List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m in the camp of being indifferent to losing rioli but I’d argue that looking at his raw stats and seeing a guy that averages maybe 11-12 posessions and a goal a game doesn’t take into the fact that of those 11-12 kicks maybe 3-4 will be those of a high quality that either cut a play open or hit a guy on the tit leading to a scoring shot that not a lot of players can make.

The argument every port fan seems to want to fall back on is that no one knows the price so how can we claim a compensation based on that whilst conveniently refusing to say what they think their club is offering. They also struggle with the concept of having to pay a premium for a player who is not a free agent.

If they don’t want to play ball on fair terms I’d be doing everything I could next year to walk Georgiades to the PSD at the end of the year.

Walk him to the PSD, Agree with North they take him pick 1. Eagles then take Luke Jackson with pick 2.

BOND 007

Surely we are not impressed with Port Adelaide after todays trade?

From the outside it seems like a huge middle finger to the club and we are being told we will be lucky to get whatever they offer.

I really don't understand why anyone feels the need to justify that we deserve a decent second round pick for Rioli, or Port fans suggesting that he's not worth that much. According to all reports Port has offered him between $500 & $600K a season for 4 years with no conditions. That's the only evidence that you need at what value Port rate him, end of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just have a feeling that WCE are big into Georgiades and have told Port that's what we want, hence why we outright refused 27. Given they need to commit their draft capital elsewhere it makes some sense for Port to come around to swapping a player too rather than using any decent picks on Rioli.

Of course that ignores that I don't know what MG wants to do and that Port being a pack of crunts is also a likely scenario.

I'm running with the theory Eagles have a side deal with Brisbane (15) or Essendon (22) for their pick lined up, so are chasing points in the Rioli trade.

Ports current 33 & 43 equivalent to pick 20 in points. Might be packaged up for Essendons pick.
Or throw in our 38, points equivalent to pick 10. Swap for Brisbane's 15.

Go to draft with 2, 15, 20, & 26 or 2, 20, 22, 26 & 38.

View attachment 1526247

If Port gave us all those middle of the road picks for Rioli and we chuck our 38 in as well.

Would think Port would probably just try to pull off a trade for 15 themselves and give themselves more to work with. Very circular way to get the same result ie 27 out and Rioli in, so surely not on the table.
Deal doesn't work for us. We would lose our last two picks, 46 and 53, because we wouldn't have enough list spots to take them to the draft.

Ideally we would need an earlyish second round pick, a late second and an early third round pick.

We will get a pick back from Gold Coast for Tom Berry, probably pick 56, which we can swing back to you in the deal.

26 + 33 + 40 works for us. For 15 + 56.

We trade our future first and 25 to the Bulldogs for Dunkley.
Take 33+34+35+40+46 to the draft.

Port might just do that as well. They need 1st rounders for JHF.

But I can't see how the Lions trade for Dunkley. Lions future 1st is obvious as they will trade that our to avoid the carry over points dilluting it.

15 and a future 1st for Dunkley?

So then how do they pay for Ashcroft and Fletcher?
We would need the Bulldogs to send us back their second round pick, or a future second round pick which we would on trade to Gold Coast for one of their current second round picks.

Is it true that provided you say “I come in peace” you can say whatever you like? Basically is it the equivalent of “No offence but…”?
I don't like offending people on BigFooty, but I'm going to say sh!t that will unintentionally offend members on an oppo board. Just remember, my heart is in a good place.

Can you only carry the number of picks into the draft equal to your number of list spots? Could you not stockpile 10 picks even if you only have four list spots, given we’re in the era of points and live trading and matching bids?
No.

5 list spots. 5 picks.

I don't like offending people on BigFooty, but I'm going to say sh!t that will unintentionally offend members on an oppo board. Just remember, my heart is in a good place.

You’re fine, as far as I’m concerned.

It was the flood of Port posters coming in peace to tell us we’d have to accept a fourth rounder for Rioli that were grinding my gears

When posters come in here and say , I come in peace, suck s**t or some slightly better worded variant of that

They aren’t going to last long

Posters who come in with a differing view but are able to articulate why will last

There’s a reason why you’re still posting and a trio of port posters have been thread banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back