Preview Rnd 23 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 26th August 4.35PM @ SCG - Team post #143

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to lose and hope the boys give it their best, who knows.
Swans will be keen and urgently needing to win well , home ground advantage too, so a very big challenge.
Swans will go very close to wining the cup this tpyear, great talent across the whole team only one or two players were weakish against the Crows.
Just loved Mills and Heeney's games so
young and gifted players that really stood up when it counted in the last.

Unfortunately not. the only chance we'd have is locking it down on our defensive terms and i just dont think the way this team is playing right now it will be possible.
they'll have alot of players back from last time we played them. incredible offensive power and the motivation of a top four spot...
That said, you never know with this team...

Out: Smedts, Kerridge
In: Cunners, Mckay

Why would you want Kerridge out? He was one of our best and is getting better every week.

Why would you want Kerridge out? He was one of our best and is getting better every week.

maybe it is a little harsh. I just think he just butchers it far too often and don't think that's improving any time soon.
i dont think hes been gettin better, i think hes been doing what he always does, get alot of the ball but not using it too well so while i think he works hard i'd rather another good user of the ball in...
maybe he stays and we wait till next year...

maybe it is a little harsh. I just think he just butchers it far too often and don't think that's improving any time soon.
i dont think hes been gettin better, i think hes been doing what he always does, get alot of the ball but not using it too well so while i think he works hard i'd rather another good user of the ball in...

I think Kerridge will always be a depth player but let's give credit where credit is due. His disposal efficiency was at 83% against WC and 70% this week. I think for a guy that works so hard on pressure, tackling and two way running, seems like that part of his game has improved recently

I think Kerridge will always be a depth player but let's give credit where credit is due. His disposal efficiency was at 83% against WC and 70% this week. I think for a guy that works so hard on pressure, tackling and two way running, seems like that part of his game has improved recently

Kerridge was good but there's little surprise in calling him out as a two touch player.
The game won't allow you to take more than a split second to take possession and to move the ball, off to advantage.

Sam may well be part of our squad for some time to come and good on him for that, but he won't get away with 'having a think about things' with ball in hand. Game is much too fast for that. He will have to adapt.

INS & OUTS.

Does anyone think we are a slight chance next week. :(

Yes, we have an ok record against them.

Their one on one game plan doesn't do as well against a kick & keep possession game. As shown against their games against the Hawks

They have a very slim chance of making top 4 regardless of a win, so they probably won't be as desperate.

OUT - Billie Smedts (Injured/Omitted), Jack Silvagni (Injured/Omitted)

IN - Nick Graham, Dennis Armfield

FB - Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Ciaran Byrne
HB - Jacob Weitering, Sam Docherty, Kade Simpson
C - Zac Fisher, Samo Petrevski-Seton, Blaine Boekhorst
HF - Jed Lamb, Charlie Curnow, Nick Graham
FF - Matthew Wright, Levi Casboult, Dale Thomas
R - Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
I - Dennis Armfield, Sam Kerridge, Jarrod Pickett, Tom Williamson

E - David Cuningham, Kristian Jaksch, Jack Silvagni

Smedts and J.Silvagni the likely two out.

Armfield might get one last game. Graham probably in as well.

Can't wait.

Have bloody at them. The swannies are ripe for a loss; we're just off a win. We're probably going to lose, but we've nothing to be gained or lost at this point.

They've got a two week break, finals, injury, freshness. They've only lost to Hawthorn since we showed them a fresh set of heels. They've got every reason to take it easy; we've none of that.

Let's burn them, cook them. Let's let them take the lead a few times, only to beat them completely. Let's show them the Blues that we'll be next year.

All of a sudden, I'm filled with a sudden joy. We won yesterday, put the Hawks out of the finals. Let's give the other birds a scare, so that when they win the flag the rest of the comp is put on notice; you just watch us, for the last side we beat took it all home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we can win this one. Last chance to play, grow and learn under bolts for the year. Wouldn't mind seeing some small amounts of experimentation but ultimately playing against sydney is a golden opportunity for all our lads. I think Jones can run and give buddy a headache. Like to see a solid showing with zero injuries.

no no no no no no no no no no no no idea sorry

Keg v Hawks - 24 possessions, 12 contested, 7 tackles, 6 marks, 6 clearances, 71 % disposal efficiency (same as marc murphy) 89% TG%, 100 points....

I think this game could get ugly for us....I celebrated hard during and after the game on the weekend ending up with the mother of all tumours Sunday morning in the likelihood of a shellacking this weekend.

Swans need all the % they can get, they'll also want to make us pay for round 6 even though they should thank us...anything within 6-7 goals and I'll be stoked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back