Realistic expectations of Paddy McCartin in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, why is anyone responding to Arjen's tripe?

He'll just clog up these threads with his Saints hate and delusions about how good North and their list are if you keep on responding to him.

It's like arguing with someone from the local primary school who's too young to realise how little of a clue they have.
Anyone who takes him seriously needs help.

It would be generally appreciated if this thread was back on track discussing McCartin without resorting to sniping, trolling or thread derailing thanks.

Did people not listen when I said he didn't fail a concussion test? And is absolutely fine from these 'head knocks'? I didn't just make that up and I didn't just hear it from some random at 2am in the city, talk of him not being able to play 10-15 games a season from it is just laughable. Obviously no one can predict injuries or who knows he may actually get concussed and it may effect him, but up until now an extreme deal of precaution has been exercised with him as would be expected with any player let alone a highly rated one in just his 2nd season.

Did people not listen when I said he didn't fail a concussion test? And is absolutely fine from these 'head knocks'? I didn't just make that up and I didn't just hear it from some random at 2am in the city, talk of him not being able to play 10-15 games a season from it is just laughable. Obviously no one can predict injuries or who knows he may actually get concussed and it may effect him, but up until now an extreme deal of precaution has been exercised with him as would be expected with any player let alone a highly rated one in just his 2nd season.
I don't know any facts about failing a concussion test so it is not worth me arguing, but he has been stretchered off the ground twice this season and been "concussed" a total of three times, I think you are underselling this fact. Three concussion incidents in one year is not something that should be taken lightly and rightly St Kilda will be conservative with him. I tend to take what clubs say about players with a grain of salt as I think they talk a lot of s**t regarding injuries. I don't really see how you can be so confident about this issue because someone has told you he hasn't "failed" a concussion test, to me there there is cause for concern.

Having said that, from what I hear St Kilda have had to take a very gradual approach to building his fitness base in lieu of his diabetes. I think there is a fair chance that as his body becomes more and more accustomed to fitness levels required for AFL, these issues could very well fade away.

I don't know any facts about failing a concussion test so it is not worth me arguing, but he has been stretchered off the ground twice this season and been "concussed" a total of three times, I think you are underselling this fact. Three concussion incidents in one year is not something that should be taken lightly and rightly St Kilda will be conservative with him. I tend to take what clubs say about players with a grain of salt as I think they talk a lot of s**t regarding injuries. I don't really see how you can be so confident about this issue because someone has told you he hasn't "failed" a concussion test, to me there there is cause for concern.

Having said that, from what I hear St Kilda have had to take a very gradual approach to building his fitness base in lieu of his diabetes. I think there is a fair chance that as his body becomes more and more accustomed to fitness levels required for AFL, these issues could very well fade away.

Pretty sure the only time he got stretchered off was in the Crows game last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back