Autopsy Rnd 10 2018 Swans vs Brisvegas

Remove this Banner Ad

The midfield was incredible with 34 disposals, 23 contested, 7 tackles and 7 clearances. Just immense, and irreplaceable by anyone on our list

Sinclair has been good but came up against the best mobile ruckman in the league today. He isn't the first to get absolutely humiliated, and he won't be the last

Ronke is miles ahead of Rohan in terms of game sense, forward pressure, scoreboard impact, and consistency. What a good inclusion

You'd be a very brave person to write off a 27 year old, but Hannebery is on a worrying and consistent downward spiral. Needs a circuit breaker

Stefan Martins career turn around from his melbourne days is impressive

I don't think Sinkers was humiliated at all. He still had some positive impact & his intent was spot on. He did enough after the tap & around the ground IMO to say, sure it wasn't a great game but it also (more importantly) wasn't a bad game by him either.
Martin had 8 clearances, 58 hitouts and was completely dominant today. I'm a long way from being a Sinclair hater, there's no shame in being outclassed by Stef - he's an absolute gun

I dont get the love for Marsh .He regularly turns it over..never seen him win a one out contest .His one kick for the game was nice though .

Marsh’s usually get picked in sides

What a great, insightful response. I think my post was quite logical. At one stage the Lions had 10 plus frees if we are arguing being lucky to me that is lucky. I believe it was the second quarter we had more inside 50s you could argue if we applied more scoreboard pressure we would have been further in front so again you could argue the Lions were lucky to be so close.

We led the whole game. Luck had nothing to do with the win.

Your first post was just as opinionated as mine. But you are right, my response was dismissive

Brisbane won the the following stats
Inside 50s 56-51
9 marks to 4 inside 50
81 tackles to 59
72 Hit Outs to 22
52 Clearance to 40
Free 30 -25. many not paid to Sydney at all

5 of the 6 top rated players were from Brisbane, inc. the top 3

yeah, so i think Sydney got lucky
Our system and defence got us through

Think the umpires were terrible to both teams, far too many free kicks paid to both sides (50m penalties these days a far far too harsh).

- Hewitt was my best on ground, beat Zorko head to head and was huge around the clearances.
- Really liked Marsh's game today, hope he gets a real solid run at it.
- Florent if anything is currently underrated, would have had nearly 600m gained today.

Good win, Brisbane are in decent form, wet weather, away from home.

we were lucky that were so bad in the last quarter. they threw that one away. were all over us. not a good sign.

Martin had 8 clearances, 58 hitouts and was completely dominant today. I'm a long way from being a Sinclair hater, there's no shame in being outclassed by Stef - he's an absolute gun
I never said he wasn't?! o_O

My post addressed Sinclair, not Martin. I thought Sinclair competed hard & did enough to say he played well. Sure Martin got the stats but I genuinely feel like Sinkers wasn't humiliated - Which was the suggestion I was responding to.

Sure Hannebery has been down on his best, but IMO he is getting better not worse.

Stoddart fell into the trap of ball watching & subsequently got caught out by the speed of the game at times, other times he showed there was plenty to work with. Bit one sided, but he will get better.

Sinclair back to his old habits of just hitting the ball for the sake of it.

Buddy is not 100%

Ronke is a gem.

Hewett is Mr Consistent

Florent is another gem.

Hayward is another gem.

Marsh was good and ordinary at different stages. Time for Aliir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was wet weather footy so don't take much out of it. It's a lottery sometimes with how slippery the pill is. Our defence was brilliant and I liked how we moved the ball despite the conditions. Happy to bank the 4 points.

Now what the @#$% was Gardiner's problem? Game was pretty much over, nothing in the tackle and he goes Hayward who is about as clean a young player as you can get. Punches Hayward twice at the bottom of the pack. Hope he gets rubbed out.

P.S. Macca was silky

Your first post was just as opinionated as mine. But you are right, my response was dismissive

Inside 50s 56-51
9 marks to 4 inside 50
81 tackles to 59
72 Hit Outs to 22
52 Clearance to 40

The only reason I even posted that post was because you started playing the luck game. You brought up the luck argument - I just wanted to demonstrate how you could argue the other way. Yes the frees evened up but the lions had 10 plus at one stage early on. Had they not received them perhaps they would have been further behind. Who knows. Kind of like you argue if the lions kicked those goals early in the last we would have lost (however I am not even sure how you can argue that tbh - how do you know what would have happened - perhaps they kick that first one but we go back and kick three in a row). Re the frees there was even one play where Buddy was caught holding the ball in our forward 50 - looked to me like he got a fist to it (I think the commentators saw it that way too), lions went and kicked a goal (I believe there was a free given to the lions in their 50 to get the goal too) - if we are arguing luck that to me is lucky.

I just think you can't argue we were lucky when we were leading the whole game and our defence was sensational - no luck involved. And as you say yourself our system and defence got us through so perhaps that was the difference, not luck.

Inside 50s 56-51
9 marks to 4 inside 50
81 tackles to 59
72 Hit Outs to 22
52 Clearance to 40

Bulldogs won the the inside 50 count against Adelaide two weeks ago. That stat means so much

When was the last time we won the hit out count?

Inside 50s 56-51
9 marks to 4 inside 50
81 tackles to 59
72 Hit Outs to 22
52 Clearance to 40

So out of all that, all I got was Sydney 4 - Brisbane 0...stats are nothing!

Sure Hannebery has been down on his best, but IMO he is getting better not worse.

Stoddart fell into the trap of ball watching & subsequently got caught out by the speed of the game at times, other times he showed there was plenty to work with. Bit one sided, but he will get better.

Sinclair back to his old habits of just hitting the ball for the sake of it.

Buddy is not 100%

Ronke is a gem.

Hewett is Mr Consistent

Florent is another gem.

Hayward is another gem.

Marsh was good and ordinary at different stages. Time for Aliir.
Agree on buddy, seems to be really lacking some penetration on his kicks

I never said he wasn't?! o_O

My post addressed Sinclair, not Martin. I thought Sinclair competed hard & did enough to say he played well. Sure Martin got the stats but I genuinely feel like Sinkers wasn't humiliated - Which was the suggestion I was responding to.
He wasn’t being disrespectful mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back