Inside Mids
Cripps Curnow Setterfield Walsh Williams

Outside Mids
Newnes Cunningham Martin Murphy Dow

Keys/Forwards
Pittonet Levi McKay Jack Fisher

Emg
Gibbons Fogerty

Back to back Richmond look like coming into Rd 1 at full strength apart from Houli. The Blues having finished 11th are dealing with cluster injuries up forward and Zac Williams a doubtful starter . Forgive me that my confidence is waning.
Did you watch them Friday. They looked slow moving the ball and there game play of rushing and scrapping it inside 50 doesn’t seem to fit the new rule. Once it’s a scrap we can just hit up a short lead and then move it all the way inside 50 without them really getting their pressure game on. Run and gun. The issue will be stopping them intercepting our forward 50 entries. If we take care of the ball there we win IMO.

Anticipate that Williams will miss through suspension. Hope that JW and McKay are 100% fit and not varying any niggles.

Round 1 2019 and 2020: Richmond score the first 5 goals

whilst I’m not expecting a win, what would be ideal to see is no opposition surges where we let Richmond score 5+ goals on the trot. Catch up footy is not a successful formula and it saps confidence. We can’t afford to take a quarter before getting accustomed the game.

Round 1 2019 and 2020: Richmond score the first 5 goals

I would think that the AFL would give Williams a green light, after all we all want to see Carltons new prized recruit. Surely he just gets a fine as Hunter played out the game and was not concussion tested till after the game.

From what I’ve seen of the incident, down field kick if it was paid is enough.
Nothing in it. A clumsy start to competitive footy is all.

Kennedy isn’t fit... ctacp (spelling?) said he had done something to his calf (I think?) and was only playing a half this weekend in the reserves.

Stocker has played the 5 games at AFL level in 2019 in the backline after spending a good deal of last year away from the team. He’ll probably need some more time before he’s ready to go into the middle.

Both are currently way below Dow in the pecking order. Could very well be Pitto, Cripps, Ed & Dow in the square with Walsh and Setters on the wings (or some other permutation of those players) for the first bounce of round 1.

One thing about P.Dow, he does have an awkward style of handpassing.

My guess:

FB: Plowman Jones Saad
HB: Docherty Weitering Williamson
C: Walsh E.Curnow Williams
HF: Murphy Casboult Martin
FF: JSOS McKay Fisher

R: Pittonet Cripps Setterfield

Int: SPS, Dow, Fogarty, O'Brien

EMG: Cuningham, Gibbons, McGovern, Betts

Starting to lose faith in Willo as a defender. Fumbly and has a penchant for just running into tacklers. Often stalls forward thrusts. Wing is better suited.

I hardly got to view the Thurs match but saw enough poor disposal to worry me that we’ve STILL got plenty of improvement to make on that front.

Going with your thoughts on LOB. Think Walsh needs to be on the other side.

Parks encouraging in the 2’s. If young Carroll keeps performing & shows elite disposal, an early promotion could be on the cards ✅

Newnes & Gibbo also in the fray.

673F0312-4F78-42C6-BF0A-9EB79EAD8404.jpeg

One thing about P.Dow, he does have an awkward style of handpassing.
Seems to work though. The past two games he’s had some fantastic fast and clean passes with the hands out of congestion to hit a running player for the exit. When he’s going, he seems to make things happen.

Kicking and defensive efforts have always been the concerns but his kicking action appears greatly improved and he’s been able to stick a few tackles (like the one on Steele) and apply a bit of pressure. Think he led us for pressure acts this week.

Still needs to work on that, he can’t quite keep up at times and needs to get some more size in the arms/upper body to make more tackles stick but he’s looked much better in that regards than previous years.

It's time.

Let's roll them.

Let's smash them.

Let's skin them and sell their pelts.

Let's grind their penises into a fine powder and sell it as an aphrodisiac to rich asian businessmen on the darkweb.

Go Blues.

Let's not forget draining their blood and selling it to Charlie Sheen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I understand it this year at the G. 50, 000 allowed.

Allocations: 10,000 AFL Members and 11, 000 MCC members. Corporate’s get 1, 000.

The home team, in this case Richmond, get the rest of the tickets and allocate want they want to the away team. I’ve read they’ll give Carlton about 1, 000 tickets .. so fat chance any of us members have a hope in hell of getting a ticket.

Would not surprise me to see 65k, all clubs/AFL lobbying hard for 2/3 ground capacity for round 1. No more cases before Monday week and I reckon it’s on

We just need the people to be smart and stay the fk home even if they have just a sniffle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sadly we'll get smashed.

Our lack of cohesion against Saints, some of our forwards (Cas, Gov, Eddie) lacking a decent run, our centre bounce work has been poor and we lack pace there if Williams is suspended (which will happen for sure thanks to Slobbo and Ralphy).

Their small forwards looked in good touch and will process us like Saints did.

I expect a slow start as per norm and us spending the next 2.5 quarters pegging back before losing by about 6-7 goals.

Sadly I am now convinced the pressure to suspend Williams will be overwhelming. So who replaces him? For me, it’s stocker. Onballer who can play minutes forward.

Would also run with LOB over Newnes, plus Dow and Cuningham for their explosiveness. Yes, a younger side but sometimes that can provide the energy needed to cause an upset.

Worried about the lack of preparation for our key forwards and the way we hack the ball out of defence, and in to our forward line.

Tigs looked hungry against the pies. Surely we will be ready for the onslaught. It’s whether we can sustain it.

Last edited:
Sadly I am now convinced the pressure to suspend Williams will be overwhelming. So who replaces him? For me, it’s stocker. Onballer who can play minutes forward.

Would also run with LOB over Newnes, plus Dow and Cuningham for their explosiveness. Yes, a younger side but sometimes that can provide the energy needed to cause an upset.

Worried about the lack of preparation for our key forwards and the way we hack the ball out of defence, and in to our forward line.

Tigs looked hungry against the pies. Surely we will be ready for the onslaught. It’s whether we can sustain it.
Obrien or Cunningham on ball with Casboult or betts replacing him forward.

Chance for Walsh to be leading Brownlow pollster for the team this year? I get there feeling he’s going to explode and become close to our most important midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back