• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 62 27.3%
  • Hugo Ralphsmith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you mean John Northey? The AFL didn’t screw us other we did that ourselves. Northeys contract was up for renewal and Richmond tried to do a short extension which would have lined his contract expiry up with Kevin Sherry’s at Essendon Northey left and we didn’t get Sheedy. Makes me appreciate Peggie and Benny all the more given how bad we used to be

Not to digress, but Northey should have backed himself in.
But most who played under him say his 'fire and brimstone' tactics and message wear pretty thin after a while and it can only take you so far, as it did with us and the Dees.

I assume you mean John Northey? The AFL didn’t screw us other we did that ourselves. Northeys contract was up for renewal and Richmond tried to do a short extension which would have lined his contract expiry up with Kevin Sherry’s at Essendon Northey left and we didn’t get Sheedy. Makes me appreciate Peggie and Benny all the more given how bad we used to be
Yeah Sheedy was always teasing us about coming back to Richmond. Used us to wedge the bummers into re-signing him on bigger dollars numerous times

For the same reason we wouldn't extend his contract... We didn't want to keep him ... Sheedy was out of contract at Essendon the end of the next year and we were planning on dumping one ex Richmond premiership player for another.
Yeah fair play... Daphne was quite emphatic tho but I guess that shows how volatile punt road was to work in.

I was 12 when northey left. I remember being gutted. Thank * Dimma came in

For the same reason we wouldn't extend his contract... We didn't want to keep him ... Sheedy was out of contract at Essendon the end of the next year and we were planning on dumping one ex Richmond premiership player for another.
wouldve pushed for a flag in 96 with Richo back and northey at the helm

wouldve locked it in if we got plugger

He's always been money hungry and went up to Brisbane where he saw a gold mine and went back to Richmond and picked a fight with them. Tom Hafey told me this himself.
Nothing a lot of us wouldn't do in our own work situations - mind you, it would probably backfire on us too.
It is what it is.
In the end, he got his pay rise and he sleeps comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasn't the Plugger situation earlier .. like '93 or '94??
was in 94 but we wouldve been balls deep in flag contention with plugger and northey for years to come

plugger and richo forward fmd wouldve been unstoppable

Great win, but my ******* god how badly does the AFL need an honest journalist to do a clinical analysis of how bad the umpiring is. The AFL is in denial and needs a wake up call ASAP.

It won't change until the club has the balls to stand up and make an issue of it.
One not so subtle backhander in a presser and cop the $10,000 fine (which we can afford) and we'll be right.
But we won't!
We don't help ourselves.
T-shirt Tommy would have done it ... and did on occasion.

Salty, I like it. 😁
Never wanted the p-ick at our club and don`t want his votes either. Despised the man since seeing him paly fro Carlton where he was an over-hyped "media champion" who absolutely lived in the shadow of the great
Royce Hart. He couldn`t play, couldn`t coach and shouldn`t comment from where I stand. Maybe he should go for a name change to..................No Idea!

was in 94 but we wouldve been balls deep in flag contention with plugger and northey for years to come

plugger and richo forward fmd wouldve been unstoppable

Still remember the day it was announced and where I was.
A bit like how people remember where they were when JFK was shot or when man landed on the moon.
Was on a high for days and then the corrupt AFL burst my balloon.

Still remember the day it was announced and where I was.
A bit like how people remember where they were when JFK was shot or when man landed on the moon.
Was on a high for days and then the corrupt AFL burst my balloon.
buzz aldrin remembers where he was when the moon landing happened too

in a movie studio

Never wanted the p-ick at our club and don`t want his votes either. Despised the man since seeing him paly fro Carlton where he was an over-hyped "media champion" who absolutely lived in the shadow of the great
Royce Hart. He couldn`t play, couldn`t coach and shouldn`t comment from where I stand. Maybe he should go for a name change to..................No Idea!

Couldn't coach .. lol.
He's a premiership coach and widely regarded as a tactical genius and one of the game's great innovators.
Don't let your own saltiness get in the way of facts.

PS Have met and mixed with Wallsy a few times over the years,. Speaks very fondly of some of the relationships he cultivated with players and some officials from his time at Richmond, albeit he admits the faithful never embraced him due to his Carlton links.
When you think of it, it;s as petty as Carlton people bagging Balme for the atrocities he caused over the years.
People change, just not your average Big Footy poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back