Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

No Sam Durdin in the VFL. As far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Yeah I’d turn kemp into a 3rd tall/mid type player. IMO he’d be great in the guts. Strong and has a burst of speed
Yes. Please try this. We have a medium/tall 3rd Fwd gap due to SOS and Martin not there. IMO Kemp has attacking mindset, speed, height and a great mark.

If it was my call I’d be including him in the forward meeting and training drills and (perhaps trial in VFL ) then give him a run there

It's not supposed to be stats under a microscope. It's just comparing age and experience, and height is more about the respective balance of the sides. How many talls or third talls and where one team could get another. A few cms in a key forward don't do much to alter that surface level analysis.
It's nothing to do with your spreadsheet, you deserve kudos for a good resource. Just interested if H is 204 or 200. He definitely came in at the bigger height.

It's nothing to do with your spreadsheet, you deserve kudos for a good resource. Just interested if H is 204 or 200. He definitely came in at the bigger height.

Oh, I know the spreadsheet isn't a problem. I'd like accurate stats to be kept too. I thought the club updated this stuff every year. In fact, I thought they had different heights last year, but have seemingly gone back again.

AFL tables has H at 204cm. Carlton, FootyWire and zerohanger have him at 200cm.

It's not supposed to be stats under a microscope. It's just comparing age and experience, and height is more about the respective balance of the sides.

I don't think H would fit under a microscope...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list of brothers who have played in the same Carlton team is an interesting one. It leads me to wonder who people think were the best brothers to play for Carlton?

I would go Ed and Charlie, over Stephen and David Kernahan. But there are brothers in the list I don’t even know, so perhaps I am missing a stand out candidate.
Hopefully Ollie & Elijah can be the best of all of them? I've got a good feeling about this combo!

I say, just sit down and watch that champion Blake Acres go around again. Absolute heart and soul player. You’ve got to enjoy one of those types when you’ve got them. Just like Peter Dean back in the day.

Blacres we salute you!

Go Blues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back