Half-forwards:Jack MartinZac FisherJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowHarry McKay
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Ollie HollandsJesse MotlopMatthew Owies
Adam Saad
Emergencies:Josh HoneyLochie O'BrienMarc Pittonet
Lachie Plowman

We'll see tonight, won't we.

Need a couple of them to fire much better than they did last week.
There's more than one way to bin a cat. I hope you saw what I did there.

We'll see tonight, won't we.

Need a couple of them to fire much better than they did last week.
Yep we do & I reckon you'll find a couple of them might. As a professional anything you know when you've had a bad one & if you're worth anything you'll pick & have a crack. Let alone a professional athlete with all of the metrics & KPIs they have daily/weekly they know what they need to do & I think a few will wake up.

220px-Complaint_tablet_to_Ea-Nasir_2020.jpg

Did you get a satisfactory response to this complaint, Thy?

I wonder if we will be a little braver with our ball movement.

It was ugly last week, it was Mick Malthouse's old keep it wide and defensive at it's best. You look at how Collingwood have been playing and how they tore Geelong apart. They play brave, they take risks to get it up the middle and it completely f***s teams 'team defence' when it comes off. Suites them because they have leg speed all over the field so may not suite us. You need that leg speed to apply pressure when it doesn't come off and for run and carry when it does.

I'm willing to guess that teams will be trying this style of ball movement as it just opens the game up so well.

Our tactic of choosing the congested side, not bothering about space, the corridor, switching the play just kicking long and wide. It's not great to watch, it's not going to see us score a great deal but it might help us beat some teams. It does not suite us because we don't have a forward line that can apply heaps of pressure. IMO if you are going to play this way you need that up the front end of the ground. Going up the middle suites our forwards but our midfield is so dreadfully slow it does not really work there. But IMO we need to build a team and evolve our game plan and ball movement to achieve this.

Will we stick to our guns, keep it wide, low scoring and try and win ugly or will we take notice of how Collingwood took risks, went into the middle of the ground a lot and destroyed Geelong the previous week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was ugly last week, it was Mick Malthouse's old keep it wide and defensive at it's best. You look at how Collingwood have been playing and how they tore Geelong apart. They play brave, they take risks to get it up the middle and it completely f***s teams 'team defence' when it comes off. Suites them because they have leg speed all over the field so may not suite us. You need that leg speed to apply pressure when it doesn't come off and for run and carry when it does.

I'm willing to guess that teams will be trying this style of ball movement as it just opens the game up so well.

Our tactic of choosing the congested side, not bothering about space, the corridor, switching the play just kicking long and wide. It's not great to watch, it's not going to see us score a great deal but it might help us beat some teams. It does not suite us because we don't have a forward line that can apply heaps of pressure. IMO if you are going to play this way you need that up the front end of the ground. Going up the middle suites our forwards but our midfield is so dreadfully slow it does not really work there. But IMO we need to build a team and evolve our game plan and ball movement to achieve this.

Will we stick to our guns, keep it wide, low scoring and try and win ugly or will we take notice of how Collingwood took risks, went into the middle of the ground a lot and destroyed Geelong the previous week?
Was at the scum v cats game last week for work. The scum over ran them in the last qtr and a half as much as the cats tried to close them down their spread and run was phenomenal as much as id hate to say it.

Our game plan is evolving, but our coaching team would be silly not to utilise our two spearhead and have crumpets at their feet

KISS - should be our mantra!

What’s the feeling, crew??

Watching Thursday and Friday night last week had me pretty flat tbh, thought we looked a fair way off the pace (literally)

How do we win this? Personally think it’s by making it as contested as possible but unsure how we get them on the spread. George missing also really hurts this

Use of the sub will be interesting, I think we need to start LOB on the ground tonight myself. I’d even be tempted to put Blake at HF and have LOB/Ollie on the wings

C’mon, lads, let’s lift… ffs…

Our game plan is evolving, but our coaching team would be silly not to utilise our two spearhead and have crumpets at their feet

KISS - should be our mantra!
We wanna run and gun all night, like Saady every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back