Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current AFL Final Droughts:

Gold Coast - 13 seasons
North Melbourne - 8 seasons
Crows - 6 seasons
Hawks - 5 seasons.

What concerns me so much with our rebuild is that there has been no spike. Nicks is in very sad company as a coach. One of only 3 coaches to not make the finals in their first 100 games as head coach of a club with Alan Richardson / Stuart Dew being the other two.

Both Stuart Dew and Alan Richardson were fired after 6 seasons. We have signed Nicks to a two year extension which means he is paid to coach us for 7 seasons.

Last edited:

Gold Coast - 13 seasons
North Melbourne - 7 seasons
Crows / Hawks - 5 seasons.

What concerns me so much with our rebuild is that there has been no spike. Nicks is in very sad company as a coach. One of only 3 coaches to not make the finals in their first 100 games as head coach of a club with Alan Richardson / Stuart Dew being the other two.

Both Stuart Dew and Alan Richardson were fired after 6 seasons. We have signed Nicks to a two year extension which means he is paid to coach us for 7 seasons.

He won’t see 2025 if things don’t turn around

It’s not the losses it’s the manner of them

It's an interesting matchup this week against Freo as they are in a pretty similar position to us list and rebuild wise.

2019 - Free goes 9-13 lose Lyon. They then finish 12th, 11th, 5th & 14th.
2019 - We go 10-12 fire Pike. We finish 18th, 15th, 14th, 10th.

Freo's List - 15th in Average Age 24.0 / 17th in Average games 55.5
Adelaides List - 14th in Average Age 24.3 / 15th in Average games 61.6

On the weekend:

0-2 Adelaide average age 25.6 / average games 88.7 (9 players under 50 games).
2-0 Fremantle average age 25.5 / average games 88.4 (7 players under 50 games).

Very interesting comparing the two coaches as well...

Longmuir - 86 games - 43 wins, 42 losses, 1 draw. Won a final in 2022.
Nicks - 85 games - 29 wins, 59 losses.

Both were entering 2024 in the final year of their contract. Fremantle give Longmuir a surprise 1 year extension in the preseason tying him to Freo until the end of 2025.

We wait until a round 1 loss to ink Nicks to a 2 year extension tying him to the club until the end of 2026.

Why do we keep doing stupid things?

Gold Coast - 13 seasons

Essendon?

You couldn't find a spot in our best 22 for thes guys?

Errol Gulden 175cm 77kg
Matt Rowell 180cm 82kg
Zak Butters 181cm 77kg
Zach Merrett 179cm 83kg

Edit : How about Lachie Neale 178cm 84kg ?
Nothing wrong with the smaller mids.

Just need at least one big one. We have that in Dawson now.

Edwards a nice size too.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gold Coast - 13 seasons

6 seasons for us.

Nothing wrong with the smaller mids.

Just need at least one big one. We have that in Dawson now.

Edwards a nice size too.

I guess the argument you could make is that Dawson isn’t a bigger clearance winner type, a la Wines/Cripps/JPK/Dunkley etc

But is that necessary to have? Maybe not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont ask me how i remember this but some of your players have shrunk...

AFL and your offical site has tex and fog listed at 192, last year i remember them being 194 and 195. Same with Keays and Hinge, last year being 187 and 190 and 185 and 187. Only player who grew is smith from 190 to 194 lol

Nuff said

Top 4 pick into nothing

Surely people now can stop blaming the AFL for giving the GC a PP causing us to miss out on Anderson? There were plenty talented mids available at our pick and we opted for McAsey. That's our * up, not the league's.

OK. Someone tell me how we are the ones rebuilding?

Excluding ruck, that’s 25,24,23,29 years old

How are they so much younger (and better) than us 5 years into our F-ing rebuild?!?!?
Because our core group philosophy excludes flexibility and dare

According to some Rachele mentions how a run in the midfield would be good and gets 0 - calm your farm lad and earn your place - ask again in 5 years time

Port sat down and looked at their list and midfield and had a transition plan. And executed it perfectly - meanwhile we roll out Laird, Crouch , Sloane and the new kid ( who had to be made captain to get a spot) evey freaking week

Back