List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A brand new strapping young half back flanker that could, one day become a midfielder*

*he wont

Part of me is like "we finally have a good pick, pick farkin' two, we'll finally grab a top midfielder!" while part of me is like "even when we have a good pick, that hasn't stopped us in the past" (the last time we were s**t, we went ruck (2008), HBF (2009), wing (2010) with our first rounders) but now there's the added temptation of trading down to get multiple non-midfielders for the price of one!*

* For the purposes of this pre-emptive freak out, I'm not counting Gaff as a midfielder
** I'm also not saying Nic Nat, Shep or Gaff were s**t or the wrong picks at the time

I’m not even upset that he’s leaving. I was of the only few who thought he should have been sacked after the airport fiasco. I don’t think he can last the 4 years contract. He’s not professional enough to put in the work to get fit. He came back overweight.

I certainly wouldn't be offering him a 4 year contract. That won't end well for Port.
I hope that Rioli stays at West Coast…….. he’s definitely not a 4 year contract……. He’s damaged goods……… if he went to Port, it’d have to be for a “set of steak knives“ , I would tolerate a 3rd round pick - no more. There’s too much evidence of lack of fitness, form, commitment and honesty……. I would be happy if he just stayed at the Eagles.

His intentions are pretty clear. If I was the eagles I would seriously be thinking about withdrawing our offer, stop all support for him, confirm that we will try and facilitate a trade for him to his club of choice (but on our terms), but if it's not acceptable to us he goes into the draft.
I guess he’d be happy at North in the PSD…… of course West Coast wouldn’t get even a 4th round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that Rioli stays at West Coast…….. he’s definitely not a 4 year contract……. He’s damaged goods……… if he went to Port, it’d have to be for a “set of steak knives“ , I would tolerate a 3rd round pick - no more. There’s too much evidence of lack of fitness, form, commitment and honesty……. I would be happy if he just stayed at the Eagles.
I’m sure what you “tolerate” will come into Ports and West Coast consideration’s

I’m sure what you “tolerate” will come into Ports and West Coast consideration’s
Yes , I believe that no matter what anyone puts on this …….. it doesn’t matter a 💩.…. However I would not be happy with “selling the farm” for a player with such ordinary credentials.

Yes , I believe that no matter what anyone puts on this …….. it doesn’t matter a 💩.…. However I would not be happy with “selling the farm” for a player with such ordinary credentials.
I'm pretty sure the trade will be rioli for the Amon compo selection (if it is a mid second round) or Rioli for next year's 2nd. No-one is paying a first rounder for him and a third round is unders given the contract length, price and multiple other interested parties (all who have earlier selections on PSD).

There’s a fair bit of ground between “third round pick at most” and “selling the farm”.

Was a regular for many years...It was a bit too quiet though.
There is a few old EFH posters on here.
Good times. Who was the prominent East Perth poster? Rated his work. Also good to see everybody’s uncle Streaker around here by a different name.

The ship has sailed, he is seriouysly looking and he is not invested in us. A culture killer - move him on at max return to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back