Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel OK about our midfield. Can see us at least breaking even.
If midfield are doing well, some pressure may come off the back-line. We'll need that to come about as we can't cover all their smalls.

Forward line? Bit of a mystery really. Given the addition of McGovern & Fasolo and the fact McKay has only played around a dozen games in total, doesn't exactly make for a cohesive unit.
Can see us getting as many forward 50 entries, but what we do with the ball when it's in there will be interesting.
Apparently the mids have been working all pre season at slowing down opposition ball movement to help out the backline, which I think we saw a fair bit of in the JLT when we got going.

The optimistic feeling you all have now is the same one I had every single year as a Richmond fan and then the damn blue boys would pump us. 2009 was easily the worst! In saying that, you've got the makings of a very good team so hopefully you become a powerhouse again, it's good for the rivalry. Just fail tonight :)
Ahhhh the good old days of pumping Richmond in Rd1, well there back baby so tighten your chin strap and hold on tight cause you boys are going down hard and fast tonight. Go Baggers😂🤙🏽👍🏽

Ok, time to put pressure on myself...

It s all about the Big H for me. This kid is the next big thing.

Was lucky enough to see some numbers yesterday that shows where he's at compared to others in the league, let me tell you he is miles in front of them at this age...

He will kick 4 tonight, we will win and he will be on the back page of the paper in the morning...

There, I said it!

Ok, time to put pressure on myself...

It s all about the Big H for me. This kid is the next big thing.

Was lucky enough to see some numbers yesterday that shows where he's at compared to others in the league, let me tell you he is miles in front of them at this age...

He will kick 4 tonight, we will win and he will be on the back page of the paper in the morning...

There, I said it!

I hope your bloody right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing devil's advocate and we lose by 40 points......don't all come in here like its the end of the world. Realistically we are playing the 1st or 2nd favourite for the flag. If we win awesome but don't expect to win. We would be hoping to get 5-8 wins this year. While im hoping for a win, id be just as happy showing a 4 qtr effort where you can see the improvement in individuals and more importantly playing as a team who knows how the coach wants them to play.
If we lose we lose but if I see any players smiling after we lose I will lose my s**t in a really big way, I want to see the same pain on there faces that will definitely be on all of ours for the next week. 😠😠😠😠

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 hours 40 mins to go!!!

Hoping Lynch is a late withdrawal, have nightmares of him tearing us apart.

I put a tenner on us to be up by two goals at any break, have faith in this side to even slam down a win!

Who is going to be our Matty Wright tonight
I’m hoping it’s Fas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuningham seemed like the JLT version, so my guess would be him.

The main interest for me tonight are the following aspects.

1. Forward structure now that we have three viable talls. We really need to improve the defensive pressure from our smalls.
2. Garlett in the back half - Hoping he can provide run and carry from the backline, like Jetta could for the eagles. Just hope he does not get exposed.
3. Midfield structures, I am looking forward to Cripps getting some help in the midfield, this will allow him to drift forward and kick goals.

I really want our defensive structures to remain intact. Last year, there were too many times when we looked lost in our structures and it certainly looked like they did not understand the game plan.

I fully expect Lynch to be a late withdrawal
I hope not, if it’s even remotely true that he can’t change directions, he is going to be a liability for them on the way out, something the Richmond have been so good at, pressure in forward 50, suddenly 3 talks instead of their standard 1, & one of those who can’t change direction, that changes the equation a bit

I hope not, if it’s even remotely true that he can’t change directions, he is going to be a liability for them on the way out, something the Richmond have been so good at, pressure in forward 50, suddenly 3 talks instead of their standard 1, & one of those who can’t change direction, that changes the equation a bit

Part of me thinks that even a one directional forward like Lynch would be dangerous.

Robbo’s rules for playing footy.

1. When you run out. Look like a footballer.
2. If you win the toss kick with the wind.
3. Be first to the ball.
4. Everything else follows rules 1,2 and 3 and you win the game.

Who is going to be our Matty Wright tonight
I’m hoping it’s Fas!

Gibbons has shown he can do some damage in a similar role, but will have some more responsibility in midfield duties than Wrighty did. Would love Fas to have a ripper night, feel he has a point to prove for a couple of reasons

I love the fact we have so many players on tonights squad who can hit the scoreboard resting as a HF or deep forward after coming from a midfield stint. Fish, SPS, Murph, Cripps etc. First three esp have good goal nous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back