Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsEd Curnow
Half-forwards:Jack MartinZac FisherJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowHarry McKay
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Ollie HollandsJesse MotlopMatthew Owies
Adam Saad
Emergencies:Josh HoneyLochie O'BrienMarc Pittonet
Lachie Plowman

my physio just called... told me Pitto's in!

Excited Seinfeld GIF

Port Melbourne cubicle 3

He mentions this long journey on multiple occasions. Even towards the end of last season with a flag to play for he says this is the start of a long journey. Wtf is that? It’s the end of the season and there’s a flag to play for, the head coach is talking long journeys and learning. Strange thing to say for a team in a premiership window. Ross Lyon has taken worse sides to grand finals.

You don’t need a process to decide who the best candidate is when you have a multiple grand final coach available. Insulting to even request such a thing. The Saints did whatever it took to get the best man for the job.

You're not wrong about him saying it.

Journey has been a key term used by Voss ever since he was hired.

Then again after year one

“When a new coach comes in with a new team, it’s fresh and new and different. But I hope that excitement is born by what’s ahead of us, the journey ahead of us and what we’ve got to look forward to.”

There are numerous other interviews and news stories where Voss has used the term journey sometimes injecting a length.

It's a theme that he uses to convey the story he's selling the stakeholders - including the players - in the direction he is attempting to take the club.

It basically boils down to the old saying "success isn't achieved overnight" and is incredibly common coach speak.

Geezus… very doom and gloom.

If you carry the same level of pessimism in other areas of life, it may go a long way in explaining your username.

GO BLUES!
Thing is I’m a half glass full guy but I really didn’t like what I saw last week and think we have declined from where we were last year whilst others have improved. I really hope I’m wrong as I love this club and want to see some success after 25years. Not one of those down ramping haters … just don’t see it. Sorry

He mentions this long journey on multiple occasions. Even towards the end of last season with a flag to play for he says this is the start of a long journey. Wtf is that? It’s the end of the season and there’s a flag to play for, the head coach is talking long journeys and learning. Strange thing to say for a team in a premiership window. Ross Lyon has taken worse sides to grand finals.

You don’t need a process to decide who the best candidate is when you have a multiple grand final coach available. Insulting to even request such a thing. The Saints did whatever it took to get the best man for the job.

Relevance to this thread?

If we’re wanting to try stretch them down back, it has to be Pitto.

I’m not convinced it’s the right move, but it does sound somewhat likely.
Going into this game... Or any game with 4 onballers and 0 forwards who go into the middle regularly and effectively and 1 ruckman who is far from a dominant ruck is a recipe for disaster.

I hope Pittonet comes in and hopefully we bring in another midfielder too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relevance to this thread?

Driving to the MCG from home in near peakhour Melbourne traffic.

4 quarters against last year's premier's.

4 premiership points.

What a ******* journey

On reflection, what was said earlier by a good poster was that we are making game plan changes, we had to and this has been confirmed by Voss in his post match conference.

As the result of these changes there will be an adjustment period...

As long as we dance to the tune of one step back and two steps forward - I'm good with that.

But, let's chalk up our first win tonight - us by 13 points :D

Let's go!!!

Love the final line cop out....
I’ll be the first to admit my post was a little strong, I remember the Cats match last year … was hopeful, the6 destroyed us sadly. Dont see where the improvement can come from to beat them. The6 were missing Stewart last year too.

When I think of needing a player with leg speed who can impact up forward and in the middle Dow is not someone who comes to mind as fitting that description.

He's had plenty of games playing forward and midfield minutes and unfortunately hasn't made his mark after 60 games.

Everyone says he's had plenty of games playing this role, but the question is when? It was years ago when we were a terrible side and he was a very raw young player.

He was failing in this role then, he would have failed in this role back then in the VFL as well. What's changed is that he's matured, it was years ago when we did this and he's performing very well in this role in the VFL.

I think it's time to revisit this and give it another try.

As it stands we have no player who can effectively play forward and go on the ball. You can't be a good side like this.

Would Dow be any worse than Fisher was last week who didn't chase, tackle or do much offensively. Or Owies who did nothing. Or Ed Curnow who is limited and slow.

I think it's very close to time we revisit Dow as a midfielder/forward at AFL level, if his performances go close to mirroring his VFL form we are going to be very happy.

If Carlton are to take the next step it needs to come from the young guys who are stuck in the reserves coming into the AFL team and taking us further. Dow, Carroll, Kemp etc. Hollands and Cowan is a step in the right direction but we need to keep finding players and that means developing them well and part of developing a player well is bringing them into the AFL side and having them succeed IMO.

For what it's worth, with only 4 onballers selected in the side and no real forward/mids and the total of them making up a dreadfully slow group, I would not have been disappointed with Dow coming in for Owies to play a forward/mid role.

I agree for the most part but we had too many passengers last week. Even dropping just one of them sends a message.

This has sent no message whatsoever.
Plenty of ways to send messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back