a pretty healthy list that managed can mean not specifically a situation where a player needs a week off but also about rotating players through the team which can help keep the squad fresh

So it should well be the case that both Parfitt & O'Connor feel perfectly fine & under different circumstances would be playing this week, but when looking at player availability, it's there turn to potentially freshen up if that opportunity presents
Port next Friday night I'm with you I doubt they see any VFL action Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back