Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

I think we need to temper our expectations for Weiters (I hope I’m wrong) but he hasn’t played for the whole year and Young is battle tested and has played reasonably well in the last two games he played in my opinion. Don’t expect Weiters to resume the level of play that he had towards the end of last year. I think this is a risk that might backfire against North Melbourne which showed that they can play above their pay grade…. Just saying…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when do we bring him in?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So when do we bring him in?

Yeah, I think it’s a role of the dice and I agree with you we’ve got to bring Weiters in. I just have a feeling he’s gonna be subpar … I’m concerned that he might not be battle already. That’s all I’m saying. The good news is it’s North Melbourne it’s not GWS… but I’m just calling out that you should not assume they will be a pushover is their home game? It’s a big deal for the their club in front of a huge TV audience . Maybe we give Weiters a spell in the VFL for next week? I know that’s like spitting on the pope - but I have my concerns - that’s all I’m saying…

Last edited:
Two ways to look at it when considering returning players….

1) bring in against Roos to ease them back in…little bit less pressure

2) don’t bring them in as they aren’t desperately needed against a low ranking team like Roos

I’m not sure which way we go but I’d err on side of caution and give em another week to really really get them selves right.

Only 1cm difference in height between Kennedy & E. Hollands (190 cm v 189cm). Hoping that we get to find out what he has got to offer. Matt Kennedy hasn't been horrible (although Vlaustin carved us a bit) but has only taken 6 marks in his 2 games.

Happy with whatever way Vossy & M.C. go though.
Hard for him to take marks when no one kicks it to him.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think if he’s ready to go you play him.

It’s not just playing on his opponent it’s the leadership and organising the backline as well.

I really like your logic and belief … from your lips to gods ears!!!

I will be watching the game on TV and hoping for a 45 point - 60 point, victory and for Weiters to be the Great wall of China out there… but, I feel like having being a Carlton supporter for all these years has given me post traumatic stress syndrome…a bit gun shy

Excited Weitering will be back this week. He’s definitely our most important cog and I’m wrapped we are 2-0 without him.

EHollands imo plays this game and I think we all can’t wait to see what he adds.

And hopefully Motlop is back this week. He looked ripped as F during preseason and looks like he could shrug many more tackles this year.

As for outs, I only have Fantasia at this stage as I think everyone else has played their parts with so many of our elite players out.

I’m expecting Walsh back for round 5 against the Crows in Melbourne.

Excited Weitering will be back this week. He’s definitely our most important cog and I’m wrapped we are 2-0 without him.

EHollands imo plays this game and I think we all can’t wait to see what he adds.

And hopefully Motlop is back this week. He looked ripped as F during preseason and looks like he could shrug many more tackles this year.

As for outs, I only have Fantasia at this stage as I think everyone else has played their parts with so many of our elite players out.

I’m expecting Walsh back for round 5 against the Crows in Melbourne.

Agree can’t see him travelling even though it’s only Adelaide especially with a back injury just no need for it.

Would rather Cunners as sub and play Kennedy for most of the game. He's as close to a third tall marking target that we have until Martin comes in.
I think having a 3rd tall is over rated.

We’ve got two of the best talls in the comp - they need to earn their keep and set around them 4 “smalls” who pressure, feed, tackle - generally cause havoc.

I’d like to see fog & cunners & fantasia kept , Kennedy out.

Actually not rusted on, in terms of set changes apart from the inclusion of Weitering and would be satisfied with a number of options

Based on fitness, form

Preferred/Option

Gov Weitering Newman
Williams Kemp/Marchbank Saad
Boyd

TDK Cerra Hewett
O Hollands Cripps Acres
Cottrell Carroll

Elijah/Kennedy Harry Fog/Owies
Motlop/Fantasia Charlie Cuners/Durdin

Wondering if Pitto or even Young play as a 2nd ruck

If Marchbank is fit he comes straight back in. Far too good a player to leave out. More than good enough to come straight back in after a few weeks off with illness. The guy has come in after years off and no preseason and done well. He's had a good preseason and missed a few weeks with illness. Seems far too underrated on here.

Would we bring him in and try Kemp forward? A lot on here are pushing for Kemp forward. I was thinking Moir. It's hard to know not being close to training. We need the extra target up forward.
Marchbank hasn't played any games this year. Hard to bring in a player without and match fitness especially after a bad virus. Will play a few games in the twos before being considered for selection.

I’m of the belief that North have more overall talent than Richmond. We should have towelled the black & yellow plonkers up, but kept them in it with some average intensity at times.
My Grandad, who was a personal friend of the Dalai Lama, used to say………
……….
Life is like a box of chocolates and if you want them all you better be ready to beat the s**t out of anyone else who’s hungry.

The end😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to temper our expectations for Weiters (I hope I’m wrong) but he hasn’t played for the whole year and Young is battle tested and has played reasonably well in the last two games he played in my opinion. Don’t expect Weiters to resume the level of play that he had towards the end of last year. I think this is a risk that might backfire against North Melbourne which showed that they can play above their pay grade…. Just saying…

Let's be serious, a half fit wieters is still miles ahead of Young. You need two hands to count the goals he's let through by losing one on ones.

So reading posts on here re who is coming in it’s seems that no one is coming out.

If it’s not Cunners/Orazio/Young that some here have alluded to then who are the ones coming out.

You’d think it’s minimum 2 changes (I’m thinking 3) who are they?

Not sure that right!

His defensive roles on the dangerous HB’s has been exceptional.

If you let him off the chain, he will punish you going the other way.
12 disposals and average of 4 tackles per game probably doesn’t cut it for his average of 77% TOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back