• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait to see what dimma does with George and Rioli. Has he got the balls to drop both of them.
What other top side would Aarts get a game in??? None- just such an average player but keeps getting a game in our side. Been putting to much faith in those types.
Dimma has to make the changes now.

There are others that need to be replaced in the side. We continue to give chance after chance to players that are not up to the task. I don't get how the coaches cannot see where the problems are. It is plain for us.

I am still fuming about that free against Pickett for the perfect tackle. Resulted in a goal to them - there is the game!

I am still fuming about that free against Pickett for the perfect tackle. Resulted in a goal to them - there is the game!
pretty sure Allen missed the shot?? It was the one against Grimes I was annoyed with, and...... how the hell was CCJ not paid a mark in the square early in the first quarter? That was a clear mark any day of the week

What do we do about this defence? We did fine for 3 quarters and I thought our defending was back, but then we just reverted back to crap defending in the last. I know the midfield was responsible for not getting clearances and winning the ball, but in the past few years our defence used to be the reason we cruised to wins in games like this and why we ultimately won the Premiership IMO.

I think the issue may be Balta’s form. Feel like he’s getting outplayed by his man too much. Is that just me or do people agree with that? I don’t know, I feel like I see his man reading the play better than him way too often in defence. It gives the opposition too many shots at goal. Also, Vlastuin’s form is a bit concerning as well (was good in the first half or 3 quarters, but that last quarter wasn’t it IMO).

Don’t know, but all I know is that something is wrong with our defence and we need to fix it quickly.

Ben Miller would have been handy tonight

Would have given us the option to use Balta in the Ruck and up foward as well as Miller actually drifting thought the foward line stretching their defence when the heat was on in the 4th quarter.
Hang on...if Balta' rucks and debutant Miller drifts forward to be a dangerous target after toweling up Kennedy for 3 quarters. While who is on Allen, Darling & Kennedy?

Look I think we could've have debuted Miller on Allen. Risky selection though. Miller hasn't been playing fwd at all in the VFL. I am spewing about Rioli getting straight back IN, after a junk time goal last week. I'm spewing we didn't really replace Prestia with an inside player. Graham and Cotch were average, Kmac's disposal is back to the bad old days of momentum sapping clangers. Pickett's decisions are a problem. Dusty & Bolton crap decision making around goal.

Last edited:
There are others that need to be replaced in the side. We continue to give chance after chance to players that are not up to the task. I don't get how the coaches cannot see where the problems are. It is plain for us.

They missed that one

pretty sure Allen missed the shot?? It was the one against Grimes I was annoyed with, and...... how the hell was CCJ not paid a mark in the square early in the first quarter? That was a clear mark any day of the week
Yes he missed that shot but it should never have been paid to begin with. Everyone says that we give a lot of frees away with the way we play but for most of the night, we had the ball in our hands so I am lost to understand how we could possible give frees away when are in control of the ball. It is like the umpires look for anything that resembles a free and pay it against us regardless.

Don't get me started about that 8 meter pass to Kennedy that grubbed along the ground.

Nic Nat was HUGE for the eagles and pretty much dominated the entire game
20 poss 3 tackles and 30 hitouts . Nankervis was the most important payer missing tonight between the 2 teams

Nankervis - Prestia - Astbury - Lynch - Soldo
all players above would have been starting 22 in the 2020 GF
Yeah true both teams undermanned somewhat Eagles were missing 4 All Australians which two are our captains.

Tigers will still towel us up at the MCG most likely.

And probably take out the flag you guys definitely know how to peak at the right time !!

Chaos isn’t bombing to the square for a 1 vs 2
Chaos isn’t kicking it around the corner straight to the opposition when you’re too far out from goal
How many 4th Q unconested intercepts Hurn? He obviously read the Richmond ball better than all our "Smart" forwards.

Of those 7 matches how much of a full side we have?
I'm betting the answer is zero.
In the context of tonight.If we had Nank we would have one.
Top 4 is gone however if there is one side who can win it outside the top 4 is us.
If we have a very good % of our team available.
I'm expecting cotch and Martin to go up a gear. Shedda too. I think the dark horse is Tommy lunch. The guy is elite. Get his knee right and mongrel back and he's a force. You'd keep ccj beside him

What do we do about this defence? We did fine for 3 quarters and I thought our defending was back, but then we just reverted back to crap defending in the last. I know the midfield was responsible for not getting clearances and winning the ball, but in the past few years our defence used to be the reason we cruised to wins in games like this and why we ultimately won the Premiership IMO.

I think the issue may be Balta’s form. Feel like he’s getting outplayed by his man too much. Is that just me or do people agree with that? I don’t know, I feel like I see his man reading the play better than him way too often in defence. It gives the opposition too many shots at goal. Also, Vlastuin’s form is a bit concerning as well (was good in the first half or 3 quarters, but that last quarter wasn’t it IMO).

Don’t know, but all I know is that something is wrong with our defence and we need to fix it quickly.
It's all midfield. And S Hocking. We just aren't great one on one, excepting grimes and Mansell. The rules have made our zone defence weak if no pressure upfield. Balta has been awful. JK took him on a merry dance with repeated efforts..He lost all awareness.

Didn’t Allen miss that goal?
George last effort killed us. If he had of wheeled onto his natural side he had 2 free blokes open….. GAME.
Anyway our forward line is legit playing at least 2 blokes down if not 3- something has to change.
On the plus side how good is it watching shai- need another 5 of him.

Also, can we Talk about Bolton's first quarter? 0.3 from 3 shots he normally nails. He kicks those, we go in to 1/4 time 3 goals up. Big difference confidence wise after dominating play and being down.
This is where the game was lost:
399AF130-EDCE-42BD-94CC-03D26B5C29A3.png

Misses can be very costly against West Coast. We kicked 12.9 to West Coast’s 13.3. Even then, most of the 4 touched/rushed behinds for West Coast were heading for the goal. They simply beat us in fundamental goal-kicking skills and we just gave them one too many shots at goal. Gotta be better than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can’t believe we threw that one away ... it’s going to be a long 11 days waiting for our next game

Why can’t we put teams away?
Sooo frustrating
We are using a different game plan which looks like we are learning on the run and players don't have full confidence in their ability to execute it. Requires kicking skills and we have several players who don't kick well.
I think I recall JR knocking the ball fwd once and it went straight to an opponent.

Really disappointing to lose that one, which is what we did. It was there for us. Where was the smarts, some run and carry some tempo stuff forward? Instead we panicked and made mistake after mistake. Dusty, Baker, Castanga, Caddy crucial mistakes at times. Where was the run from defence. I have said it many times cannot play baker, short and houli it is giving them to many marking options forward. Our midfeild is at times horrendous and I simply ask is our captains time at an end? He is cooked cannot run forward or back with any speed. I would offer Kelly the world here from GWS, he is exactly what we need, a 2 way runner with class who can win games. We have to free up space for him but we need to keep evolving. Caddy and castange to go. Play 3 talls, why could not ccy drop back into the ruck? Play pickeet on a wing and caddy goes, he is not a wingmans bootlace. We panicked in the box too Dimma, greatley need a caracella in there.

Why the bloody hell was my last post deleted ? It took me a long time to reply calmly and succinctly to that tool WC supporter who came in here trying to school us about why the umps ream us. People say sexist and abusive stuff here all the time and their posts stay up. Oppo troll posts stay up yet mine which wasn't abusive gets deleted.

If there was a phrase or some part of my post that didn't meet terms (?) then delete that part. Don't delete my entire post. Took me bloody ages to refute his rubbish. What the hell ??!?

Can’t wait to see what dimma does with George and Rioli. Has he got the balls to drop both of them.
What other top side would Aarts get a game in??? None- just such an average player but keeps getting a game in our side. Been putting to much faith in those types.
Dimma has to make the changes now.

which small forwards replaces them?

To be honest I thought the defence held up well. We lacked contested marking both deep in defence and down the line. If we had Nank dropping back and Lynch to hit down the line we win, easily.

It's all midfield. And S Hocking. We just aren't great one on one, excepting grimes and Mansell. The rules have made our zone defence weak if no pressure upfield. Balta has been awful. JK took him on a merry dance with repeated efforts..He lost all awareness.
So it isn’t only me that’s noticing Balta’s form. I really don’t know what we can do to fix our defending unfortunately.

Honestly, we could have done something about the midfield before the game. Why did we not replace Prestia with another inside mid? I honestly think that RCD’s inside work could have been useful last night. All it may have taken is just a couple of composed centre clearances late in the game and I think RCD would’ve had that composure in the centre from what I have seen of him.

So it isn’t only me that’s noticing Balta’s form. I really don’t know what we can do to fix our defending unfortunately.

Honestly, we could have done something about the midfield before the game. Why did we not replace Prestia with another inside mid? I honestly think that RCD’s inside work could have been useful last night. All it may have taken is just a couple of composed centre clearances late in the game and I think RCD would’ve had that composure in the centre from what I have seen of him.
I think Balta is missing Leppa’s coaching to be honest

We lost this game …. But I’m more concerned about the way this game is heading …. If that tackle is a dangerous tackle … then we are heading closer and closer to AFLX
[/QUO
Umps explanations encourages all tackled players to throw themselves forward to get in the back and to make sure that their head grazes the surface for dangerous act.
Who is instructing this interp???

The plot....

Lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back