Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 19th March 7.40pm (EST) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team looks alright, forward line looks thin.

Think that Williamson is going to end up in the team sooner rather than later.

Going to be a lot of unknown about how we go. Three big names out of the forward line is always going to impact a team.

Going to come down to a bit of grit and determination and above and beyond effort.

So shortened quarters means:

15 min instead of the usual 20. With time on, the quarters will stretch out to 20-25 min instead of ~30 min. Not a big deal imo.

Then we’re a serious chance to be premiers.

In recent years we’ve been competitive for first 25 minutes of quarters - then get slaughtered in the last 5 minutes of quarters.

Perfect!!!!!

Going to be a lot of unknown about how we go. Three big names out of the forward line is always going to impact a team.

Going to come down to a bit of grit and determination and above and beyond effort.

Not a lot of experience with the small forwards.

As goal sneaks who know their way around F50, Dow & Gibbons in particular are playing out of position and both are better as mids.
Compared to Richmond's who have really good F50 nous and know how to turn an opportunity into a score.

I'm not saying TDK has to play every game. But with Mckay & Charlie both out he's the obvious inclusion, and should not be discounted because 'he's not ready.'

I actually don't mind the idea of playing someone that 'isn't ready'..
Beats the hell out of playing someone that 'isn't up to it' as has been the case far too many times over the past decade or so.

I actually don't mind the idea of playing someone that 'isn't ready'..
Beats the hell out of playing someone that 'isn't up to it' as has been the case far too many times over the past decade or so.

We don't have anyone in the 22 that i would classify as obviously 'not up to it' though like we've had in the past with your O'Shea's, Shaws, Langs, Grahams etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Buckley goes whack to Nick Graham wanting to be a supplementary player. 🤣🤣

See new Tweets
Tweet

Nicholas Graham
@nickeygraham

·
4h

“Also making myself available for an AFL Supplementary list. I’m straight off a solid Western Region Div 2 pre season and feeling as good as ever #SuperSub

Dylan Buckley
@dylan_buckley

·
4h

“Hey mate spoke to the Blues... they said they'll just play 1 short.”

He’s still got it young Dyl. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm happy with the team, but I would have Williamson in for Newman.

Anyway, look how much better the team can be with:
Charlie, MacKay, Eddie and of course Williamson!

Don't like that forward line at all, especially when Levi goes in the ruck

Only option now is to bring pittonet in and interchange he and Krooz off the bench
We will be faster than Richmond. Apparently fitter too according to barass70 soldo and nankervis (who hasn’t played a minute of footy over preseason) v Kruezer and Casboult. I’d back our ruck division in easily.

I want to see JSOS go to Martin. Now that he’s got fyfe’s number it would be great to see that. Plus Ed will go to Cotchin. He always goes missing v us (particularly with the Ed tag).

What does everyone think about Willo Dow O’Brien Kennedy missing. What do they do now. God do they get back in without injury occurring. No VFL. Hard to push a player out from that team. I’d say Mckay and Betts come in for Newnes and Cuningham. Interesting few weeks coming up for those two in the squad as if they don’t perform they’re out real quick. There is lots of depth waiting in the wings but good performances will keep them out.

Those are the only reasons?
As I asked what's changed from yesterday?

What will change by tomorrow?

They have all the information they will get (short of a team going into,lockdown with a confirmed case) so why can't they make the call?

We will be faster than Richmond. Apparently fitter too according to barass70 soldo and nankervis (who hasn’t played a minute of footy over preseason) v Kruezer and Casboult. I’d back our ruck division in easily.

I want to see JSOS go to Martin. Now that he’s got fyfe’s number it would be great to see that. Plus Ed will go to Cotchin. He always goes missing v us (particularly with the Ed tag).

What does everyone think about Willo Dow O’Brien Kennedy missing. What do they do now. God do they get back in without injury occurring. No VFL. Hard to push a player out from that team. I’d say Mckay and Betts come in for Newnes and Cuningham. Interesting few weeks coming up for those two in the squad as if they don’t perform they’re out real quick. There is lots of depth waiting in the wings but good performances will keep them out.
Wasn't Dow picked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back