AFL Toast Rnd 14: Clipped the Hawkes wings

Remove this Banner Ad

20 years of hard-fought marketing, development and effort in Tasmania from the Hawthorn Football Club all to be well outnumbered by their own locals in their own backyard in a Round 14 game.
To be fair, Hawk supporters will only flock during the golden times. As fickle as they come.

my hypothesis is that Draper's game was the best game by an Essendon ruckman that did not involve hitting the scoreboard since the days of Hille/Ryder. I will investigate later
Bellchambers had a 3 touch, 40-50 hitout game against GWS a few years back IIRC where he torched them with like 10 score involvements without hitting the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 wins and percentage above Carlton.

Crowd unbelievable.
AFL pour money into Suns and continue to neglect heartland footy.
wakeup call that AFL should be sending the bigger clubs to Tassie.

They may well be neglecting Tassie but in term of market and TV revenue it does not bring them more money. People in Tasmania already watch AFL.
Gold Coast is a long term plan in a new market in one of the biggest growth areas in Australia. Placing them in the same basket is simply small thinking.

tenor.gif

Just need to sort the turnovers and keep working on getting our team defense working as a better rate. We are currently at 5/10 . Need to find a consistent 7/10 level.

For every minute of that game I aged 3 minutes.

James Stewart mark in the last minute sums it up. Instead of going back and taking all the time in the world and pumping it forward, he looks inside to move it on quickly but realises it's not on. Please.

Great game by Jake and our best 6 were a little better got us over the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back