Richmond's struggle with interstate games

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you got any that richmond's flag was any less deserved than any other ever won?

If it weren't for playing a perennial finals failure and a team who couldn't have kicked a ball into Sydney harbour from circular quay your club wouldn't have won any, if we want to get deep down into things.
Well we got to play you at the MCG instead of Geelong, which you could argue was lacked integrity as you had beaten us weeks prior at home.

Apparently that had some effect on Adelaide's powerstance though and they forgot to turn up to play.

Well we got to play you at the MCG instead of Geelong, which you could argue was lacked integrity as you had beaten us weeks prior at home.

Apparently that had some effect on Adelaide's powerstance though and they forgot to turn up to play.

You still had to win against us, though, and it's not like we didn't have a chance at one point down with a quarter to play. It's harsh to play as the home side on their own home deck but it is what it is

HGA isnt incorrect

Um no its not. Its home state. Regardless Geelong play home Games at the MCG which would have been explained in the 700 threads that have been opened by salty Crows fans since september 30.

Mate you really need to let it go. You lost on the biggest stage. Your players failed..if you cant handle that fact maybe you need to go see someone about it, or even go find another sport. Because no matter how much bitching and moaning you do, the result will NEVER EVER change. You can put an asterix, a red line, highlight and circle the *er for all i care, but it will NEVER EVER change.
In 50 yrs from now 2017 will always read Richmond as PREMIERS.
Time to LET IT GO.

Why is this a thread? Just trolling the Richmond footy club. So what? We lost interstate agan. We outplayed the oppo and it was our inaccurate kicking that killed us in the end. It was hardly an embarrassing loss as we played a team that was fighting for it's life on it's own home ground and the team was a very good team at that. It's not like we lost to Freo or something like that!

Oh leave them alone you bully. It’s all they have.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Of course he doesn't, the extent of a quality argument to some of these people is "they shat the bed" despite strong evidence existing around home ground advantages in a plethora of world wide sports. I guess I can understand some of them are taking it personally they've waited 30+ years and probably just wanted adulation from everyone and it hasn't really happened.
Home ground advantage is definitely a thing and there are certainly integrity issues that need to be addressed for a 'national' comp. I don't have the answers to fix it either.

None of which makes anything else I posted less true though.

Only 75 more days until we can stop putting up with the ungratefulness of the fans of the current premiers.

I've just punched into my computer simulator all the 2017 player stats from Richmond, Geelong and Adelaide. Had the Qualifying Final been played at Kardinia Park, the computer says, Richmond would have won by just 12-18 points.

Had the Grand Final been played in Adelaide, it would have been different. Adelaide would have dominated for large parts of the first half, and then gradually Richmond catch up. Eventually Richmond win by 42 points.

So there we go, no need to place an asterix next to the 2017 premier team, Richmond.

I've just punched into my computer simulator all the 2017 player stats from Richmond, Geelong and Adelaide. Had the Qualifying Final been played at Kardinia Park, the computer says, Richmond would have won by just 12-18 points.

Had the Grand Final been played in Adelaide, it would have been different. Adelaide would have dominated for large parts of the first half, and then gradually Richmond catch up. Eventually Richmond win by 42 points.

So there we go, no need to place an asterix next to the 2017 premier team, Richmond.
Gee there we go scientifically proven

Only 75 more days until we can stop putting up with the ungratefulness of the fans of the current premiers.
Unless WCE finish 1 Richmond 2 and richmond win the GF. Then this will go next level. Ill be genuinely concerned for a few well beings if that was to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've done a lot of good work there. Unfortunately, the inability to understand the difference between an asterisk and Asterix is Gauling and means it can't be taken seriously.

Are you going to claim wins against the suns and lions as a proof you can play interstate? Oh you did sneak over the line against Port my bad

So can we win or not? It was a premiership year after all. And we were only half a team remember.

Geez science is awesome. They put a man on the moon, then this.

You were still poor and you are even worse this year

So winning over 50% was poor was it? Okey m8

Only 75 more days and hopefully opposition supporters will stop creating Richmond threads.........

So we cant pick and choose which wins count because it doesnt fit the rhetoric? Meh they're all worth the same
If that's the case why aren't brisbane premiership favourites right now? Most in form side in the comp right now

Alarm bells should be going off if you can't beat bottom 4 sides anywhere, against quality opposition you have 1 win from your last 7 or 8 attempts outside of victoria.

I really want to believe that you're just saying things for the hell of it. Otherwise, my gosh... you truly have my sympathy for the deficiencies going on in that brain of yours.
Pretending to have some vastly superior knowledge but instead of sharing it resorts to attempts at belittling someones intelligence level.

Classic case of someone who knows nothing but wants to sound like they do, good luck with that champ :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back