Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsEd Curnow
Half-forwards:Jack MartinZac FisherJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowHarry McKay
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Ollie HollandsJesse MotlopMatthew Owies
Adam Saad
Emergencies:Josh HoneyLochie O'BrienMarc Pittonet
Lachie Plowman

He mentions this long journey on multiple occasions. Even towards the end of last season with a flag to play for he says this is the start of a long journey. Wtf is that? It’s the end of the season and there’s a flag to play for, the head coach is talking long journeys and learning. Strange thing to say for a team in a premiership window. Ross Lyon has taken worse sides to grand finals.

You don’t need a process to decide who the best candidate is when you have a multiple grand final coach available. Insulting to even request such a thing. The Saints did whatever it took to get the best man for the job.
Im curious how the boss would have time to post on BF?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes- Scott said that there will be one more out along with Stewart. They just won't say yet.
I saw Scott's comments. Is this legal?
ie. Can a club lodge a team which includes a player they have already ruled out? Surely there are rules in place to ensure some sort of integrity of the sport.
Asking for a friend

Sick of playing underdone players.

If you're not in the top 5-10 players at the club... then when you're coming back from injury, you go through the 2nds to build form, fitness and confidence.

Guys like Walsh and Cripps are better at 80% than most at 100%. But outside of those types, we just can't carry passengers.

Especially someone with a recurring injury like Jack and his calves from Hell. You're literally begging for him to both play poor and succumb to reinjury.

If they get this with Pittonet why can't they with others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittonet in makes sense to me - frees up Jack to be a third tall and TDK to play more forward time and create mismatches- I'd like to see him stand at around the top of the arc for the centering kick or the kick down the guts - this was tried a few times last year to good effect.

my physio just called... told me Pitto's in!

Excited Seinfeld GIF

Yeah, shallow. Lacking substance. The 'argument' has been debunked to death.

Not the thread for it, but SOS got plenty right, more than bringing two players into the club. Sure he got plenty wrong too, every list manager does.

Which by the way is another fallacy, assuming SOS was responsible for recruiting specific players. We do have recruiters, you know?
Whilst I understand the point you're making, he was head of department & a strong character to boot, there's no way he was delegating our drafting completely. His reaction to securing Stocker reflected someone deeply committed to this side of the role.
Whilst he's certainly not alone in missing on the occasional pick, as LM, he is/was also accountable for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back