Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

I think I’m on my Pat Malone here, but I would prefer Kemp in the team over Marchbank.

Bringing Weiters in strengthens our backline. Bringing in another safe defender like Marchy doesn’t make it whole lot stronger imo. Would prefer the attacking mindset of Kemp in an attacking game plan than Marchys mark, stop wait weigh up options style of play.

I’m in the kemp camp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brodie Kemp doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who would take a demotion in round 3 as a season ending vote of no confidence. He will go back, work on his game with the support of the coaches, and come back better than before.

Probably also knows that Marchbank was ahead of him most of preseason and while Kemp did ok in the early rounds, he didn't quite grab his chance to keep Marchy out.

Given where the team is I think we need to change our mindset about team selection. You get talk about how certain players don't deserve to be dropped, particularly when we win. Being dropped doesn't have to shameful and doesn't even need to mean the player was poor. If there is a way to improve the team, we need to do it and find the appropriate player to make way.

Gone are the days where you had to be really poor to lose your place in the team. Even further gone are the days where you could be really poor not lose your place because there is nobody to replace you with.

We are trying to build a top end team. Losing your spot doesn't mean you aren't good enough. It just means there is someone better.

Goes to show how far our list has come when these discussions happen. I think Kempy has all the traits to be picked every week but does need to work on that one on one aspect of his game. Also, his distribution when kicking between 25-30m can be inconsistent sometimes too.

Let Caleb come in today and prove he deserves a spot, if he plays with the form he had at the tail end last season he will make it hard for Kemp to earn his spot back. He was very solid. Vossy obviously values him and thinks he’s worthy of a spot.

I think Kemp should be playing too. But it’s nice to have options and depth whom we can trust. Backline looks great on paper today. Lets smash em

Brodie Kemp doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who would take a demotion in round 3 as a season ending vote of no confidence. He will go back, work on his game with the support of the coaches, and come back better than before.
agree, his intercept marking potential is huge which is highly valued in today;s game

Them - Unchanged

240328-MD-Team-Selection-R3-IG-02.jpg
Looking forward to seeing the Kanga's young guns in action.
Sheezel, LDU. Mckercher, Wardlaw and Duursma.

Hoping the forwards develop some cohesion today - Fantasia , Owies and Durdin will need to perform to hold their spots.

Losing the pace of Cuningham hurts but Hollands is as good as a replacement you can ask for; staying involved as a high half-forward is hard so interested to see how they try to balance the role with some midfield minutes.

Prefer Kennedy as sub; I think the lack of a dedicated 3rd marking target isn’t crucial today and all of Fantasia, Hollands and Cottrell are at least competent overhead.

We look slow in the midfield against their young brigade (but I thought that every game last year in our ‘streak’) so looking forward to the contested game being (hopefully) played on our terms.

Blues by 30, with an open first half and tighter second.

The backline looks great midfield only wanting for one man -- but I personally like a third marking target up front if you are playing a fwd /ruck .. Martin out for me leaves either lemmey moir or re tooling kemp.. it's old news and I wouldn't move him but this the sort of fwd line McGovern would have been good for ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marchbank probably a safer defender but not as mobile. Disposal is definitely on the dicey side.
Weitering too good to keep out, hopefully fit enough.
Kemp has enough tricks to be good elsewhere on the ground, if there's a spot.

Until we're 5 goals up with 5 minutes to play and kicking with a 5 goal wind, I can't discount any side. Should be able to outrun their kids in the second half though.
EFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back