List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is Gardiner can't play. He is a medium size defender who is a slow and has poor decision making abilities and is a poor ball user so gives nothing offensively as a rebounder. His purported strength, the defensive side of his game is overrated. He continually gives away unnecessary free kicks due to poor positioning, crude attempts to spoil or regular brain fades. I like his competative spirit, but that's about all he has going for him.

Problem is Gardiner can't play. He is a medium size defender who is a slow and has poor decision making abilities and is a poor ball user so gives nothing offensively as a rebounder. His purported strength, the defensive side of his game is overrated. He continually gives away unnecessary free kicks due to poor positioning, crude attempts to spoil or regular brain fades. I like his competative spirit, but that's about all he has going for him.

You're talking about a (just about to turn) 21 year old.

Gardner IMO is showing some very good signs as a lock down defender who can play on smalls and most talls at a pinch. i have also noticed that his disposal has been improving ie. there were a few albeit safe, good quick decisions by foot on sunday v the cats. i have confidence he will be a good solid B grade level player for us in the future.

How likely is Green to stay? Could the new coach convince him?
I think new coach could convince Green to stay.Improve his fitness and see him as crumbing forward pocket with the ability for a 25-30 goal season under Shache and Hipwood

Could. But should they?

I can't see them doing it. A poor off field influence and not able to get over injuries. Seems the perfect fixer upper we can get some trade value for with another club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see them doing it. A poor off field influence and not able to get over injuries. Seems the perfect fixer upper we can get some trade value for with another club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Source? Or is this the subway thing all over again?

TBD are you still of the view that a couple of senior players have too much/a bad influence on certain happenings at the club?
Playing groups having an influence on certain aspects in a club environment has been around for a while and isn't just a Lions thing. I just think if you are going to have your say in stuff and in some cases demand things than you better be striving to do the best you can for the club both off and on field... or else you come across as a bit of a flog. Just my opinion and it's not directed at anybody in the club but just some food for thought from some of the things I've heard.

Playing groups having an influence on certain aspects in a club environment has been around for a while and isn't just a Lions thing. I just think if you are going to have your say in stuff and in some cases demand things than you better be striving to do the best you can for the club both off and on field... or else you come across as a bit of a flog. Just my opinion and it's not directed at anybody in the club but just some food for thought from some of the things I've heard.
agree, from my recollection TBD was of the opinion that Rocky and Hanley were divisive influences (delusions of grandeur) at the club and it would be my view that if that was the case i would be looking at trading them out whether Leppa stays or not.

I think new coach could convince Green to stay.Improve his fitness and see him as crumbing forward pocket with the ability for a 25-30 goal season under Shache and Hipwood

I agree with above and would go beyond. I personally think green is hard done by. In the seasons 2012-2015 he played 65 games for 97 goals at 1.5 goals per game with 12 disposals per game and 3 tackles per game. None of those are elite (even just for a small forward) but how poor was our team over those years and who was he crumbing to in those seasons? (remembering Brown played about 10 games in 2014 and 12-14 in 2013) I believe he led our goalkicking in 14 and 15.

Then this year we get Schache and Walker in for most of the season who actually bring the ball to ground a bit and Green has only played half the games and often further away from goal.

I think Green could be a 40 goal forward if he played in a team that was actually competitive and he had some players to feed off.

Dizzy like 80% of our second year and above players has stagnated or gone backwards.

I hold very high hopes for him going forward though, I think he can be a 200 game player for us.

I also think if the right person can get through to Green, he could be a great forward for us going forward, we need to persist with a couple of these

Guys, like he and Lester.. we need to build a crop of 25 year olds that stick together.

I
I think Gardiner has quite a high ceiling tbh, could shock some people this kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back