Preview Rnd 20 - Carlton v GWS Sunday 5th August 1.10PM @ Etihad - Final team Post #322

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
92841290-8d86-4b1c-8ef4-5a243aab6789.jpg

INS & OUTS

Go for it .......

INS: Josh Kelly, Dylan Shiel :D

GWS in good form but we've done well against them in the past.
Unfortunately they get Cameron back.

Likely a 30 or so point loss but after tonight's win i'm optimistic of putting a competitive showing.

OUT - Jacob Weitering (Injured)
IN - Cameron O'Shea
NEED TO LIFT - Jed Lamb, Lochie O'Brien, Jarrod Pickett, Cameron Polson, Sam Rowe

FB -
Caleb Marchbank, Sam Rowe, Jack Silvagni
HB - Ciaran Byrne, Lochie O'Brien, Kade Simpson
C - Darcy Lang, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy
HF - Jed Lamb, Charlie Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton
FF - Jarrod Pickett, Harry McKay, Matthew Wright
R - Matthew Lobbe, Ed Curnow, Paddy Dow
I - Cameron Polson, Cameron O'Shea, Matthew Kennedy, Dale Thomas

E - Patrick Kerr, Nick Graham, Levi Casboult, Jarrod Garlett

WHY OUT?
Looked like a pretty bad cork. Probably would see Weitering out for a week or two.

WHY IN?
I'm not completely warm to the idea, but O'Shea might be the safest option to replace Weiters. Wouldn't surprise me anyway.

WHY NOT?
Wouldn't make much changes after a win like that. Rest Kreuzer for the rest of the year and don't risk him unless Lobbe goes down. Need to condition Macreadie like we did with Byrne and ease him into the game slowly, so no point rushing him in. Kerr could see a spot but it depends on the change of the structure. And I still haven't given up the hope that I'll see Schumacher run with the men this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEED TO LIFT - Jed Lamb, Lochie O'Brien, Jarrod Pickett, Cameron Polson, Sam Rowe

Harsh on LOB there. He has been steadily improving all year, and has been quite good lately including against the Suns. 12 touches and a goal and 5 x I 50's.

Im more than happy with his 1st year. He needs some size, and another 3 preseasons under his belt.

Unless we're managing him, he stays in.

Harsh on LOB there. He has been steadily improving all year, and has been quite good lately including against the Suns. 12 touches and a goal and 5 x I 50's.

Im more than happy with his 1st year. He needs some size, and another 3 preseasons under his belt.

Unless we're managing him, he stays in.

Don't get me wrong, I do think he's having a good year. The 5 players I list as 'need to lift', are usually just some that come of a 'not so great' game but avoid omission.

He was just one of five. I saw 17 other players in the win perform their role relatively better.

Don't get me wrong, I do think he's having a good year. The 5 players I list as 'need to lift', are usually just some that come of a 'not so great' game but avoid omission.

He was just one of five. I saw 17 other players in the win perform their role relatively better.

He's got some competition in that rebounding HBF/ medium defender role now that Byrne is back (who played well for a 1st game back after a horror run with injuries lately) plus Simpson (and Docherty next year).

Having Byrne back let him play more as a half forward (he had 4 or 5 I50's this match). I think a roaming half forward is a better spot for him. Nice kick and good endurance, but lacking the size and strength for defensive work at present.

He's still 18 for another month. Was a bottom ager last year. Got time to work on those guns in gym and fill out.

Out: Pickett (dropped), Weitering?? (inj), McKay (dropped)
In: Kerridge, Kerr, Shaw

Shaw in if Weitering out, Kerridge to replace Pickett who is not doing enough in the seniors, McKay needs to go back and get some more of the ball and Kerr deserves his spot.

Shaw in if Weitering out, Kerridge to replace Pickett who is not doing enough in the seniors, McKay needs to go back and get some more of the ball and Kerr deserves his spot.

Think they’ll run Pickett for the remainder of the season, needs to play in the seniors to get amongst it.

McKay, don’t subscribe to any of that.

Yes true to those
Maybe Mullett for Shaw?

Not a chance mckay will be dropped imo building nicely unless its a management thing wont be dropped on form .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back