Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

hollands in easy decision our forward entries and scoring power outside the two talks has been poor the wasted opportunities from outside 50 coming in against the tigers was stark .. Motlop later and Martin will make difference --
I see someone say Marchbank - there a possibility kemp goes fwd for Kennedy ? Hope moir comes on like fritsch in his first year

Getting the BBQ ready for tomorrow-- Salmon steaks
Delicious

I wonder if they would move 1 of them forward? Can't possibly drop Boyd, and Kemp would be stiff.
It's the forwards who've been struggling more.
Stiff is what happens when you have depth.

Think we'll be fine up front with Elijah being an in.

Kemp as a 3rd forward has been floated here before but Voss has shown he doesn't throw the players around and plays them in their practiced positions.

Last edited:
hollands in easy decision our forward entries and scoring power outside the two talks has been poor the wasted opportunities from outside 50 coming in against the tigers was stark .. Motlop later and Martin will make difference --
I see someone say Marchbank - there a possibility kemp goes fwd for Kennedy ? Hope moir comes on like fritsch in his first year

Getting the BBQ ready for tomorrow-- Salmon steaks
Love to see Kemp forward - so long as he stays away from King C & Big H!

Kemp might go to the bench or asked to play on a smaller player. With Mcgovern and Kemp being quite mobile, I could see us playing tall in the backline with all 4 of Weiters, March, McGov and Kemp.

Having said that, I feel like Kemp will be dropped.

INS: Weitering, Marchbank, Hollands
OUTS: Young, Kemp, Orazio

TEAM:
Newman Weitering McGovern
Saad Marchbank Williams

O.Hollands Cripps Acres
TDK Cerra Hewett

Hollands Harry Fogarty
Cuningham Charlie Owies

Boyd Carroll Cottrell Kennedy
Sub: Akuei

FUTURE INS: Walsh, Martin, Motlop
FUTURE OUTS: Carroll, Owies, Kennedy (replaces Akuei as sub)

For those living overseas, where can this game be watched online? Does CH7 have a website with live stream?

I use this everytime. Works brilliantly anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Elijah has a ripper first game for the club. Weitering named and confirmed tonight will make me very happy. Think they’ll put up a fight for a half but we can and will kick away 2nd half.

I’m of the belief that North have more overall talent than Richmond. We should have towelled the black & yellow plonkers up, but kept them in it with some average intensity at times.
My Grandad, who was a personal friend of the Dalai Lama, used to say………
……….
Life is like a box of chocolates and if you want them all you better be ready to beat the s**t out of anyone else who’s hungry.

The end😁

Funny......I thought that was a Mike Tyson quote or was it Lieutenant Dan? :think:

Not my preference but wonder if Marchbank for Boyd is a possibility. Gov can play small and we have gone this way before.

Hollands for Durdin seems obvious. The big question is who gets relegated to sub. Based on team balance it could be any of Fanta, Cunners, Fog, Hollands himself or maybe even Kennedy or Carroll (if we switch Kennedy mid with hollands taking his forward spot).

Could even go Kemp if he's dropped for Marchbank. A bit of a risk if we lose a runner but provides cover for both the key backs returning from injury.
If it was a defender for a defender, Boyd would definitely be my preference, as Gov and Kemp can play on most opponents that Boyd plays on, probably all of them. They also run forward better than him.

But I suspect it will be a forward that gets dropped instead and Kemp is sent forward or into the middle.

Kemp will be stiff as he showed true glimpses against the Tiggers.

But if the club thinks Marchy is fit enough, then you play him. He’s more assured than Kemp 1v1. He reads the ball beautifully. His disposal isn’t great… but that’s a Kemp problem as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kemp was our best defender alongside Saad last week, no point to dropping him even if you don't like the odd mistake, as he sets up plenty of play. Playing at the level well and truly, but might be more useful up the ground.

Focus on what Kennedy, Boyd, and Cuningham are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back