No Oppo Supporters RND 24: Thank * It’s Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Trolls will not be tolerated

Looney Tunes Explosion GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Okay so take this with a grain of salt as I'm very tired and drunk

HIGHLIGHTS:

1. Zac Merrett clearly cares for the club more than the members of staff. I think he played relatively well given the result.
  2. BZT (if he stays)/Ridley/Redman will make a good core lineup of defenders. I didn't really rate/care for BZT at the start of the season, but sans some performances vs Geelong I think he's really performed well and SHOULD be offered another contract - If Dyson Heppell can get one, he deserves one too.
  3. While his impact wasn't too big, I think that Will Setterfield added some physicality to the middle, and had the most tackles in the game coming off what was essentially a season ending foot injury. Hopefully he gets a full pre-season in because I think that will provide Essendon with a lot of midfield physicality that we're so desperately missing.
  4. Although the pies take the foot off the pedal in the 2nd half, I think our defense didn't do too bad, considering their midfield had easy entries into it all night.
  5. Accuracy not withstanding, I think Kyle Langford had a solid outing... Given the scoreline.
  6. Was nice to see Walla on the ground again, though his impact was limited and clearly wasn't fit. A win for the send off would've been amazing but that was never in the cards.
NEGATIVES
  1. I cannot wait for heads to roll, the trash needs to be cleared out and removed from our list. What does Will Snelling offer to the team? Someone who's his height generally has decent pace (like most small forwards) or has good foot skills and is hyper aggressive and physical (like Caleb Daniel). In the past I'd say his physicality is good, but other than that I just don't know how he keeps getting games and doing absolutely nothing of note in them. Nick Cox is in the same boat for me. He's like 201cm tall, and plays like he's 180cm, he looks like a headless chicken, his ball skills are pretty shocking, drops easy marks, and is generally unimpressive. Tonight was what broke his place in the side for me. I don't see him getting picked much next year unless he has an impressive offseason, he doesn't deserve his contract extension.
  2. Do we have a strength and conditioning coach? Our players looked rooted for the past month, and have little to no physicality. From the get go, hardly any tackles were sticking. Our basic skills are continuously called into question (or should be at least) and nothing changes. How the * can you be paid more $300'000 and fail at the basics of football that are taught at Auskick when you're 5 years old. Please learn to hit a target. I've not played football since 2016 and I'm sure as hell that I could still kick a 40m drop punt and hit a target 8/10 times.
  3. Hardly anyone in our midfield is accountable for their players, It's happened all year but it was evident tonight. Clearly a lot of this comes down to everyone being mentally checked out/ not giving a s*t but it was so embarrassing to see all the ****** spread constantly from pies players not being shut down.
  4. The Club clearly doesn't give a s**t about supporters or else the players would've actually tried to end the season on a high note. In 2015, an arguably worse season. We had nothing but pride to play for, and we didn't even play for that tonight. Embarrassing
  5. I cannot ******* believe that Sam Weideman kicked 2/3rds of our goals. He didn't play badly, sure, but * me man.
You'd think that we'd actually try after our embarrassment last year.

Way to celebrate 86'000 members this year, I hope the kid that won $60 doesn't spend it on this godforsaken club. These results are why we booted Rutten.

Nothing ever changes.
bladerunner-1563989733.jpg

I hope a reaper or a mafioso turns up to Dodoro's house and does the deed, he's a blight that needs to be eradicated. It's truly embarrassing.
Man you type well for a drunk fella!

Learn how to tackle
Scott mentions the basics in the next pre season - Why can't we tackle? The Collingwood guy ran through 3 of ours but you knew it was going to happen. It has been a problem for years - go back to that horrid final in Perth and WCE players just ran straight through our guys at every opportunity. It still isn't fixed 1400 days later. Surely the players have been taught technique - I suspect it is more they don't like physical contact or aren't strong enough. It can't be that hard.

How Dodo remains in his position is one of the great mysteries of life.

And this year theyll finish below us

The amazing thing is, if we do finish above the Cats it will be the first time in exactly 20 years we have finished higher than them

How is it possible with a salary cap for one club to finish ahead of another for 20 bloody years? It takes a special kind of incompetence.

I did a calculation and, presuming it is 50/50 each year, the chances of one club finishing above another for 20 consecutive years is 1 in 1,048,576

We literally achieved a one in a million. Well done Essendon.

Referencing the hangover WE ARE JUST CHOK!

My issue is that there is to many players are the same. I reckon some serious decisions need to be made on the list

Ok I am gong to put player v player as we have to many same same players

Parish v Sheil - go Darcy please just go, Essendon do not fold to him!

Zerk v Baldwin - zerk gone, at least Baldwin’s body is bigger

Durham v Martin - like them both but both don’t defend on the wings one needs to find a different posistion

McGrath v Kelly - Goodbye kelly, but McGrath needs to learn to shut down a player first

Weideman v Cox - Cox is just to skinny for mine, Both won’t make it!

Snelling v Guelfi - Goodbye snelling ( guelfi is a list clogger)

Menzie v Hunter - hunter has shown more with a broken back

Perkins v no mans land - no mans land wins where has the development in this kid what a waste of a draft, Perkins, Cox Reid have been!

Tippa v stringer - I look skinner in a jumper and I’m carrying 110 kegs

Tsastis v Hobbs- kicking skills are deplorable thanks dodo

What I want desperately! More games into Bryan, Hobbs tsastis, Reid, Davey and Jones.

A game plan where handballing is banned

Learn how to tackle

Fitness is needed

Where is the mongrel of Johnson, Solomon, Wallis, Harvey, long, bring back the hard edge!

Watching the presser and the first crack pre-season will be brutal but we have all heard this before!
that play in the first minute or so when we had about 8 handballs all into trouble then turnover with Pies 2 quick handballs, 1 kick into fwd 50 & goal, summed up everything.

Oh and Brad said they’re going to have to take extraordinary measures to bridge the gap between us and the best teams.

He talks s**t like that all the time - and then plays Weideman.

Was a tough player, but is the most spineless, gutless coach in the league.

He also praised McGrath’s leadership - a player who chose not to tackle/make contact multiple times tonight.

Scott’s a walking example of why we’ve been so bad for so long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He talks s**t like that all the time - and then plays Weideman.

Was a tough player, but is the most spineless, gutless coach in the league.

He also praised McGrath’s leadership - a player who chose not to tackle/make contact multiple times tonight.

Scott’s a walking example of why we’ve been so bad for so long
He mentioned McGrath is terms of setting standards for training and preparation.

Also, tbf, Weed was not our worst tonight.

He mentioned McGrath is terms of setting standards for training and preparation.

Also, tbf, Weed was not our worst tonight.
he clunked a few marks, better than most. kicked 2 easy goals but that's 2 more than anyone else in our side

obviously not impressed but it was a master stroke

edit: caps whjoops

Solid Presser from Scott.

I have this itchy feeling that these results were somewhat manufactured....

Essendon is a classic for getting ahead of themselves and this year was looking as the perfext example "We made finals, the list is good, we're not far off"

Maybe this will help enforce the changes the need to happen including list changes... and list manager changes. 🤞

Afterall we didn't lose because we played a bunch of kids. It was mostly our senior players out there still.

I have a funny feeling there were players out there tonight that Brad doesn't rate, and I'm not talking about those who struggled to get in and stay in the side like Bryan.

I'll stand by what I've many times... we are likely and should be a bottom four side next seasons and fans need to be prepared and accept and the board needs to accept this.

Scott mentions the basics in the next pre season - Why can't we tackle? The Collingwood guy ran through 3 of ours but you knew it was going to happen. It has been a problem for years - go back to that horrid final in Perth and WCE players just ran straight through our guys at every opportunity. It still isn't fixed 1400 days later. Surely the players have been taught technique - I suspect it is more they don't like physical contact or aren't strong enough. It can't be that hard.
Let's draft Tsatas

On the plus side. I am very very very drunk

On the minus side. I had to sit through that

whoever our strength and conditioning coach is must be living the life of riley, doing. nothing for the club and getting paid for it.

laughable, essendon is a joke sometimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back