Coach Richmond under Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor bloke hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do yet. The effort apart from the weekend just gone and half a game V Suns has been great. We're playing without most, if not all of the starting midfield most weeks. For a team rebuilding its has reached tipping point.

The media pile on is a bit sad. It's a mulligan year for Yze.

A fairly accurate assesment though you've missed a few promising types. I know you're comparing a set of years with limited development, but some more recent recruits look okay and are not necessarily so 'young'.

Personally the better recruiting since 2021 makes the picture a bit different.
Tresise (Looks very promising)
Lefau (regularin 1sts)
Kaleb Smith (Was injured, looks very good)
Seth Campbell (regular in 1sts)
Steely Green (Might make it as a small forward)
Tylar Young (Playing 1sts)
Coulthard (Shows promise)
Bauer (Injured for a bit but looks a likely KPP)
McAuliffe (Already near being a fixture in the midfield)
Fawcett (young tall and injured, TBD)
Naismith (backup ruck, looks forgettable)
I don’t mind our post-2021 drafting tbh. Trezise for example I think will be an unexpected best 22 player for us. But I just think that 2018-2021 draft period is why we don’t really have young players ready to be stars yet. Tom Brown’s probably the only one ahead of schedule. Trezise’s the other one that would’ve been if he didn’t get injured.

The 2018 draft players are approximately 24 now. That’s around when they begin hitting their peaks. Right now though, we have a bunch of players exiting their peak (i.e., the veterans) and a bunch of players still too inexperienced to be hitting their peaks (i.e., youngsters). Combine that with injuries and that’s a recipe for disaster IMO

Good one dimma
Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you were a person up for the senior coaching position of Richmond and North Melbourne, which club would you pick?

Richmond and it's not even close, even without my bias. They have barely any players out and they are still getting slaughtered.

At least North are putting games into kids.
Richmond have a lot of cooked senior players.

Putting games into kids and not teaching them how to do anything but lose, and our senior players are fine, with the big amount of players out it's only natural with the team changing so much the structures would be completely out of whack. This year is a write-off and I'm not concerned in the slightest.

Putting games into kids and not teaching them how to do anything but lose, and our senior players are fine, with the big amount of players out it's only natural with the team changing so much the structures would be completely out of whack. This year is a write-off and I'm not concerned in the slightest.
You need a full rebuild there will be a lot more pain this is just the beginning.

Yze was sold a pup and can't be judged.

He still has premiership players in the team, but they've been there and done that under another coach and aren't used to losing, so maybe aren't giving their all.

This is the best thing for Richmond. Bottom out quick, and add some draft quality before Tassie come in.

Richmond fans can live off those 3 flags for another decade or more, before they start to get itchy.

I'd be sitting comfy knowing we earned our turn at the bottom of the cycle.

Yze was sold a pup and can't be judged.
This is correct, Yze has been sold a lemon.

I'd love to see the alternative Universe where Yze is appointed to Gold Coast and Hardwick has to continue to coach the dumpster fire he left behind. My guess is the ladder doesn't look much different than it does now.

He really shouldn't have taken this job if he wanted any kind of career. There's a reason WC kept Simpson around because whoever comes in at the start of a rebuild is a dead man walking and it should be clear, injuries or not, Richmond are basically starting again and have to do it through an expansion team.

Those Taranto and Hopper trades will go down in infamy and put into the Wingard and Kelly pantheon of clubs not understanding where they are at.

I'd be OK with 20 years of irrelevance for just one flag, yet alone a 3 flag dynasty though

He really shouldn't have taken this job if he wanted any kind of career. There's a reason WC kept Simpson around because whoever comes in at the start of a rebuild is a dead man walking and it should be clear, injuries or not, Richmond are basically starting again and have to do it through an expansion team.

Those Taranto and Hopper trades will go down in infamy and put into the Wingard and Kelly pantheon of clubs not understanding where they are at.

I'd be OK with 20 years of irrelevance for just one flag, yet alone a 3 flag dynasty though

It’s a tough call for Yze as it was for Bolton at Carlton, Noble at North etc etc etc.
These guys commit everything with the goal of becoming a senior coach.
These positions are few and far between and more often than not, the teams are entering rebuild.
Rare that a rookie coach lands a job like C.Scott did.
So Yze, like many before him, takes his chance knowing full well that he likely walks the plank sooner rather than later but probably feels that’s he’d rather try and fail than never try at all …

Remove this Banner Ad

Back